Thread: Help with suggestions to reunite a lost item with the owner

Default Help with suggestions to reunite a lost item with the owner

So, this afternoon I came across a hearing aid in the street. I can imagine that this is an expensive (and potentially devastating) thing to misplace and I'd really like to try to get it back to it's owner.

I'm scratching my head trying to come up with ways to do this though. I thought I'd put up a few signs in the street but other than that, can anyone think of some good avenues to try to alert the owner that I have their precious hearing aid?

Drop it into a police station? If you or a friend has a Facebook account, put it up on there that you have found it and dropped it into which ever station it is. Try and encourage local friends to share your status, or put it on a local buy/swap/sell page.

contact Australian Hearing - they should be able to tell you if there are serial numbers that they can check to find the right owner or point you in the right direction to help return it via other means

Excellent. Very good ideas.

: I don't know what is wrong with my lateral thinking today! :

ETA: Called Australian Hearing and they suggested I take it to a hearing centre to track down the owner via the serial number.
    Happy to be on the way to solving that, thanks BG

Also posted on some local fb pages just incase it makes a connection there. Thanks MrsFab!
    Last edited by jackrose; March 22nd, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Maybe ring hearing clinics around the area?

ETA - LOL, that's what happens when you leave the thread up for hours while you do something else. BG comes along and steals your brilliant answer!

Default Re: Help with suggestions to reunite a lost item with the owner

Just wanted to say thanks for the effort you are putting in, DH wears hearing aids and they are indeed very expensive items so someone will be very pleased when find it. Police station and hearing centre would be where we would check.

Default Help with suggestions to reunite a lost item with the owner

My mums hearing aids have cost her around $2,000 each these days. You are very kind to go to this effort to reunite them with their owner.

Success!
    The owner of the hearing aid called this afternoon after I left my contact details at the local Chemist.

He should have it back by tomorrow afternoon, I am so pleased to have found him.

$2000 FabFiona?!? I thought it might be expensive but sheesh!

Excellent news!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackrose View Post

$2000 FabFiona?!? I thought it might be expensive but sheesh!
    my dad has hearing aids. His ,sat set were just under 6k from what mum said... They are e finitely not cheap!

Default Re: Help with suggestions to reunite a lost item with the owner

Yep DH pair were around 6K and also there is a settling in period with them and lots of adjustments in beginning so losing and having to get new ones even if insured would be big inconvenience.