Thread: I ovulated, was it the clomid?

Default I ovulated, was it the clomid?

Hi ladies

So I'm TTC # 2, and have pcos. I did one cycle of clomid 50mg with no ovulation. I did my second cycle at 100mg,and again no ovulation. So I decide to take some action and started on Metformin, a low Gi diet, and continued my daily exercise. I have been temping since the start of this second cycle, and over Easter, I got cross hairs on my chart. This was day 35. Each day since my temp has risen, and I could only assume I had ovulated. So I had a blood test done the following week, got the results today, and I did ovulate, with a Progesterone level of 18.6,yay! We only bd once around ovulation, so I have all my fingers and toes crossed that we caught the egg!

So after that long winded intro, my question is, did I ovulate from the clomid (even though it was really late!) or do you think I kick started my ovaries with the metformin etc? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Manhattan x

Default Re: I ovulated, was it the clomid?

I'm no expert but from my experience clomid works within two weeks or it doesn't work... I think if u ovulated at a day 35 it prob was something else not the clomid. I have used clomid in the past for loooong cycles and it was always assumed by dr if I didn't ovulate between like 14/16 day it hadn't "worked"...

I hope that makes sense?

I'm not sure in your case, but I'm a bit similar. I am taking clomid and my first day 21 bloodtest showed no ovulation but then I had another "day 21" bloodtest a week after that (last sat) and it shows I've ovulated so it means the clomid has made me ovulate a week later than I prob should have. If I'm not pregnant which I'll know by Saturday my gyn wants me to still double the dose next cycle

I was on Clomid for 6 months, and took day 21 and day 28 tests to see if I was ovulating or not (I didnt at all for the 6 months even though is was up to a 250mg dose)

I was told the same as Alligatorsmum, if it hadnt worked within that 28day window then it would not be the clomid working it would be something else.

You sound like you are doing all the right things with your diet and exercise in addition to the metformin, so you may well be doing everything on your own.

Crossing my fingers for you that you get the results your after.

Thanks for the input ladies. If I don't get my bfp this cycle, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing for a few cycles before trying the clomid again.