Thread: Yay I can crochet!!!

Default Yay I can crochet!!!

Thanks to my new boyfriend on you tube

YouTube - Crochet Granny Square

Just sharing for the girls I saw yesterday and anyone else that may be interested!

woot thanks for that sam!!!!

WooHoo!! Doesnt it feel great when you master a new skill. Good for you!

NOOOOOO.... I don't have time to learn another skill.... he makes it look so easy....

What are you going to crochet?

I wanna do dishcloths... is that bad? My mother and granny were crochet gurus.

Like THIS in red and black or black and white, or purple and black...

ANNNND one with a cupcake pattern OR CHERRIES!

Haven't thought about this at all...

*runs away to hide*

Quote Originally Posted by Niliac View Post
    What are you going to crochet?

I wanna do dishcloths... is that bad?
    If you're running away to hide Cai, then I may as well move to Mars...

Somewhat embarrassing for me to put this in a public forum but here we go: I'm BloominRoses and I'm currently making dishcloths.

I saw the idea on the DesignSponge website - which I am obsessed with by the way - and I've been making them ever since. Of course, I can't do them in 20 minutes as it seems the rest of those Edward Scissorhand types on that website can, but I'm plodding along nicely.

However, I have never seen a skeleton one and now I'm seriously lusting after the pattern. Think I may have to buy "The Happy Hooker". Can't wait to put that one in my Amazon cart.

WeeeEEEElllll I saw a scarf made from granny squares for $40 and thought I could make one if I could figure out how. I have plenty of wool thanks to my knitting fetish.

I saw a cupcake tutorial Cai!

I told DH I wanted him to buy me happy hooker... he roared with laughter and then asked me if I wanted to join the scrapping cult too? Hmpf. I will have my skull dishcloth. And I will make it myself.

OMG Sam... and check out the crocheted stuff on etsy for some more ideas, the berets are just GORGEOUS and they sell for a mint!

We should start a crochet club just so I can freak out my DH.

i'll join that club cai!

Lol I can crochet too and would love to join the club should it be formed - but I'm not so good on the following of complex patterns - easy ones yes but not the complex ones - I usually either crochet squares and then join them together or crochet in straight line pattern (they do have technical terms I just don't know them) - and my quirk is I am dominant right hand but crochet left handed because Mum is left handed and I couldn't figure out how to do the mirror image of her so just started crocheting left handed!

ETA: Oops my bad, I forgot to congratulate Raven on her achievement! Sorry Raven... it is a great feeling when you realise - hey I can do this!
    Last edited by tk1999; April 16th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

I think I'm officially in love with Mikey Smail.

And he's from the same province in Canada as me! If only there weren't the issue of thousands of miles, DP, Peanut on the way, etc... standing in the way it would totally be meant to be.

Be careful on Etsy - I was up until 6.30 this morning after getting hypnotised looking at crocheted stuff. Then I found crocheted baby mobiles made with either monkeys, fish, farm animals, etc which were absolutely gorgeous and selling for a fortune on a baby site back home so now I'm determined to up these hooking skills pronto. I'll get me my monkey baby mobile gosh darnit but there's no way I'm paying $90USD for it!

ETA - I'm definitely up for a crochet club should one ever be formed! Although I fear I may bring the team average down quite a bit.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

just re-found this forum/thread area after giving up late last year as no one seemed to be into crocheting. (I gave up trying to knit, kept dropping stitches). I like crocheting 'cause it doesn't matter if I stop in the middle of the row and there's all those different stitches to play with that make things look cool and different.

I've made a few different sorts of things over the years - tops, blankets, toys, curtains, dishcloths, hand towel tops (you know the ones you can hang up in the kitchen). Mainly baby blankets though - can be making those on and off for ages and eventually there's someone to give it to when I finish it. though I do have a set of curtains (for our bedroom) that have taken me about 5 years so far and only just over 5/7 of the way through them (7 panels in total to make, completed 5 started the 6th). Also have a wrap (sort of like a dressing gown) which was my second project to start still on the go (think I started it around 1996 - opps that's over 10yrs ago)

definitely in the crochet club if anyone's getting one started.