Victoria

Tried PM'ing you but your inbox is full

Add fionas on Facebook

Apr 2007
    Recently treechanged to Woodend, VIC

Just cleared it Hestia - thank you!

Dec 2007

HI Fiona,

Your inbox is full. But the amended time is fine, and actually suits better.. Best to use the home number I gave in my 1st PM.

Add fionas on Facebook

Apr 2007

Will do. Thank you!

Add fionas on Facebook

Apr 2007

Hi guys

Firstly, a BIG THANK YOU to those of you I've interviewed so far. I meant to post back in here a lot sooner but I've had a bad run of sick children and not much sleep which has put me seriously behind the eight ball on a number of fronts.

Anyhow, here is some information on in-home care that I mentioned to a couple of you that I interviewed. I thought I'd put it in here rather than PM you as other people may also be interested. This service is open to shift workers and their families where traditional childcare does not suit - ie. you might not need the same days each week or even full days.

We used it for DD1 when we lived in Melbourne. We just let the service know on a Friday what hours we needed the following week. There was a minimum of a four hour block but other than that it was very flexible and the childcare worker comes to your home. Some weeks we didn't need any childcare. Other weeks we might need one four hour session and other weeks we might need two whole days. They could also work nights.

Anyhow, fabulous service BUT it's not offered very widely and it's very badly publicised. We only found out by accident.

Here is a list of current providers:

http://www.nica.org.au/index.php?opt...d=48&Itemid=68

The federal minister has just announced that this has been expanded (not sure the above website has been updated to accommodate these) with these providers:

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Earlychildho...llocation.aspx

I hope this is helpful to some of you and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post!

Add fionas on Facebook

Apr 2007

PS - I'm still looking for interviewees. I've pretty much got the 4 on 4 off type roster covered (thank you ladies). I'm now looking for partners of shift workers who do quite random rosters with big variations in start/finish times and days off and who have children aged under five. There seems to have been much confusion when I used the word "preschoolers" in an earlier post. WHen I said preschoolers I was using it as a generic term meaning any child aged under five (baby, toddler included) who had not yet started school.

If anyone can help, I can interview any time tomorrow (Thursday) or Monday.

Add aussienic on Facebook

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

My dh does 2 days 2 nights 4 days off.

Oct 2008
    Victoria

I'm still happy to be interviewed, my DH does the 4 on 5 off roster with required regular overtime.

Add fionas on Facebook

Apr 2007

Thanks guys, I've got those sorts of rosters covered.

I'm now looking for quite random rosters eg. My DP works a week of earlies then a week of lates. The earlies start at a different time each day and vary from 4am - 9am starts. Similarly the lates start at a different time each day varying from 2pm - 6pm. So finish times change every day. A day off could come anywhere.

So if anyone has a partner with thAt sort of all over the shop roster, I'd love to speak to you.