Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD # 11

Ladies just wanted to update.....bloods came back low and I just did my first gonal-f injection I'm actually really proud of myself...didn't hesitate and did it all by myself!

Hope everyone is well x

Yay for starting Penny & for being so brave! The gonal f are the good injections but you are still brave to do it on your own. After 5 cycles I still get DH to do mine. Did AF/withdrawal bleed show at all? I stop the pill on Friday & wait for bleed.

Had hysterscopy/endo biopsy & lipidol flush this morning. All went well & nice to not be in pain after a procedure :-)

Elarwood yes! Af decided to show her lovely face yesterday, which I'm happy about as I was starting to wonder why my body was being so strange! At least now my uterus will be nice and fresh for my, fc, trf! So it took 5 days from last pill for her to show, hopefully it doesn't take you that long, I've read it's usually 2 to 3 days.

So happy to hear everything went well with your procedure! How pleasantly nice is it when you don't have much pain afterwards.

So day 3 of gonal-f for me. I can't tell whether the soreness in my uterus area is from af or my ovaries producing lots and lots of follicles, let's hope it's the later! I have another blood test on sat morning and then will most likely start the Orgalutran which I've heard so much bad stuff about ahh so a little nervous about that needle.

Ladies had my estrogen levels checked today and they were only 377, which the nurse said was low for stim day 5 so they've upped me to 125iu of gonal f and not starting the Orgalutran just yet.

How's everyone else going?

Let the fun & games begin! Day 1 of synarel. Still on the pill until Tues & FSH doesn't start for another 2 weeks but its a start at least.

Good luck Penny! Sounds like they are being quite cautious. Sorry on the phone so can't check back & memory like a sieve, have you hyper-stim'd before or is this your first cycle?

JoeSpratt yay for starting!! Exciting (and nerve wrecking) times ahead!

My FS put me on a low dose because of my polycystic ovaries so she must of thought higher doses could lead to ohss. And yep this is my first ivf cycle!

Yes better to be cautious then & everyone reacts differently. Last cycle I was on 250 gonal f & this one was going to be 300 but I seem to have reacted well to taking dhea so they are bringing it back down to 275. I have pcos as well but don't seem to stimulate very well...have only managed 9 eggies each cycle. I know some people would love that many but when you add my age & pgd into the mix I would love a heap more!

Yay for starting synarel Joe, it's a start! I hope you get lots of eggs for higher chances! Are you testing on day 3?

Penny my first cycle I started on 75iu (pco as well) & stimmed for quite a while I thought we've never get there but my cycle gave me DD (our one & only blastocyst). I also hyper stimmed on that cycle - 10 eggs but loads of follicles.

My last 4 cycles I've been on 250-350 as I didn't stim as well as I did in 2010. Honestly, the orgulutran needle doesn't hurt & there isn't much to it. You will be okay :-) its the clexane that's nasty but you get used to it.

Stopped pill on Friday & waiting. I've actually been light bleeding since Hysterscopy on Wed so I guess I'll wait for it to get heavier.

I've officially started my FET. Mixed emotions after so many failures but new hope with the new meds ill be on. Intrapilids infusion tomorrow, will be interesting.

Penny how are your follicles going? Have you had another scan? As I said before I stimmed for ages in my first cycle & didn't think I'd ever get there.

Joe - hope you're coping with the nasty synarel. Countdown is on. It's our turn girls!

Glad to see you are being so positive Elarwood after all you've been through. Good luck with this cycle...it is our time to shine

Penny how are you doing? Any word on how you are responding? Grow lil follies, grow!

AFM just waiting for AF to arrive. should be any day now with injections to start next week. Feeling a bit anxious but very happy to be back in the game

Hi ladies!!

Elarwood yay! So excited for you! How did you go today with the itralipids? How often do you have to do those?

JoeSpratt how bloody annoying is it waiting for af!! I hope she shines her lovely face for you ASAP!

AFM, so first scan this morning! If I can remember correctly I have 5 or 6 follis in the right and 8 or 9 in the left. I believe they are all measuring from 8 to 10mm. I kind of had a heart attack thinking they were really small but the nurse said it was fine for where I'm at (will be stim day 9 tonight). So I think they say follis grow 2mm every day so with 5 more days to go till epu that's 10mm to go which sounds good, right? Oh this is all so nerve wrecking hey! Another scan on Friday and bt Friday xx

Still waiting!!! Better be here by morning so I can get my bloods done tomorrow & pick up all the meds for next week

Ladies just a quick update from me - looks like cycle may be cancelled. Estrogen levels have dropped and follis not growing. They have upped my gonal f to 150 for the next 2 nights then another scan and bt Monday. Had a complete breakdown yesterday, you know, when is this **** world going to give me a break, but have just accepted defeat today so if things improve great but if they don't I'm prepared.

JoeSpratt I'm praying af shows her face for you today!!

Penny I know it might not seem like it righy now but best to get the cycle right to go in with a good batch of eggs. Doesn't help that your body is pumped full of hormones so you are even more emotionally charged. Our bodies are weird & wonderful things. See how you go for Monday xxx

AF has finally showed!

Joe - congrats on AF arriving & starting stims next week. How many eggs do you normally get?

Penny - I'm sorry to hear how your cycle is progressing. The process is such unfair one full of ups & downs. A cancelled cycle is very disappointing, I've been there & it sucks. As Joe said though, there isn't much point going ahead & paying for a cycle & PGD without a good number of eggs. I really hope the increased dosage kick starts the ovaries into gear.

Day 5 of FET I much prefer fet's! Start clexane on Monday & scan next sat on day 12 to check lining. The intralipids went well, the infusion took 5 hrs - hopefully it does what it's meant to.

I need some advice those please. I'm not sure of your clinics grade your embryos, but we have 5 PGD tested embryos in freezer & it's up to us as to what we put back. We are transferring 2, well aware of the risks of twins but given its our 7th cycle we are going for it. We have 2x 6BB's, 1 6CC & 2 morulas. Which ones would you put back? My first thought is the 2 best ones, but we are scared of them both implanting. But I'll be kicking myself if this cycle fails cos we put back the lesser quality. I know the grading doesn't indicate pregnancy outcomes & it is really like winning the lottery as to what embryo will work but we have to give it our best shot right? What would you do? FS says its up to us, & suggested growing out the 2 morulas but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Elarwood if it me I would transfer the 2 best ones & grow out the morulas to see how they fair. You said that you weren't worried by the possibility of twins!!! Tough decision...good luck!!!

For both of my stim cycles I got 9 eggs. From the first, 6 were good enough for testing & I only got 2 that came back normal. First one from a fresh transfer resulted in my DD & the other was a FET which resulted in a m/c @ 9 weeks. From my 2nd stim only 5 made it to testing but only 1 came back normal which was a chem preg from a fresh transfer. Have no idea what the grades were of the first two but I think the third transfer was a 2A. Hoping for much better stats this cycle!

Thanks Joe for your advice. I'm thinking to just go with 2 best - we've thrown everything at this cycle so may as well go for it! Do you know if they can refreeze the morulas? I'm worried about using them first as they were slow growing.

Are you on the same dosage this cycle? I recall you saying you were on DHEA for past few months. Hoping it all helps! Did they give you a reason why your FET embryo ended in miscarriage & then chemical with last one? Is it a quality issue or perhaps an immune issue? That's the hard thing with IVF - the dr's are really just taking educated guesses! Our last embryo (our ectopic) was 6bb as well it did implant just in wrong place. I've had plenty of high quality embryos not make it but we now think its been the endo & immune issues rather than embryo quality.

Not sure about refreezing the morulas. Were they day5 when frozen?

My last stim I did get a morula as well but it was slow growing so they grew it for another day (day6) but then they could tell that it had damage & they knew it wouldn't be viable. My m/c from the fet was because of a blighted ovum (empty egg sac) & the chem preg they have put down to egg quality. So yes hoping that being on the dhea for almost 5 months now will have had a good effect

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast