123 ...

thread: Do you get dressed everyday?

Jul 2009
    Australia

Question Do you get dressed everyday?

When you wake up do you straight away get dressed and then start your day or are you like me and lounge around in your pjs and only get dressed if you are going out or expecting somebody to come over?

I myself would prefer to get my pjs filthy then an outfit everyday, save on washing. Same with the kids they will generally go around in their pjs and will only get changed if they make themselves really filthy or we're going out/expecting somebody.

Jul 2007
    melb

Kids get dressed everyday.

I get dressed pretty much everyday and only occasionaly have days in PJ's.

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

yes, I'm one of those people that get up and get dressed... Unless its a weekend and I'm doing nothing...

Dec 2009
    Perth

I have to have my shower in the morning. I feel all icky if I don't! At some point, PJs start to feel icky so if I haven't had my shower and gotten dressed yet, then I do. I can't spend the day in PJs.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

Yes everyday! I can't get going on weekends without a shower and getting dressed

Jan 2006

Yes, I get dressed every day. DH would be furious if I didn't. Plus I do have to go out every day - taking DS to school or the park. When he was younger it was playgroups/coffee mornings.

I think that, since DS was born, I have had one pyjama day. I was feeling low and ill, DH was out fishing, it was a rainy day... Liebling and I did a TV and jammies day! But I do feel unclean and bad if I don't get dressed and I berate myself for days afterwards, so it isn't worth it for my mental health.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

I get dressed every day. Today I was in my pyjamas until 11 and I felt like a grot because I hadn't had my morning shower.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Always up & get dressed, only time it's pj's is if we are sick.
    Girls have pj days but they don't wear them again IYKWIM, they get a fresh pair before bed.

Nov 2011
    Perth

I sleep nekkid so I do generally throw some clothes on

And I usually like a shower to wake up anyway.

Oct 2008
    Newport, VIC

We all get dressed every day. Rarely a day would go by that we don't go out or see other people. It's important to me that my kids get into what I think are good habits and values. Being dressed means that I achieve more.

Also, for the kids it draws a difference between day time and sleep time.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

I'm a little prone to schlepping around in my pjs when I can (ie most weekends), but it does set the day behind, so I need to rein it in a bit. But it doesn't save washing because I chuck them in the wash if I've been hanging around in them for a while.

Jun 2012
    South Australia

have to get dressed everyday due to work , but i do stay in my pjays if i'm feeling lazy on sunday, or i had a really late night out, or feeling sick etc!

Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne

I have a shower usually after breakfast, sometimes it doesn't happen until DH gets home, but usually the morning. I'll get dressed in actual clothes maybe 1-2 times a week right now. Usually I just get dressed into different pj's or track suit pants I go out the front and play outside with DD in tracky pants or sometimes pyjama pants like a real bogan lol! Right now pjs or trackies are all that's comfy!

Dec 2007
    Melbourne

I usually lounge around in my pj's for a little while before showering and getting dressed. DD sometimes spends the day in her pjs if we aren't going anywhere because she wants to or as a treat.

Mar 2006

I get dressed as soon as I've had breakfast. I can't stand being in my PJ's. If I spend a day in PJ's I have to be really, really, really sick...and even then I prefer to get changed into yoga pants or similar.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Schlep. Love it. That's me. Not every day but on occasion. Especially during School Holidays and weekends. I still shower. But I do schlep. But let me tell you something. If you want someone to visit you... schlep. Guaranteed every time I vow to having a sloth day and stay in my pj's I get an impromptu visit *facepalm.

Jul 2009
    Australia

Yep i live in pj pants and trackies, sometimes even leggings if ive used everything and haven't done any washing!

DD will get a fresh new pair of pjs before bed and DS being a chucky bub gets changed multiple times a day. They both get bathed every 2 days and i shower almost everyday.

Jun 2007
    Brisbane

We all get dressed. When we've got things to do, places to go, people to see etc we (as in kids and I - DH pulls on his exercise gear the minute he's out of bed every morning) get dressed pretty much as soon as we're up and atom. But on a quiet day at home, I'm happy for us to laze around for a bit longer in our pjs before getting dressed.

123 ...