Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD # 11

Wonderful news T hopes! Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

All the best with your lap elarwood!

Hi ladies,

Just a quick introduction

I hope I'm in the right place as its my first cycle but I couldn't find any other pgd forum......

DP and I have been TTC for 22mths now. We've been pg 3 times but unfortunately lost all bubs at 7 weeks. We have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility but I do have PCO, Insulin Resistance and high NK cells. DP has super swimmers .

We are starting our first IVF cycle in 2 weeks. Currently on the pill delaying af to match up with booked dates for egg retrieval. We will be doing an antagonist cycle and will also be doing Clexane injections and taking steroid tablets. If all goes well embryos will be getting AES testing done on day 3. FS wants us to to do the testing as all my mcs have been unexplained and most likely chromosome issues (although both DP and I are fine and it could possibly be my high NK cells??).

I'll probably be quiet in the next couple of weeks but can't wait to join in with you all xx

Welcome Penny! Wishing you well on your journey, hoping you get some positive results quickly

AFM still just waiting to start my cycle (another month to go!). Enjoying my acupuncture sessions, hoping the relaxation will give me a helping hand...certainly can't hurt!

Elarwood best of luck for your lap on Friday...hope you get some answers

Welcome Penny, all the best for your upcoming cycle. Are you on metformin for pcos? And is your FS going to use something to lower your high nk cells for transfer or. Steroids, clexane, aspirin, intralipids?

Joe, the waiting is hard! Ill be doing my fet around the same time as your cycle. I'm glad the acupuncture is helping to keep you relaxed and sane.

Thanks JoeSpratt and Elarwood!

Elarwood, I'll be on steroid tablets starting from day 2 and then Clexane injections after transfer aswell! Eeeek I'm going to be a walking chemist

How do you ladies keep your mind busy while waiting? Waiting for retrieval, waiting for trf, waiting for preg test ahh so much waiting in this process.

Penny welcome ! I have had 5 miscarriages, 3 have started to fail around that 7 week mark. Good luck when your cycle starts, you are right there is a lot of waiting around, just have to deal with it day by day

Elarawood: how are you feeling ? to you also

Joe: good to hear acupuncture is helping you pass the time, hopefully your cycle is here before you know it !

Munchkin: how are you going ?

Hi to everyone else

Afm: well I'm nearly at the finish line, ended up in hospital on the weekend with premature labour, stayed a few days and home now, not feeling great and want bub out ASAP. Going for a scan today to check wellbeing and size. At most I have got 2 weeks to go as I'm being induced at 38 weeks

Thanks ladies. Had my lap today & good news is that he got all the endometriosis. Haven't spoken to him about how bad it was etc but I'm pretty sore. He booked me to stay overnight, I was surprised as I haven't with the other 2 laps & I asked if I could go home. I was allowed until recently as I haven't been able to void. Bummer!

Minnie - how exciting only a few weeks to go & you'll have your little miracle in your arms. I'm doing ok (on antidep meds now as I needed something to get me through the emotional pain after my ectopic).

Penny the waiting is so hard! It's the worst part of the whole process! You're always waiting for something. I try to keep busy & do some fun things. Have you had the clexane before? They are the worst, but you'd do anything for a bub! What dose of steroids will you be on? I'm doing intralipids next cycle as a precaution (haven't actually tested for nk cells) but my FS is throwing everything at me this FET (transfer 7 for us) so I'm hoping something will work!

The plan is to have a hysterscopy around 9th October (for lipoidol flush, scratching etc) & the following week start FET. So much earlier than I thought. Because I'm on the pill we can pretty much do it whenever as I've had my 6 week break after the ectopic.

