Thread: Walkie Talkie toy which to buy ?

smiles4u Guest

Question Walkie Talkie toy which to buy ?

Hi all,

My 4.5yo DD has asked Santa only for a walkie talkie toy, needless to say that's an interesting 'ask' from a chatterbox only child so seeing Mummy here will more than likely be on the other walkie talkie i would like some recommendations on what brand of walkie talkie to buy & approx how much$ and what shop to best buy them from ??

TIA for any suggestions

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

We got some great ones from **** Smith. They were $59.95 I think. I will let you know the brand when I find them lol but we didn't want a cheap gimmicky brand that would break down in 5 minutes. They are the 3km radius ones, wouldn't want less than that.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I bought Tinkerbell ones and they didn't work. I think it's worth getting 'proper' ones.

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    We got some great ones from **** Smith. They were $59.95 I think. I will let you know the brand when I find them lol but we didn't want a cheap gimmicky brand that would break down in 5 minutes. They are the 3km radius ones, wouldn't want less than that.
    oh that would be fantastic to know, in fact i think i got a catelogue from D*ckSmith the other day ... yes please if you could let me know what brand (thanks Kelly)

Lulu thanks heaps for the heads up as i wondering the same !

Aww you will hate them after a day! My boys have had a few cheap sets from big W & man they are annoying LOL

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by *Efjay* View Post
    Aww you will hate them after a day! My boys have had a few cheap sets from big W & man they are annoying LOL
    lol (or maybe i should be crying Efjay) i have been told that but what can i say i can't help myself cause it's been on top of her ask list for Santa for ages, needless to say she informed me today when she gets her photo's with Santa tomorrow she is going to ask him, ... oh dear maybe Mummy might have to have a touch of laryngitis at times

We have the Ben10 ones. They are OK.

Oh i know I buy stuff I know I will regret. I bought my 2 yr old one of those horns they all blow at the soccer for his birthday, smart move that was LOL

Oooohh.... I bought some for my kidlets today, they asked Santa for them, too! I shopped around and decided on the Uniden ones from **** Smith. They cost $99 but they are 'proper' ones with rechargeable batteries, 4km radius and 12 month warranty. They did stock smaller Unidens for $49 (maybe the same ones Kelly mentioned??) but they took normal batteries which the girl said didn't last terribly long if the kids use them a lot. Also thought they were a bit too small (easy to lose) and... well, the girl told me the rechargeable ones were better!!! I reckon the kiddies will have fun with them!