Thread: Best Crochet YouTube Tutorial

Default Best Crochet YouTube Tutorial

I have never picked up a crochet hook in my life & have decided to learn how. So far I have been using a combo of these two tutorials (if I don't quite get it on one I swap & see how the other explains it!).

How to crochet Granny Square Lesson 2 - YouTube
    How To Crochet Granny Square - RH - YouTube

But I'm wondering if anyone has any better suggestions.....

I was doing ok but then I dropped everything off the hook & couldn't figure out where / how to get it back on. So far I'm doing way better than knitting where I can cast on & nothing else!

Hi {sarah} -

I taught myself to crochet from youtube about 18 months ago. I'm getting pretty good at it now too. I found quite a few of this lady's tutorials helpful.

Have fun!

Art of Crochet by Teresa - Crochet Solid Granny Square - YouTube

ETA - The reason I enjoy crocheting so much is there is pretty much only 1 stitch on the hook at a time. If you drop it off the hook, don't panic, just find your loop and pop it back on. It's pretty much that easy - and I to find it a whole lot more fun than knitting, where I could NEVER, ever, ever fix my mistakes.

The art of crochet magazine is good. I read the plain text parts coz I cant read patterns and follow them at all

I bought the Kintting magazine & never used it so hubby would kill me if the same thing happened again I'm actually using the wool from that to crochet!

I think it was really messy so I had some loose stitches when I dropped it off the hook so couldn't figure out where I went wrong. All good. I'm just getting started to do some more now

I love the really simple patterns on about.com Beginner Crochet -- Crochet for Beginners, which are all word and still pictures. But every time I try to find a video tutorial (each time I learn a new stitch) I seem to find a different tutor!

I've found the best lady ever, just the way she teaches makes it so easy. I've managed 3 rows of single crochet (starting with a scarf cos a granny square was too hard ) in the last hour or maybe a bit less. So proud of myself!

Bethintx1's Channel - YouTube

Yay! So proud of you. Next thing you'll be making beanies, rugs and all sorts of things.

I learnt all the beginner stitches from The Art of Crochet by Teresa - she has a youtube channel and facebook page, I find her easy to follow and she uses lots of slow-mo and repetition to explain I only started about 4 months ago and I love making beanies and flowers for everyone!
    I also find the Amigurami style of crochet quite easy to follow

I have the Paton's book Learn to Crochet and it's really clear and explains all of the stitches really well.

I learnt from The Art of Crochet by Teresa too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    I learnt from The Art of Crochet by Teresa too.
    That's probably why we're both so awesome lol