Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you get dressed everyday?

I lived in "house clothes' after dd was born and it got so bad the boys use to get excited thinking we would go out if I put real clothes on or make up, so I tried to get up early and have me all sorted before 7am.
    now its hit and miss. need new house clothes/ jarmies mine are all worn out

99% of the time. I feel better if Im dressed, even if I dont leave the house

I get dressed as soon as I get out of bed, otherwise I feel too 'cruisey' and nothing gets done. Plus now DD is in her own bed (WOOHOO! Until #2 arrives... lol) I sleep semi-naked most of the time anyway so it seems silly for me to wake up and get out of bed and put on pjs! Sometimes if I sleep in pyjamas and I feel really lazy I'll have my coffee in my jamas. A 'lazy around the house day' usually involves a singlet and a sarong as a skirt, so if you see me in that, that's my equivalent of a 'pj day.'

I have never, ever spent a whole day in pyjama's. Neither have my children. It is daytime, pyjama's are for bed! Even if we are staying at home all day with no chance of visitors I still get them dressed.
    Last edited by Artechim; October 9th, 2012 at 06:55 AM.

Yes I get dressed every day. So do the kids, even if we are going no where or expeciting anyone. If they didnt, they would have no idea weather its bed time or lunch time

shower and get dressed every morning.

if i can do it before the kids are up, i get to enjoy it. if they wake up first, we do breaky first and then all jump in the shower.

even when i was doing vol firefighting and we had a call out in the middle of the night, i would have to ditch the pjs and put clothes on before running out the door. (some others just rock up in their pjs though

Oh my. It already takes hours to get the kids in shoes, hats and Sunscreen to take them to the playground... If we didn't get dressed right after we got up I'd never function at all. Everyone is dressed before breakfast. We bathe at night, but I never ever hang around in pjs. My husband has a few times recently and he sits in rest mode and does nothing all day.

I love schlepping around in my pjs. Will usually stay in them until I need to get dressed to go out so often until lunchtime. But I do feel a bit down and lazy if I have too many whole PJ days.

Yes. I do, if I am staying home I will wear trackies or my favourite torn up jeans that I can't bare to throw away yet. If my girls stay in their PJ's for to long they get them to dirty to wear, since they only have a couple of pairs each I dress them since I have dozens of t-shirts and pants for them to wear.

I get up, get in the shower, get dressed and start the day. When I don't the day goes to pot and it's just all wasted and out of whack!

I like routine!

Yes, we get dressed every day. I think I can only think of once I've had my pj's on all day when DD1 was little and I was so tired and having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzo View Post
    Yes. I do, if I am staying home I will wear trackies or my favourite torn up jeans that I can't bare to throw away yet. If my girls stay in their PJ's for to long they get them to dirty to wear, since they only have a couple of pairs each I dress them since I have dozens of t-shirts and pants for them to wear.
    Ditto this, pretty much.

Obviously we get dressed right away on work/daycare days, but on days off we still get dressed. It just takes a little longer, and if I'm not going anywhere I'll just get in my daggies

I get dressed every day unless I am sick. I don't think my pj's are cute enough to wear all day, I like my other clothes better. If I look gross I feel gross, I'm in a much better mood if I'm wearing something that makes me feel good. So it's kind of like a public service!

I get dressed everyday too. Like some others, if I'm planning on staying home for the day ill generally just wear trackies, but I'm still dressed! I feel gross if I'm not dressed. DD gets dressed everyday too - even when she's sick!

We all get dressed in day clothes. It may take until midday before the last one is done but we get there.

Not unless I'm really sick and even then I might put on trackies

Default Re: Do you get dressed everyday?

I don't have pj's so I tend to get dressed.
    Otherwise I wear my dressing gown. But ive been trying to get dressed as soon as I get out of bed as I often don't get another chance

ETA sorry didn't notice how old this thread was!

Lol! No! I only get dressed if Im going somewhere or expecting someone. Haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast