Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crinone side effects

Default Crinone side effects

Howdy girls, I'm new, but have made some posts around the place, I've just finished my 1st cycle of IVF and into the second week of the waiting, waiting, waiting... LOL

Just wondering what other girls had experienced from using the crinone? I am not on hcg/pregnyl injections, just the crinone twice daily.

Also, if the embies weren't to take, would that mean af would turn up 2 weeks after epu, cos technically then it would be 2 weeks past "ovulation".? I feel so frustrated about this wait, more so than any of the others over the past 3.5years- probably cos I know that these embies were actually fertilised.

Anyways, any replies would be great. Wishing everyone the best of luck with their cycles.

Love Sandy xoxo

Sandy, I agree that the first IVF 2ww is just torture compared to a "natural" 2ww. My AF is like clockwork and when she didn't turn up when she was due after my first IVF cycle, I was sure I was pg. For the cycle I did not get pg. then AF turned up right on time. For me, crinone did not make AF come late. I also had no side effects from it, that I notices.
    good luck - what day is your blood test?

i just finished my first cycle. the crinone delayed AF but as soon as i stopped taking it AF came with a vengeance! when i started crinone and had antibiotics too i got thrush (side effects of both of these). also i had a few AF type cramps, but no real spectacular side effect. good luck and heres hoping a BFP awaits you!

NatalieJoy Guest

Hi Sandy,

I hated the crinone - was the worst part of IVF for me, I think I had the majority of the side effects listed - and I didn't read up on what were the side effects until I started to feel so awful. Lucky for me I had a successful cycle so was all worth it.

Last week I had a natural FET for #2 and was very happy that no crinone was needed! Agree with Anney tww on natural FET much easier to endure.

Good luck - hope we both get our BFP's!

Nat

I am interested in hearing about this too. I am not really noticing any side effects, but I am also not noticing any period-like symptons either. too early to tell I suppose, as my EPU was only 8 days ago and transfer 6 days ago. Did have a strange cramp like feeling yesterday and HOPE LIKE anything that it was implanation - but i can only hope as what will be, will be.

This is also my first time IVF cycle, and we conceived our first child naturally.

All the best to you all - and fingers crossed for miracles to happen for everyone here!

Runnermum, that cramplike feeling sounds good. I have had about an hour of strong cramps when I conceived. good luck.

Anney, thanks for your positive vibes.......but who knows? since my last post, I now have sore breasts and dizziness when I lay down to go to bed last night. But now reading up on the Crinone - it desribes these as symptons, so could just be that.

I cannot compare it to my first pregnancy either, as it was natural - i did have sore breasts and dizziness ------- but just don't want to wait any longer to be disappointed or otherwise. THIS is the rollercoaster......

Anyway, great to hear that we are not alone and I am thinking of all of you waiting out there and hoping. Sandy, how are you today??????

Sandy, how are you going? Just thinking of you and hope all is well. I have another few days to wait myself.

Hi Sandy,
    Welcome to BB.
    I had every symptom under the sun from Crinone, and it was not my happiest two weeks because of it. There is a question in the LTTTC & AC thread about Crinone too. I had headaches, thirst, tiredness, dizzyness, plus a few emotional issues as well. It was wierd stuff for me!
    I was just going to add that there are lots of ladies doing IVF for the first time in the LTTTC & AC thread. Click here You might want to hop over to there to meet other first timers and share your TWW. There is even a group of ladies who are suffering out the TWW together!
    Good luck - i hope this is the stickiest emby for you!!

suzy Guest

Hi,

I hated the crinone too. The synarel and gonal f were fine, in fact I'd go so far as to say I felt better than normal during stims.
    But crinone made me very emotional, tearful and irritable, and caused AF cramps (during my 3 bfn and 2 bfp cycles, there really was no difference) and breast soreness. Af turned up a day or so late as well.

Good luck,

Suzy

Hi Girls

I had my transfer yesterday and today will be my 4th day on Crinone, how soon do you start to feel the side-efect of the gel as so far I just have mild period like cramps. I only insert once a day....are people usually prescribed twice a day or just depends on your status. The 2ww is bad enough, having to go through nasty feelings from meds is not something we want on top of all this.

Hey Ltl Panda,
    I was only on Crinone at night too. I have not ever been diagnosed with LP problems, but my FS puts everyone on it, just as a helping hand.
    I started having side effects pretty much straight away. I had no problems with the Synarel (except a sore sore nose) or the GonalF, but Crinone seemed to give me all the side effects possible. I can deal with the physical side effects, but the emotional side effects were not nice. I will be more aware of it next time and i'll be nicer to myself.
    Good Luck - hope you get a BFP, and then you don't have to worry about all those drugs again!

Hi all

I, too, got every side effect from Crinone (except for the "feeling of worthlessness" thank God!!) My FS prescribes it to everyone as well, up till BT day. Mine was BFN and AF arrived right on 2 days later. I put it down to being similar to the last hormone pill before the sugar pills, it took a ciuple of days to get out of my system. I had mild-moderate ohss too, and I had puregon 1500iu 3 times ater ET (every 3 days) and this made me gross too, severe cramps, hot flushes, tears (and more tears) loss of appetite. It was disgusting! I had no side effects from my trigger (5000iu)

Hey everyone,

Thought just to prove that everyone is different...when I was on Crinone on my 1st IVF cycle, I had a bit cramp here and there and no other side effects at all...and I got my AF 4 days early...yuk, didn't even made to b/t...very dissapointed

Hi all,
    Am currently wrapped up in pj's and my dooner wishing the feelings of nausa and cramping away...and i haven't even started the crinone yet...that's Tues after EPU, but i am on early pregnyl 100iu daily to increase the LH. Am dreading the trigger tonight due to present side effects...i don't know if i could survive another couple of weeks of this, unless of cause theres a BFP at the end.

dolphin22 Guest

Hi,

On my first cycle i got cramping pretty much from day 1 of starting the crinone, then on my second stim cycle i didnt have any cramping from it. I fell pregnant on that cycle.

The crinone shouldnt stop AF from coming but for some ppl when they come off it they get their AF straight away. For me on my first cycle i didnt get AF until i was told i got a BFN - really weird.

Good luck though and i hope you get a BFP!

Love Cindy

Not a single side effect here from the Crinone, I feel the most normal I have since starting the pill back in June!!

slyder Guest

I just wish I knew whether all these things DW is experiencing post transfer is the crinone or pregnancy symptoms. They seem to give identical signs. So blo0dy frustrating!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast