Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD # 10

good luck Joe, hope you get lots of eggs !

alison: sorry to hear af arrived today, good luck with the new cycle though

Default IVF with PGD # 10

best of luck, joe. fingers crossed for a good haul. : )

hugs, alison. hang in there. xx

EPU went well. Managed to get 9 eggs and 7 were mature enough for ICSI. Will know fert rates tomorrow so FX for a high %. PGD biopsy booked for Thurs & hopefully there will be one right for transfer on Saturday

solid start, joe! hope you're feeling ok & resting up. ill continue to cross my fingers for you. xx

Yay JoeSpratt that's awesome, any news today?

Well I had some good news today finally! AF arrived on Mother's Day (ironically), went in for bloods yesterday, expecting them to call and put me on the pill for a month while I await a spot at the lab for testing, only to be told they've squeezed me in and my levels are all good this month after last month's funky weird cycle so I start injections today eeek! I was so unprepared so it was a nice surprise, my FSH is down to 7 - I know they go off your highest so it's not really an indication but given it was 19 last collection I'm happy with that. Here's hoping I get a good response to the Menopur, I'd be stoked to get more than 3 as that would mean I wouldn't have to do another collection but we'll just have to wait and see. How long after collection do they normally do transfer, ie on what day????

Yay JoeSpratt that's awesome, any news today?

Well I had some good news today finally! AF arrived on Mother's Day (ironically), went in for bloods yesterday, expecting them to call and put me on the pill for a month while I await a spot at the lab for testing, only to be told they've squeezed me in and my levels are all good this month after last month's funky weird cycle so I start injections today eeek! I was so unprepared so it was a nice surprise, my FSH is down to 7 - I know they go off your highest so it's not really an indication but given it was 19 last collection I'm happy with that. Here's hoping I get a good response to the Menopur, I'd be stoked to get more than 3 as that would mean I wouldn't have to do another collection but we'll just have to wait and see. How long after collection do they normally do transfer, ie on what day????

great news, alison! they biopsied my embryo's on day 3 or 4 (cant quite remember now...), then let them grow to blast stage. so transfer was 5 days after egg collection, making it 5dpo. if that makes sense?! mine werent being testing for any specific genetic abnormality, just the standard chromosome testing. ill be crossing my fingers for you too. xx

That's wonderful news Alison! Sounds like it was meant to be. Wishing you every success xx

For the PGD, they are doing biopsy on day 3 with results known day 4 & transfer on day 5. Ours is a known genetic defect. We managed to get 5 fertilised so really hoping they all make it to day 3 for testing. With a 50/50 chance of being affected our numbers aren't that great but similar to last time. Cautiously optimistic but trying not to get my hopes up too much. At least I know I can get pregnant, just need the right embie!

Hi Andie - I'm just having the standard chromosome testing also so fx I get a couple of decent ones!

Hi JoeSpratt - any news on how your embies are doing? xx

Hi Andie - I'm just having the standard chromosome testing also so fx I get a couple of decent ones!

Hi JoeSpratt - any news on how your embies are doing? xx

AFM - so after 2 weeks of a cough now I have a seriously killer sore throat and feel all yukky, I have a week to kick it in the butt or is it possible they'll not take me to collection???? I feel awful, seriously hows my timing boo hoo
    Last edited by Alison1973; May 16th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.

We got 4 of the 5 embies to testing today. The fifth one had degraded cells which wouldn't have been much use anyway. Now just waiting for the results & hoping that we get at least 1 normal embie for a day 5 transfer on Saturday. Trying to keep the stress/anxiety levels to a minimum but kinda hard at the same time

great result getting 4 to testing, joe. i hope you got some good news today & can go ahead with a transfer tomorrow.

alison - hope you're feeling a bit better. xx

Well what a topsy turvy day! Good news was that we got our results back....we got 2 of the 4 as normal which was great. The bad news is that only one of them looked viable today (now on board!). The other isn't looking so good & they don't think that it will survive a freeze/thaw. They are going to grow it for another day to see how it goes before making a decision.

Put on the spot by the FS "why don't you just put both back & see what happens". He isn't my normal FS & has no idea of my history. I have had no problem getting pregnant just don't want a baby to inherit a terminal genetic disorder. Not once has my normal FS ever contemplated putting more than one embie back. Did not appreciate being put on the spot literally with my legs in the air!

So if the second one doesn't make it, the one on board is my last hope as after paying the bill, no way in hell I am going to get DP to do another entire cycle.

So literally all eggs in the one basket...let's hope they don't fall out!

good news, joe! im not sure i would put 2 back in either, bit risky unless you are comfortable with twins. i really hope you get lucky this cycle. xx (and im sure you still probably remember, minnie had just one viable from her recent cycle... ).

Hey Joespratt fx for you, you only need one after all!!

Afm - battling a head cold and cough gah I need it gone asap the is terrible timing. Bloods yesterday showed I am responding perfectly to the menopur so they are really happy. Day 6 today and ovaries are really hurting is this normal? I'm stressing g the coughing will burst them is that possible? Lol

How's it all going Alison? Funnily enough I got a real bad sore throat at the start of this cycle too but miraculously disappeared before epu.

Hi everyone! It's been a while!

JoeSpratt - That's great news!! Everything crossed that this little one on board is 'the one' for you. How are you feeling? When do you test? Best of luck!

Alison - I can't remember where the pains were specifically, but I know I was incredibly uncomfortable for much of my cycles. How are you feeling now? Any news from scans/BTs? So glad your body (minus the cough/sore throat shenanigans) is cooperating. Best of luck to you!

Hi to minniemouse, Andie, and to all of you other lovely ladies!

AFM - I'm doing well, 18 weeks this Friday, I can't even believe it still! Lots of wriggling around going on in there but I am still so nervous (anyone else like that in pg?). Big scan is next Saturday, eeeeek!

Wow Elle that has certainly gone fast! Feeling the movements are one of my best memories when I was pregnant the first time around. Good luck with your scan next week.

Just trying to get past the weekend with my bt on Tues. hard to tell what is going on as on crinone and had my last jab of hcg this morning so there is no way I will be able to poas before then

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast