Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outing Another's Pregnancy on Facebook

Not entirely the same but I found out through FB that my grandfather had died.... A cousin posted when I was at work & my parents were still at the nursing home, they hadn't wanted to call when I had a long drive ahead. So I got home was browsing FB & found it. Not happy to say the least.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezelMonster View Post
    If you go into your Privacy settings, there is a tick box for allowing friends to post on your wall. If you untick it, no one can write on your wall! That should be enough but if not there are probably other things that can be fiddled with! Check out the customise settings options in the Privacy section
    Thanks so much

I have a FB "friend" that very often has status' up about friends being UTD or just had a bub and everytime I read one I wonder if they were ready to share the news...
    Hasn't happened to me but I can certainly understand why people get upset! What I cant understand is why others think they have a right to announce other peoples special news! So very rude.

i had 2 friends in the last 4 months who had people announce there babies births on FB it really annoyed the crap out of me also commenting on the weight of the babies (both 10lb) and how big the babies were and when i have my bub ive had to tell my mum it is not her job to ring people cause it is our news not hers she will here the baby cry and be on the phone it is sad

No, I haven't come accross this...I would be truly upset if anyone did that to me - particularly since all our issues with ttc.

Really why do people feel the need to steel peoples thunder?... Oh & Sarah that must have been truly awful to find out about your grandfather that way.

I think that is really really rude!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12