Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD # 10

Default IVF with PGD # 10

Welcome to IVF with PGD forum. This forum is for those that are undergoing IVF with Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis..

This forum provide a space to discuss the issues associated with undergoing IVF with PGD. Please keep the discussion relevant to the forum topic. If discussion becomes more general in nature you will be directed to the LT or LTTTC/AC general discussion threads.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Rouge Admin
    Lenny Moderator
    MadB Senior Moderator
    nothing2lose Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

The last thread is here - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ml#post3303713

andie: good to hear things are going well for you

alison: you poor thing, why don't our bodies cooperate when we need them too, the waiting is so frustrating i was on clexane just as precaution really, because i was doing pgd they decided to throw everyone at me, i had my scan wednesday and everything looked good so i have stopped it now and all seems to be ok

how are all you other girls ?

Hi N2L - I don't know why but I suspect it's like Andie said due to the PGD, there is some flexibility I think they give you a week's grace but they are just so booked up that they have to fit people into rough slots. Unfortunately I can't go on the pill because of my blood clotting gene thing - I'm on Provera now to hold it off to fit in better and it's killing me, my guts has not liked the double dose this time around. Blah!

Hi Andie - glad everything's going well for you too.

Hi Minnie - sounds like everything's going like clockwork, must be a relief to be able to stop the clexane, horrid horrid stuff that!!
    Last edited by Alison1973; April 16th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Same for me...already have my collection booked in & haven't even started my cycle yet. On the pill to get the timing right to fit in with the lab & when they can do the testing. Fingers cross I stimulate well so it doesn't all get stuffed up.

TWW is a killer but the endless waiting is right up there with it I reckon! Only 10 more days til I finish the pill & then it is all systems go!

Hi Everyone - how are you all? I've just spent the last 2 hours crying my eyes out. Day 3 today, went in for bloods all ready to start injections after a 3 month wait only to be told my estrogens surged so high I'm about to ovulate. They don't know why but I do, I think it's the Provera, I was on it for 7 days twice a day and they did it to hold my period off to fit in with the CGH testing, after 7 days off it AF still hadn't arrived, did bloods Friday to tell me I should be bleeding already as my levels were already baseline.....they came Saturday, very light however. So cycle cancelled and the pain is that now I have to wait to do a collection again (I still have to trigger tonight apparently) but the CGH is booked up until June/July now. This is such a crap system they have going, I am about ready to give up I just don't know how much more of this set back after set back crap I can take! Anyone else experienced this???? xx

Good grief Alison, what a terrible run you are having, I don't understand though, aren't you on synarel or lucrin, how can you be surging already if you are on that ?

It's been such a long wait for you already, how frustrating !!

Joe: are you on injections now ?

How are all you pregnant girls going ?

Sorry things are not working out at the moment Alison, such a terrible run you're having. Biggest hugs x

Minnie - no nothing, I was due to start Menopur today but no point now!!!! I was put on Provera to lengthen my cycle so they could "fit it in" with the CGH testing, at the time I went on it I was about 5 days in their opinion going off bloods/scan from having AF. I was on 2 tablets a day for a week and then it took another 7 days for AF to come which they said was a long time for someone who has low progesterone. If I hadn't gone on that Provera to delay AF, I'd be ovulating around now anyway but I'd be around CD14 so I honestly think the Provera stuffed up my hormones and confused them. They say no it's to do with my low egg count but I don't believe them. The other annoying thing is that my FSH was fantastic, 10 - last collection cycle it was at 19 so for once something was looking promising and now this. I am beyond frustrated at the fact that I have to fit in with them, not them fit in with me - I'm chasing my tail here, there's gotta be a better way. And for the record, I will not be taking Provera again they can stick that idea where the sun doesn't shine. Anyway I have to go trigger now to make sure this egg releases, what a waste.

alison - this hasnt happened to me but i can fully understand how frustrating it must be for you. like we dont wait around enough while ttc...

So it is all systems go here. Currently at CD5 on 250IU of gonal F daily. First scan booked for Monday. Haven't done an antagonist cycle before. Is it normal to be feeling sore in the belly already? Have been having a few dizzy spells as well, just trying to keep my fluids up. Trying to keep my excitement under wraps.

Hugs to you Alison xx you are going through a lot at the moment. Know we are all here for you

ooh good luck Joe Spratt, jealous but excited for you! hee hee I did Puregon but I found it non painful, next time I'm doing Menopur to see if I get a better response.

Maybe thinking it's a good thing this happened this week, my FIL has been battling bowel cancer for the last year and has just been given weeks if that to live so it's not a very happy time here at the moment, maybe the universe decided it's not good timing and will wait until after he passes.

Good luck Joe, I did antagonist & I experienced some pain but no dizziness. Drinking lots of water should help.

joe - i was on 250 gonal, responded quite quickly too & was tender. dont be surprised if it subsides by the time you get to collection, apparently your body adjusts (i freaked out a bit bc by egg collection i couldnt feel anything happening). hope your scan went well today.

alison - so sorry to hear about your FIL.

Had my first scan today. I think they said there were about 7 or so follicles all around 10mmin size give or take. Things could be brought forward if it continues like this. Would prefer to keep epu as planned for next Monday as it has taken a fair bit of planning to organise care for DD as we have to travel down to Sydney for collection. Had my first shot of cetrotide today...now that one hurts! Hopefully that will subside as the week goes on.

Hi to everyone!

Alison so sorry about your FIL xxx

alison: sorry to hear about your FIL. Doesn't your clinic start you on something to stop you ovulating before they start the follicle stimulating drugs ?

joe: that sounds good, its annoying though when they start to change plans and you have organised care for your DD, i didn't realise we live close to each other, i also had to travel down to sydney for my epu and the pgd to be done. We ended up taking the kids with us the last time i had epu, DH went in & did his bit and then he took them off for lunch while i had epu, we only figured out it was doable because the time before our DS was vomiting with a gastro bug and we had no choice but to take him with us

double post
    Last edited by minniemouse; May 8th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Tomorrow it's all systems go! Last scan on Friday showed about 11 or so follies all measuring over 20mm in size which would explain the bloating & sore belly. Prog had started to creep up but repeat bt on Sat morning showed it had gone down again with estrogen sitting over 3000 which they were happy with. FX I end up with a decent number as the PGD is for a 50/50 chance genetic disorder....but I only need one! All things going to plan transfer next Saturday

Hi to all the lovely ladies!

that's great news JoeSpratt sending you lots of good luck your way! Look forward to hearing the good news.

AFM - Af arrived today, CD1 on Mother's Day....ironic given had my cycle not been cancelled i'd be going in for transfer tomorrow probably, ho hum. I'm going on the pill this month and then hopefully give it another go!!! Looks like I won't make getting my cycle in before I'm 40 though sigh.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast