Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD # 11

Default Re: IVF with PGD # 11

How frustrating, jbear... IVF with PGD # 11. I know some pregnancies start out low but it would be a lot more reassuring if it were higher. How are you feeling? Xx

I was really hoping for much higher numbers but there is a tiny bit of hope in me. Still feel pretty emotional about the whole thing. Will just have to wait.

Unfortunately I think you're right, just have to wait. Some more IVF with PGD # 11

Yup will let u know what's what on Tuesday Andie. xx

j bear I'm sorry your numbers weren't higher.. I definitely know the feeling. There is always hope, keeping you in my thoughts. Let us know how you go Tuesday xx

Thinking of you today, jbear. Xx

Thanks ladies, my beta went right back down. So that's us done for the year! I was half expecting this but still hopeful, so feeling very down. We have one left so will try again in the new year. Xx

I'm sorry, I know the exact feeling and it's just horrible. You can't help but hold on to some hope, even when logic tells you otherwise. Take care. Xx

Exactly right Andie. This past year has been exhausting so will take the next couple of months to relax as much as possible. Hope you're well & thanks again for keeping me sane here xx

i'm so sorry J bear.. I was hoping for better news. In a way it's good that your numbers came back down straight away instead of giving you false hope. When I had my chemical in the cycle prior to this pregnancy I knew the numbers were bad so I just wanted the HCG to come straight back down so we could start again fresh. There is also always the fear of ectopic if they don't come down. I know it's not much consolation. Hoping you can enjoy the rest of the year and look forward to a successful 2016 xx

Thanks munchkin, no you're right. I just wanted it to be done so I could move on.

Hopefully next year we have more luck. Take care xx

Hi everyone,

I was last in this forum about 18mths ago when we were trying for no 1 who just turned 1.

Knowing that it was so hard the first time around we decided to try again sooner rather than later and I had EPU on Wednesday. We got 16 to fertilize which is more than twice what we have ever had before, but the last time out of 9 we only got one good one. I am doing a frozen cycle with biopsy at day 5. Last time I did a fresh cycle, so I'm a bit nervous about it, but was told that is how they do it now. Is that what everyone else is doing?

In the mean time I'm trying to not get too far ahead of myself or obsess about it all too much!!!

Hi Shelly Belly!

Welcome back...
    Your story sounds pretty similar to ours.. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant with our DD first round of IVF (also fresh cycle) She was born April 2014. We starting trying again in January 2015 with the frozen 2 that we had left but were unsuccessful. We then did another round of IVF (stims) and were also told that they now do frozen cycles for PGD. We finally conceived on the 4th transfer. They told us that frozen and fresh cycles really don't differ much with success rates but it did make me wonder. Anyway, all the best with your upcoming transfer, I'm guessing you will be transferring in the new year?

Thanks Munchkin. May I ask, was that 4 PGD screened embryos you had transfered? Yes, looking to do a transfer mid jan as I will be away start and end of jan. To get in sync for that I have to take primolut, haven't really understood how that works yet, will call the nurses tomorrow. So many cycles and still learning! Forgot how tiring this whole thing is, having been back at work this week I'm exhausted! I think in the end it was good that we did a frozen cycle because they gave me a different trigger that minimizes hyper stimulation, made for a much quicker recovery.

They have biopsied 13, thankfully the cost maxes out after the first 10. The bit that is killing me is the wait, we may not even get the results until after Christmas. I'm hoping to get at least one, maybe two, fingers crossed.

Hi Shelly belly,

I also have been trying for baby #2 over the last year. DS1 was conceived after 3 fresh transfers & we never had any frozen. So we did our first cycle & unfortunately ended up with nothing to freeze. Our next we had a bit more luck & had 3 tested & balanced. 2 frozen that we unable to be biopsied. Sorry it's late & been a long year with lots of numbers so I can't break it down in more detail.

So of those 3 we've had 2 transferred (separately) & both were unsuccessful. Next year we will try again IVF with PGD # 11 hopefully our lucky last is all that is needed.

Best of luck, the wait is so long and it is all a bit daunting. I was nervous having never done a FET but in some aspects I found it easier on my body.

Shelly Belly all of our embryo's have been screened (pgd) but for Thalassaemia only, which is a blood disorder that my husband and I both carry. Unfortunately they were unable to screen for other genetic abnormalities at the same time which means our chances weren't as good as you guys who test for chromosomal abnormalities.
    I hope you get your results soon! So much waiting with IVF it can be very frustrating!

Its so nice to chat to you ladies! I remember when I first found this forum, it was such a relief. Having tried for years it really started to take its toll and no one around me "got it". I tried to open up to a dear friend who said "I know how you feel, we tried for 4 months before we fell pregnant" it was all I could do to stop myself from yelling at her that she actually didn't know how I felt at all. So it's really lovely to find people who really do get it.

It's a shame they can't test for both Munchkin. You must be over the moon to be pregnant again, well, so long as pregnancy is treating you well which I hope it is.

Good luck to you J Bear. It's a cliche, but you really do only need one good one, that was all we got from the last round and its now running around leaving a wake of very cute chaos.

I'd love to know what the success rate of PGD transfers is. I think when I went researching last time it seemed to be about 50-60%.

Yep Shelly totally agree! It's a very different conversation with people who are not in our shoes. People say things like oh it just wasn't meant to be! Ugggh IVF with PGD # 11

I'm not sure about the success rate, would be interested to know.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas break!

Best of luck in the new year & keep us posted Shelly. I'll be seeing my fs 19 Jan so will know where to from there!

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast