Thread: Gift ideas for friend....

Default Gift ideas for friend....

a very close friend of mine, her Pa is dying, pretty much on his deathbed as we speak she is very close with him, he has practically raised her as a father, and obviously she is devastated. when i lost J, she was a great friend to me. she bought me a keyring with a picture of him and his name engraved, and as J was born around my birthday, she also bought me tickets to see Kings of Leon (one my fave bands)

i was after something to get her in return. i just don't know what to get her!!! the only thing i could think of was a Willow Tree figurine, because that's what i was given when J died, and they are surrounding his urn right now on a shelf.....what about if i buy her a nice figurine and photo frame for her to put a photo of him in?

i don't know....any other ideas??

I'm sorry about your friend's grandpa. I was devastated when we lost my grandma a few years ago.

The willow tree figurine and the photo frame sound like a wonderful idea.

i love Willow Tree figurines. They are just gorgeous. So i think your idea sounds beautiful
    to your friend

I think what you have thought of sounds like a fantastic plan. How wonderful. You could also maybe do a photo book (get your hands on some photos of her and him from her family) and put that together with some nice poems.
    Or maybe a nice pendent with a photo of him.

Jus you thinkin of her, shows what an awesome friend you are. Xoxox.

sounds like a lovely idea - but ultimately, you know your friend more than we do. what i think is a lovely gesture, your friend may think is silly kwim? go with your heart, your gut, and your knowledge of your friend. you can't go wrong if you do that hun.

she obviously knows you (because i would not consider concert tix for someone who had just lost their angel - except for one or two friends) - and she chose well - trust yourself to do the same

Just a thought....... but if your friend has a Pandora bracelet, maybe you could buy her a charm with the letter of his first name on it, or some sort of symbol that will reminder her of her Pa.
    Last edited by Mumma22beautifulgirls; April 16th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumma22beautifulgirls View Post
    Just a thought....... but if your friend has a Pandora bracelet, but if she does, maybe you could buy her a charm with the letter of his first name on it, or some sort of symbol that will reminder her of her Pa.
    oh my gosh she does!!! i completely forgot about her bracelet! but that's a great idea, i will look into it

also, about the concert tickets, she said she was thinking of getting before it all happened for my birthday anyway, but then thought after it all i needed a night away, a girls night, a night to forget, so to speak.

thanks everyone....not sure if she's a fan of the Willow Tree figurines, but i think they're a nice gesture.....

Glad to help maybe have a few conversations with her and see if she has any stories that might give you an idea of something you could add to her bracelet. Each of my charms has a story to it, and reminds me of various people/times, so it might be nice for her to have a permanent reminder of him right with her. Good luck, and what a lovely, thoughtful friend you are.