Thread: Which do you prefer?

Default Which do you prefer?

I'm just curious if anyone prefers one over the other.
    So... Crocheting or Knitting?

so far i've only taught myself to knit so i'm squarely in that camp

but i've got some stuff here to teach myself to crochet eventually - just waiting til the time is right - no point trying to teach myself something when i'm likely to get grumpy and frustrated and turf it - kinda defeats the purpose...

Croqueting for me
    its more portable because I croquet on the train and when i tried knitting, it was poking people ehheheh

I dont mind either but on the croqueting side at the moment (been croqueting berets like crazy)

I do both ( not very well )

I find crochet easier and you can do it without thinking too much... But there are way more knitting patterns out there...

just wish I could read knitting or crochet patterns hences why my house is full of nanna rugs and scarfs

I'm the same as everchanging...I do both (not very well) and so far have only managed nana rugs and scarves, LOL. It depends what mood I am in at the time as to which I prefer.

I'm still learning both, and am in the knitting fan club at the moment.

I was in the crochet club about a month ago, but then I asked my mum (she finally had time) to help me with something, and she couldn't figure out what I had been doing, and in the end I figured out that I had crocheted an entire ball of thread BACKWARDS!!! I can't stop laughing at my idiocy on that one, and haven't managed to actually pick it back up again, knowing that I did it all wrong! What an idiot!

I'm a knitter (basic) - have knitted hats and blankies for both my bubs, and a couple of scarves, bits and pieces like that; something about cold weather just makes me want to knit every year.
    I've looked at crochet, but just can't seem to figure it out.
    If anyone wants to teach me... ?
    Tara made it look so simple on BHG tonight

Thanks for replying.

I'm into crocheting. I'm currently in the middle of a couple of projects and have finished a few. I'm only a newbie to crochet though but I'm lovin' it. I'm so proud of what I've made. Hehe. I haven't really gotten into any patterns or anything so I just make it up as I go. It seems to be working out okay that way so far with the things I've made for DS2.

I tried to learn knitting the other week too but I just felt it was too slow for me or something. So now knitting is on the back burner until I get over my crocheting craze.

I prefer crocheting... knitting just does my head in because my tension is too tight even when I try to knit loosely. My crochet tension is pretty spot on so I prefer that - purely because patterns turn out how they should lol.

I also found my tension was super tight when I knitted too, Tk1999.
    It's like I had to fight to get the needle in each and every time. So annoying. I couldn't help but do it tight either, so I don't know.

Tennykins, yep I really struggled to get the needle into the stich - I started with plastic needles because I didn't like that the metal needles went cold but after breaking quite a few plastic ones I went to the metal and then got frustrated at the scrapping noise it would make as I struggled to knit because it was so tight... glad to know I am not the only one out there that struggles with their knitting tension

Crocheting for me is much better!

Either! Yeah I'm a tight knitter too. I recently knit a patchwork rug but will never knit anything again without a pattern - like I'm not THAT good LOL

But previous to that I enjoyed crocheting some doilies.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I'm a crochet girl. I sort of know how to knit (my grandma and aunts did teach me once as a child). But I find that crocheting is easier for me; it grows quicker (the stitches are taller), and I can stop in the middle of the row if I need to (and it's actually easier to stop there than at the end of the row in some patterns for me).

I have far too many patterns , darn internet. I used to surf just for patterns that looked good and that I *might* make one day. And I had subscribed to a crochet list so I was constantly hearing about all these cool patterns. I currently have 6 lever arch folders full of patterns that I've downloaded and 1 lever arch of mags that I have bought over the years. I have made maybe up to 20 of them at most. I have had to make myself stop looking unless I have a specific item in mind to make.