Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brag thread

bag 2.jpg

A backpack i made for DD

ETA - oops, just realised this was in knitting & crocheting. the backpack is sewn, but i will leave it here anyway.

Cute backpack! I want to make my big girls one each for Kinder next year! I was looking at the toddler backpack pattern on Made by Rae (.com), I would add a pocket though.

I have just joined the ravelry group and linked a couple of projects, my username is Barefoot Mumma, I need to upload more.

Jennifer - I love the beanie you made for DD2 so pretty!

Jackrose - I have been wanting to make the small things romper but DD3 was a spring baby so didn't bother, I should have! Oh well this baby will be born at the start of Autumn so I will make sure s/he gets one or two.
    Love the fairy, did you you use the Sally the Eco fairy pattern, it looks similar. I am planning on making one for each of my girls for Christmas, the one I would like to mirror is a project from the Sally the Eco fairy pattern it is by tausigma, she called her project 'tausigma's garden variety fairy' very cute.

I like that backpack, have you bought the pattern? it wouldn't be too hard to make a similar pattern.

bag.jpg

i lined the inside and added an extra pocket inside. i want to make a bag for me, and then a bigger one for DD with more pockets (she loves pockets!)

No I haven't bought it. I will likely draft a a similar one myself as I will need to make sure it fits their luch boxes and drink bottle once I find a good drink bottle that is!

Pockets are good

just wanted to stick my ugly head in and say WOW! You are all so talented!!!

I love your creations and am very jealous of your talent (and patience!)

Admiringly yours,

n2l

Cute backpack, Hot1!

N2L, purely practice, not talent. Well, at least on my part. Amazing how much better I've gotten by just keeping at it. I've learnt heaps of new knitting techniques as well, thanks to YouTube and the interwebz!

HotI, love to see some sewing action here! It is always very inspiring to see any sort of handcrafts. Love the bag, bet it is a hit. Any toddler would be enamoured with a such a creation, bright and coloured and pockets!! Nice job on the lining too.

DaintreeDream, I love trawling through Made by Rae. She is so inspiring. Love to see how you go with a pair of backpacks - you know now you have mentioned it here, you are going to have to go through with it

As for the small things romper, I was thinking it would be pretty cute in cotton or bamboo for a spring baby. Although with an Autumn baby coming, you have the perfect recipient for the romper. I noticed the Romper goes up to a size 2, imagine a toddler running around in one!! I think I am going to have to make a bigger one at some stage, it is just too cute!

You are right, the fairy is from the Sally the Eco Fairy pattern. I love the fact that it has been made so many times and in so many different variations. I was also taken by the tausigma's garden variety fairy. Talk about divine! I spent so long checking out all the different versions, modifications and hints and it was excellent to be able to personalise a pattern. The only problem is that I can loose hours entering the Ravelry world and then become overwhelmed by ideas and not know where to start!

You should absolutely make one for each of your girls. Then they can share a wardrobe! My girls have the doll I knitted and a Jemima doll from the ABC shop which is the same size and a variety of knitted clothes and they love dressing them up. DD2 has actually taken possession of the knitted doll and renamed her Ramona - after a local shop owner in our street called Ramona. The doll was so fun to make and it is such a delight to see DD enjoying her. She is standing up well to the play.

N2L, I completely agree with Jennifer13, keeping at it and the internet are what took me from a wonky, half hearted knitter to a crazy knitting lady. I was knitting today while stopped at traffic lights I am enjoying it that much, (and I have a deadline of a friend due to deliver twins at any moment…) So i don't think it is talent as much as dogged persistence.

Now, off to check out your work on Ravelry Daintree!

I forgot about dolls clothes! DD1's Teddy has a little dress I knitted for it. Something else to remember when I run out of babies to knit for!

Just finished a gorgeous dress for DD1 using some beautiful Japanese hand dyed yarn and a pattern from tiKKi knits - Eden's Eve.

It was such a pleasure to knit and watch the coulour come out and it turned out to be just the right size. Best bit is that she is thrilled with it (as opposed to turning up her nose... always a risk!) Now just hoping for a decent amount of comfortable weather before spring is over so she can get some wear out of it!

2012-10-24 08.56.48.jpg

Jackrose - That's very cute!!! I'm glad she loves it!

HotI - Wow. I love the little backpack you made.

Here's the last thing I made the other month. I made a doll for someone and thought I'd chuck in a beanie too because I wanted to try out the pattern as stitch I've not done before. I'm super proud I stuck with it after having to undo it a few times cause I messed up the stitch count but I got there in the end. Here's a picture -- Click me.

I haven't been making much. I've got all these ideas I want to crochet but I just can't get myself started on them. Lol.
    I had this idea the other night that I want to dye my own fabric and sew my own doona cover but whether that actually makes it's way out of my head and to the sewing machine is another story. Haha

Loving all this crafty stuff, bunch of talented ladies on here.
    I have a bunch of stuff on the go but i think i need to start to do one thing at a time...lol
    I just finished making a Manchester United Girl doll for my DD, even the hubby was impressed
    And currently trying to get a heap of little Hoot and Hootabelles done up for some nieces and nephews, see below for my prototypes..hee hee

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...achmentid=3175
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...achmentid=3176

They are awesome Chippyrabbit!

Jewel, that hat looks awesome! It is so worth persisting in hindsight isn't it! I have never seen that stitch before, it looks like it would use a lot of yarn and be a very warm hat. Great pattern.

Chippyrabbit, you are going to be a very popular auntie with a collection of owls like that to give away! Great work.

Default Brag thread

Anyone got a good simple knitting pattern for toddler overalls? I saw a pair for sale that would be perfect for DD2 for next winter, but I figure I have time to try making them.

Going to start on a cardigan for DD1 now. LOVE that dress!

Few friends having new babies in the next weeks, so I should get cracking on some beanies for next winter as gifts.

Jennifer, funny you should say overalls, I was just looking at a few patterns for them - I'll send you links via pm as they are attached to commercial sites - although all patterns are free (mostly petite purls). They are soooo divine!!

I am busy looking for some warmer weather patterns - something in cotton I think. Feeling a little edgy without something on the needles!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123