Thread: Chording without DPN?

Default Chording without DPN?

Help, i have knitted DS the cutest little cardigan that i was hoping to finish off today while i have some me time, but i have just googled how to make an I-chord for the ties and don't have any double pointed needles!

What can do instead? I don't want to go up to the shops unless i absolutely have too

Do you have a circular needle you can use instead of dpn?

You might have already gone to the shop, but if you didn't, you can try a wooden skewer about the same size as your needle or anything that is short and open-ended on each side (the same thickness as the dpn you need).

I've used pencils before!

Thanks Dace, I tried a few different ways and gave up as i wasn't liking them so i will give the wooden skewer or the pencil a go tomorrow.

I tried the cardigan on DS anyway, and it is a bit too small anyway so it will unfortunately become a new outfit for one of DD's dolls! So glad it was a test run only and i didn't use my nice wool on it!

I had my kiddo bouncing around the office being playful (aka distracting), so I forgot to mention in my earlier post that - failing all my other suggestions - you can use regular needles and keep putting the stitches back onto the needle you just knit them off (without turning the work)... Does that make sense? These things always seem more confusing when you type them as opposed to just being able to show someone!

I'm so sorry that your cardigan is too small for DS! Your DD will be thrilled to have some clothes for her doll, though, I'll bet.

Better luck with your "good" wool!