Thread: Best place for cheap knitting and crotcheting patterns?

Default Best place for cheap knitting and crotcheting patterns?

Hi lovely people,

After a trip to Spotlight (expensive) and a trip to the op shop who had nothing I'm wondering were the best place to get patterns is?? Just starting out with crotcheting but have lots of knitting experience so wanting to do a little more of both.

Would love any suggestions.

Pop down to your local library, and look up copies of Better Homes & Gardens / Woman's Weekly

I used to have a few website saved in my favourites that had free knitting patterns.. will have to have a look and see if they are still there... Just had a look and I dont have them anymore.

But... from memory there was one called knitty just google that and it comes up. The lincraft website also had a section with free patterns for knitting and crochet. Also a lot of the wool websites have free patterns too... for example Patons.

Check op-shops, garage sales & ebay
    Google free crochet patterns or free knitting patterns
    Check out the Ravelry website, you need to be a member which is free but then you get access to hundreds of free patterns
    Library check the books but also the old better homes & gardens or burkes backyard magazines
    Some newsagents have knitting & crochet magazines.

Just keep in mind that US patterns are different from Aus & UK patterns, their needles are sized differently & they use different terms, for example a double crochet in Aus terms is a single crochet in US terms.

HTH

Check out the Ravelry website, you need to be a member which is free but then you get access to hundreds of free patterns
    Ditto to that! There are also plenty of cheap ones too and tutorials etc. Great site!

Yes....i find SL expensive too.
    Great suggestions...i get a lot of mine from blogs too....one blog leads into another blog and i find these beautiful women whom can create masterpieces....and leave great instructions, that are free of course.

I third Ravelry! LOVE it!

I fourth Ravelry. It's fantastic! You can do a search in the patterns, and put FREE as one of the filters. My username on Ravelry is Charys - feel free to add me