Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Your DH/DP A Shiftworker?

Default Is Your DH/DP A Shiftworker?

Hi guys

As part of my Masters Degree, I'm conducting some research into what effect shift work has on family life. In the first instance, I'd like to interview the partners of shift workers, preferably those with rotating shifts ie. a week of day shift followed by a week of evening/night shift.

If you're up for a chat over the phone, pls let me know - I'd be EXTREMELY grateful.

PS - I've run this past the mods and they're happy for me to post this.

my dh does 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off repeat. i'd be happy to chat.

Default Is Your DH/DP A Shiftworker?

I'd be happy to help! PM me

Hubby is a paramedic and used to do 2x12hr days, 2x12hr nights with 5 days off, at his new station he is now doing 2x12hr days, 1x12hr afternoon and 1x12hr night shift also with 5 days off

Id be happy to chat if that matches your criteria

My DH does 12 hour shifts, gone from the home for about 14 hours. His roster is 2 days then 2 nights followed by 5 days off. He is required to do overtime so that adds on to his shifts regularly.
    I'm happy to chat, sounds like a very interesting topic to research, I think shift work has a huge effect on families.

My DH also does shift work - He is a fireman and does 2x10hr day shifts and 2x14hr night shift - has a "sleep" day and 3 days off and it rotates. For example Monday & Tuesday Day shift then Wednesday & Thursday night shift, next week will be Tuesday & Wednesday day shift and Thursday & Friday night shift if that makes sense

Also happy to chat if you need more Just send through a PM

my DH does shift work, but not in blocks like you mentioned. He works a 24/7 roster and there is no consistency from one week to the next.. (the only consistency is a 6 week rotation)..

He has done block shifts in the past in his previous job.

If I can help, pm me, and I will give you my number.

ETA - I have a friend whose husband works a roster you have mentioned and I will ask her if she minds me giving you her number if you don't get enough response from here.

Thanks so much guys. I'll PM you all with more details.

If anyone else is interested, the more the merrier.

Fiona, my DH works a four on, four off rotating roster, so right now he is on nightshift for four nights, then he will have 4 days off, then he will do dayshift for 4 days before it all starts again LOL. I'd be happy to participate

Yep I'm happy to participate

Not currently but my ex (DD1s dad) worked 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am rotating weekly. PM me if my past experience can help.

Hi guys

I've PMd a couple of you but it might be quicker if I post in here and bump the thread in the process

I'd like to do my interviews next week. They will take around half an hour. Obviously, I'm not going to keep you on the phone if you need to attend to your children and can call back to complete if we get sidetracked. I can do:

1. Monday and Thursday (pretty much any time)
    2. Tues, Weds and Fri after lunch

Forgot to say in my original message, that the criteria for this one is parents of preschoolers (could just be one preschooler).

Please could you reply to this thread or PM me with a day/time that suits and the best time to contact you.

I'm very, very grateful for everyone's help with this. As many of you know, my partner is also a shift worker so it's a subject close to my heart and I don't know anyone IRL who's in the same boat!!

My DH works Mon-Thurs 2-11pm, Fri 12-9pm and Saturday 5am-12:30pm.
    We love the hours that he works; while the 3 youngest are little. When they're older and at school it mightn't be so great.

From my iPhone.

counts me out LOL my girls are 4(almost) and 2(almost)

My DH is a nurse he does shift work too. I'd be happy to help of I can

No - that counts you in hj1981 - preschoolers as in those not yet attending school.

That would be terrific schonell - if you (or anyone else who fits the criteria) is happy to chat anytime Monday or Thursday OR after lunch on Tues, Weds or Fri, then pls PM me with your contact details. Would be very much appreciated.

Sorry Fiona's I don't meet that criteria , DD is only 18mos

Sent from the land of "iSomethings" so forgive me for any spelking misstaks

i think preschooler is from newborn to 5 years ish, so you would meet the criteria!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast