Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD # 11

Default IVF with PGD # 11

Welcome to IVF with PGD forum. This forum is for those that are undergoing IVF with Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis..

This forum provide a space to discuss the issues associated with undergoing IVF with PGD. Please keep the discussion relevant to the forum topic. If discussion becomes more general in nature you will be directed to the LT or LTTTC/AC general discussion threads.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Rouge Admin
    Lenny Moderator
    MadB Senior Moderator
    nothing2lose Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

The last thread is here - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ml#post3356606

T Hopes that is great news! Makes it a little easier when you know your body is trying to do the right thing. Hope everything continues well

Munchkin...good luck tomorrow...hoping for some more great news

Elarwood hoping you are doing ok xxx

T-hopes - fantastic news on those betas :-) thanks for answering my questions about embryo quality, I guess you never know which ones are going to work.

Good luck tomo munchkin! 4pm is harsh!

Joe - how are you handling the wait? It really sucks!

Minnie - not long at all now!!

Thanks for thinking of me girls, I've had a rough week. The recovery has been slow, but its the emotional side thats harder. Saw FS this arvo, he said my tube was about to rupture, to we were very lucky to get to it before that happened. I asked him about the atypical endo, and he basically thinks its superficial endometriosis, it's only in my pouch of Douglas, but was red raw from the pregnancy. It hasnt been confirmed, But doesnt surprise me. he gave us 3 options: see a different surgeon to get it removed (he doesn't like to deal with this type of endo), go on zoladex for 3-6 months to suppress it, or go ahead with fet using the steroids, feldene, aspirin & clexane in the hope that it is enough to suppress it. He will also do a hysterscopy, biopsy & lipidol flush a week before cycle starting & intralipids all of which is supposed to help implantation & immune issues. DH & I have no clue which way to go. Do any of your have experience with endo? What would you do? If we do the medication for 3 months that will bring us up to the dec/jan period were they close for most of Jan so it probably wouldn't be until late jan/feb. I hate the waiting!

Hope you don't mind me answering Elarwood, but I did a protocol with Clexane, steroids, Intralipids, biopsy, aspirin, antibiotics, etc, etc for my ninth cycle. It made no difference at all

Elarwood: I don't know much about any of those things, I only used clexane until 12 weeks, wasn't even on progesterone (had crinone in the 2ww but stopped when the pregnancy test was positive)

Elarwood can't offer much advice sorry as don't have endo. With DD I was on clexane the entire pregnancy though due to clotting disorder & high risk of dvt. Hope it all works out for you. I know the emotional side is hard. Tomorrow marks the day I did a FET that ended in m/c at 9 wks. Doesn't help it is also my bday tomorrow & knowing that I could have had another by now is really weighing heavily on me at the moment hope you have some fantastic support to help you through xxx

So I made a mistake, lucky I rang to confirm apt it was actually 3pm.
    Anyways, we saw our little emby measuring well with a strong heart beat! Feeling so very blessed! Praying it all continues well. Thanks for all your kind wishes, trust me I know how hard it is to hear about other people's good news!

Elarwood- have been thinking of you... I had at least moderate endo but the main reason I had a lap prior to ivf was the fact that I had an endometrioma (ovarian cyst) which would have enlarged with meds and increased the risk of infection at time of egg retrieval. Pregnancy itself actually helps the endo so I'm not too sure why yours flared up? Anyway.. I was then on the synarel to suppress further growth before stims. My case is a bit different to yours but I can't see why you should need to get it removed prior to your next cycle? It doesn't sound like you have enough to be causing a problem? I could be wrong. Take care xx

Munchkin!!! Yayaya!!! Wonderful news, sooooo thrilled for you!

Be back soon xxx

Munchkin...that is such wonderful news! Congratulations!!! Heres to a happy & healthy 9 montus ahead

Munchkin: that's great news, grow strong little one

Thankyou!! And thanks for all your support. I will definitely keep popping in to see how you are all going and looking forward to hearing about everyone's good news xxx

Elarwood- some big decisions for you to make but I think if your nit sure, you just have to be guided by your FS! I have endo too, mine was moderate in my bowel area. I Ave never been on meds for it as its always just been cut out by my FS. Sorry I don't have any firm advice for you! What are you feeling is the right desicion now you've had some time to think?

Wonderful news munchkin! Hope you enjoy your pregnancy.

Thanks for the info on endo girls. My first FS actually picked up that I had endo & removed it in Jan this year but the biospy came back clear. But now that it's come up again I think we need to do something about it. Our first thinking was to go ahead with fet in oct with the intralipids etc & if it fails then do the zoladex for 3 months over Xmas/jan closure period. My FS recommends the 3-6 mths on zoladex but I've researched a lot on endo the past few days & I'm leaning towards the lap with another surgeon. I'm going to ring the two surgeons he recommended to see when I get in etc & try & get it done ASAP & then we should be able to do a fet around nov. I don't want to waste our tested embryos by taking the risk, so hopefully I can get it done soon & not have to wait until the new year for fet.

T-hopes & munchkin - Did your FS make you wait to start a cycle after a lap for endo? With my lap in jan I went straight into a stimulated cycle after AF.

Nothing2lose - was your cycle with all those meds with a tested embryo? If so, was there any reason why it didn't help you, and have you had success yet?

Thanks Elarwood. I had to wait for 6 weeks post lap and be on zoladex/synarel during this time. My FS said I had to wait that long to give my ovary time to heal before stimming it. He gave me the option of being on zoladex for a few months instead of lap but there were no guarantees the cyst would shrink and I wanted to get on with things. I'm glad I ended up having lap as they were able to clean up the other endo I had.

Elarwood - yes i was told to wait for my first period after procedure and then we were able to start trying but I had this done a few mths before we started ivf... I just wanted to get everything cleaned up and 'serviced' before we started the journey if that makes sense. I had lap/d&c/hysteroscopy and tubal flush xxxxx

Well I booked the lap with a gynaecologist my FS recommended for 27 sept, could have done it next week but I mentioned I had a lap a few weeks ago & they said to wait 4 weeks. Then hopefully FET late october. FS is doing a hysterscopy, scratch biospy & lipidol flush & also intralipids plus all the other meds so I'm hoping we have everything covered & it will come down to the quality of our tested embryos. We are transferring 2, hopefully lucky transfer # 7. I start the pill tomorrow & will be on it until we start fet.

Enjoy your pregnancies girls, I'm happy for you. Hopefully I will join you soon.

Elarwood- wishing you all the best for your procedure on the 27th, hopefully this is the missing pie e to the puzzle and your next transfer brings you a healthy strong bfp xxx all here for you honey xx how are you coping at the moment?

Hello to everyone else!!

I just wanted to let you know we had our 6wk scan today and we saw a healthy heartbeat! Feeling unbelievably blessed! Thank you everyone for your constant support and advice!ill be stalking xxxx

That's fantastic news T Hopes! Must admit that is my most favourite scan & hearing the hb for the first time is just magical!

Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months ahead

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast