Thread: BB: to share or not to share?

Default BB: to share or not to share?

I need some help deciding whether or not to share BellyBelly with my SIL. She's just been diagnosed with pcos and has been ttc for 2 years with no luck. she's really uninformed about pcos and ttc in general, so logically as soon as I heard about her issues I thought "she needs BB!".
    But here's the issue: BB is my safehaven. I need it for sanity and info and venting and asking wayyy tmi questions I couldn't ask people IRL etc. DH (her brother) and I are going to start ttc #1 around december and I REALLY wouldn't want her to read the stuff i'm posting about our ttc efforts .

BUT she needs help, support and information and it would be selfish not to share... I don't know. I'm stuck. I would have to go back and delete all my vent threads about my inlaws and all tmi threads... Sigh...

What to do?

What about suggesting she look up a forum? Say you sometimes look random ones up in google but don't mention you're actually a member of one. She may find BB herself and perhaps she won't recognise you???

Refer her to another forum LOL

I dunno I'm always happy to share bb because of the amount its helped me. I post a lot of personal stuff but I figure its who I am in real life so if it offends someone I know - they obviously don't know me that well after all LOL

Both my sisters are on BB - we agreed that was is said on BB stays on BB - I treat them as any other member.... I sometimes know a little bit too much about them but I also can choose not to read their threads.

If you can remain anon, maybe just say that a friend of yours who has PCOS found a online forum really helpful and it was called BellyBelly or something like that.

You don't need to tell them your username, and if they ask, say its probably best you stay anonymous from each ther as they may want to ask questions comfortably and if they know who you are it might make them less likely to ask

I would share BB with my sister as it is a good forum for me and may be for her. I would not tell her my username, but she may well guess who I am and that wouldn't bother me unless she brought it up IRL in front of others.

I would not share BB with my sister-in-law because all she would post would be "moo". I'm sure you understand what I am saying. (I also wouldn't tell her my username in case she came on and saw this post.)

Thanks for your advice. Keeping my username private and not telling her i'm using bb myself might be a good idea. I wouldn't hesitate telling my sister, but with SIL i'm not sure if she really wants to find out in great detail what i'm doing to her brother or other sperm related matters sooo...yeah, private might be the way to go!

I've wondered about this with various friends and family members...

I've tended to say in very general, generic terms that there's a lot of online forums out there, where you can chat with other people with all sorts of experience and ideas, and they might find that helpful.

What they do with that is their business.

I sometimes wonder whether there's people on here who I know, but who we haven't figured out who the other is.

there is a specific PCOS forum.......