Thread: Confused- Acupuncture? Yoga? Natropath? New clinic?

vd74 Guest

Default Confused- Acupuncture? Yoga? Natropath? New clinic?

I'm coming up to my last IVF cycle and obviously want it to be the best possible chance. What do I do?

I have multiple barriers to pregnancy (auto immune condition, uterian deformity, right ovary not connected and unusually located, blood clotting disorder, low ovarian reserve, slow to stim, am about to turn 40) and typically develop 3 to 4 follicles with 2 to 3 eggs collected leading to 1 to 2 embryos. We have had an amazing cycle where we had 5 eggs and 5 embryos but all of our embryos fragment around day 5.

After IVF cycle number 8 I am now experiencing depression and DH and I have been seeing a counsellor. My stress levels are through the roof and I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night for the last 6 weeks and am now on Temazapam- not that's its helping! Our finances have just returned to the black and we are trying to save for our next cycle which is stressful in itself. I haven't had a period for 2 months since my last IVF round.

I just spoke to someone who has also done IVF who suggested I try Yoga, acupuncture, a natropath and change clinics? She said she changed clinics to one 4 hours away and got pregnant the first cycle and was doing all the above. It all costs money and all requires the effort and energy that I don't think I can face. I've gone into a tail spin- I feel like I'm not giving this my best chance and that I am doomed to failure again. I don't think I can deal with any of this anymore.

If you had to choose, what do you think I should do?

Hi Vd74,
    Sorry if this reply is too late & you have already had a transfer.
    I have been TTC for almost 3 years & have been having accupuncture for at least 3 1/2 years generally once a week but the most important time to have acupuncture is immediately prior to transfer & straight after. It helps to increase blood flow to the uterus & I find it extremely relaxing & enjoy having me time without interruptions.
    Good luck!