Munchkin & t-hopes I hope you're keeping well. We hope to join you all soon! Next cycle is our cycle girls!

elarwood - meant to reply earlier but don't find much spare time for bb atm, I was on pred, clexane & aspirin for recent pregnancy. you've probably found the info you were looking for already but happy to chat if you like. best of luck & im glad your lap went well. xx

belated congrats to thopes & munchkin, enjoy!

minnie - hope your scan went well, not long now.. xx

still stalking you joe, and the other ladies in here... still hoping that its not much longer. xx

Hi all!
    elarwood I'm glad your lap went well, I too think next cycle you will be joining us :-)
    Minnie, all the best with your delivery.. Very exciting!!
    I hope everyone else is doing well...
    I have been feeling pretty crappy and tired but I'm definitely not complaining. We have our 12 week scan next week so looking forward to seeing bubs although I have been sneaking a peak at work every now and again (i'm a sonographer but I don't do obstetrics).

Good luck with your upcoming cycles xxxxx

Glad to hear everything is going well Munchkin. A least now the yuckiness and tiredness should start to ease in the 2nd trimester. Good luck for your scan

Hi ladies,

Minnimouse, a big congrats on your pregnancy. You definitely give me hope that recurrent miscarriages might not be the better of me aswell!

Elarwood, that's awesome about getting rid of all your endo! Wow your fet will be here in no time! I will be on 10mg of the prednisolane (steroid) from day 2 and then 20mg after transfer. I haven't had the Clexane before eeeek I guess I'll be used to some prodding and discomfort by then hehe.

JoeSpratt I hope you're doing well sweets!

AFM, no more pill! Yaaaaaay! I'm expecting af to come tomorrow or Monday, FC, and then have my first bt Tuesday and then start the gonal-f and the prednisolane! Ive had two boughts of the flu in what seems like only a month! Driving me insane.....I just want to breaaatthheee!

Ladies, if you don't mind, can you tell me how many embryos you were left with after pgd? And if your clinic does the testing on day 3 or day 5?

Penny...yeah for all systems go! Here's hoping this is your time!

For my first cycle (about 6 years ago now) we got 9 eggs with 6 making it to testing with 2 testing normal. My cycle earlier this year also gave us 9 eggs with 5 making it to testing with only 1 testing normal. My pgd odds are 50/50 ie its either normal or not.

Hoping for a better showing this next cycle. Only a few more weeks to wait!!!

penny popper - I did 1 round of pgd, got around 11-12 collected, 7 suitable for biopsy, 2 came back normal. i was very happy with this result as sometimes you can have all come back abnormal. after 10 previous failed transfers, i finally had success with my first pgd transfer. my clinic biopsied on day 2. good luck. : )

Testing was on day 3 for day 5 transfer

actually maybe it was day 3 like joe... must've been. ; )

Unhappy

Congratulations Munchkin for almost reaching the 12 week milestone! I agree the sickness should subside soon & you'll start to have more energy.

Thanks Andie for answering my question. My FS is throwing everything at me for this cycle, so fingers crossed. I'm relieved to hear your bub was a day 3 tested embryo.

Joe, I'm wishing you much better success this time. Having a chemical must have been so difficult! I still don't cope well with having an ectopic with a tested embryo.

Penny, my testing was day 3 also. This was my 5th stim cycle but first pgd. I actually got 34 eggs retrieved (big shock, I usually get 10-14), 15 tested & 6 normal. So 40% were normal for us which is pretty much spot on for my age (30). All the best for day 2 starting this week :-)

I hope to have a chat with the endo surgeon this week to find out more about what he found as his fill in said something about structural things & couldn't explain. Hysterscopy on Wednesday & then we are good to start once I come off the pill on Friday. I'll be on the steroids as well & trying intralipids.

Minnie - how long now?

Thanks so much for the info ladies.

My period still hasn't arrived and I'm 3 days from stopping the pill.....argh! But I called my clinic nurse and she said not to worry and to still come in tomorrow for my bt and meds. If hormones low she said I can start tomorrow but I'm worried about the hormones because my boobs are sore from the pill. Could this mean my estrogen levels are high???

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast