Thread: How do I stich up a beanie?

Question How do I stich up a beanie?

Hello again, well I've nearly finished my 1st knitting project I've knitted a beanie with straight needles so now I need to sew up the seam, do you just do that with regular cotton and a needle or is there a knitting way to do it with knitting needles and wool?

As for the beanie itself... I't probably too small but only just, it would fit a new born I guess and I knitted it pretty loose so it's pretty stretchy without being tight on a bubs head... All in all I'm pretty impressed with myself if I do say so myself!

So I've answered my own question and ended up threading the wool through a regular needle and sewing it up, looks good for my 1st effort and I think it will be big enough after all... I put it onto a teddy bear and it fits well

Well done! I've never sewed up a beanie because I learned to use circular needles. If you look on the knittinghelp site (google it) it might have a tutorial there for sewing up projects.

Raven thanks so much for posting about that site, it looks great! I think I might tackle some socks next? I will have a look through what patterns are on the site and see what looks not too hard
    Last edited by Cherished; January 31st, 2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo!