Thread: crocheting need help!

Default crocheting need help!

I been looking at some really nice blankets where ppl have these awesome patterns on there crocheting flowers and i dont know how to do it, i cant read patters and can only make squares. Does anyone know how to do this? Also does anyone do or know where they do granny square patch swaps/trades?

Sorry chicky, no help here - I can crochet blankets/booties/scarves no problem, but I can't do the squares!!

Didn't want you to think you were being ignored

Okay, I do know how to do the flowers.* I don't have a pattern in the house I don't think, that I know where to find it any way.* Basically what you do is make a chain - length depends on how large you want to make the flower.* They you form a circle out of the chain by crocheting into the first chain.* Then to make the petals, you make 3 chain or so, and then do 2 or 3 double trebles, then a treble. You work into the circle not iinto the chains of the circle iykwim.* That forms the shape of the petal.* You repeat this all the way round the circle till you get your finished flower.To make the square around the flower, you work a number of chains from the top of one of the petals and kinda make enough to form a square, working into the petals as you go round.This is probably not very clear and is only from memory.* Have a bit of a fiddle and see how you go.

I have two words for you!

YOU TUBE

Do a search for crochet flower and take your pick!

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowa_girlie View Post
    Sorry chicky, no help here - I can crochet blankets/booties/scarves no problem, but I can't do the squares!!

Didn't want you to think you were being ignored
    thanks

thanks everyone might do a utube search