Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term AC chat thread #3

Default Long Term AC chat thread #3

Welcome to Long Term Assisted Conception forum. This forum is for those that have been undergoing Assisted Conception for 12 months or more.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

ONYX Admin
    Divvy Senior Moderator
    Lenny Moderator
    MadB Moderator
    nothing2lose Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

The last thread is HERE

Woo hoo!!

A thread for the amazingly gorgeous and wonderfully strong women who have endured way too many IVF/ICSI/IUI procedures in their quest to hold their little ones in their arms.

None of us really want to be here but if we are then at least we have the support of others who know EXACTLY what we are going through.

May this sticky be the place where we all get to announce our long awaited sticky BFPs

Look forward to chatting with some more long timers very soon!

Darling- I was just about to post and say 'I think I"m the only >12mths IVFer', but here you are, a friend for me!!
    YAY, hope we aren't here for very long, its good theres not many of us in here anyway.

I was sitting at the lights on the way home from work and out of the U/S place nearby stroll a couple holding photos of their baby looking so happy, I nearly lost it, I've never had that feeling, only bad news at U/S- soooo depressing

Wonder who else is a long termer??

I'm not a long termer, but I've been under the care of a FS more than 12 months now and almost every cycle has been monitored / a treatment. Wishing you both the best, I can only sit and imagine just how hard it would be to be LTTTC with IVF, you are both amazingly strong women.

Ooooohh me, me - pick me - can I join too?!!!!! Hah, I had an acupuncture appt today and I apologised for all the pinholes in my tum and my lady commented how sick of them I must be. Sadly, I actually am used to them now and they really don't faze me in the slightest. Bloods were good on Wednesday (yay me - second time in 4 cycles they have looked ok) so more bloods and a scan tomorrow. I don't remember ever feeling this bloated so early on - it doesn't usually hit for me until after epu but I don't have so many ovary twinges. Hmmmmm. Would gonal produce this much of a different reaction to puregon? I have lost bucketloads of weight in the last 5 weeks (stress diet +++++) so maybe that, I dunno.

Saffy - I hate those feelings of desolation when you see a couple looking so happy with a baby. It has really eaten me up in the last three months or so and to think it may really never happen for us has finally made me crack and revert to counselling. I'm not entirely convinced it is doing anything but I am perservering.

N2L - hell yes to us all finally getting our bfp's

Maruschke -

You two are both doing FET this cycle, aren't you? Transfer times? I am guessing/hoping we will be up for EPU on Tuesday.

i was LTTCer it took 3 years for my BFP.... i juast wanted to say to you all. it can happen. don't give up. keep moving forward, sticky vibes to all. best of luck for your BFP'soon. x o x xo

Arghhh.....I was going to wait until i was on my pc to post in here again but right now I need a mini vent

Sitting by myself at the pancake parlour about to tuck into a food I said I wouldn't eat. I am cd16 today of my natural FET. I had a scan and bt on Monday - no follies and hormones baseline. Another bt on Wednesday - still baseline. Scan this morning (different FS as mine is away). He had real trouble even finding my ovaries but then couldn't see any follies
    Had another bt and I will get the results this arvo.
    Right now I just feel like crying. Why is my body so fooking fooked???

Eta: clinic called. LH is only 5.2 (up from 2.something on Wednesday but still Considered baseline.)
    It needs to be 25 or over to indicate a surge. I have to have another bt on Sunday, another scan on Monday and so on and so fricken on...
    Last edited by nothing2lose; November 4th, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

So sorry N2L what a huge pain in the posterior.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

*hugs* fooking stoopid bodies we have

oh dear, N2L, thats really [email protected] news, your ovaries need a stern talking to.
    Look, if it all turns to s**t can you do a medicated cycle??
    Have a pancake for me....

N2L - giant hugs to you lovey. This game is sucky enough without having blinking uncooperative bodies. Do you usually o late or all over the place? Ugh, don't you just wish for once that things would go smoothly and to plan? Really hoping that things start moving soon for you chick.
    Yay, tomorrow evening I get admitted for my bags of goodies then epu first thing Monday morning. Our nurse was so sweet yesterday, saying she had a good feeling about us this time. If only that would increase the odds as the next sentence was how I am not their normal run-of-the-mill patient. Hmmm how I would love to be normal, or as normal as an ivf patient can be

Good news Melissa!! I really hope this one is the one for you!!!

I did a seratec opk this afternoon and the second line came up pretty dark (not as dark or darker than control though). Oh well, I guess the BT tomorrow will reveal more. The FS said there may be a follie that he couldn't see (due to my uncooperative ovaries --- they hide behind my uterus) so who knows. I also had good cervical mucus which was visible on the US. We shall see...

Oh, Saffy, yes I can change to medicated cycle (using prog pessaries and progenova, or something). Which reminds me, is an HRT cycle the same as a medicated cycle??

I stupidly looked at a website called IVF predictor which predicts your success rate for each cycle (based on over 400,000 or so other people's outcomes). I typed in all my info and it came back as 6.4%

I just have to keep telling myself that conception is a miracle which defies statistics and odds.

Long term IVF is fricken hard. I just wish I had five more years...
    Last edited by nothing2lose; November 5th, 2011 at 05:08 PM.

N2L - hopefully you are on your way then - woohoo!!!! I am pretty sure that an HRT is the same as a medicated cycle - I think when I did one, it involved bucketloads of nice Progynova tablets. I am going to have to adpot your thoughts on conception being a miracle, I think and yes, totally agree. Long term ivf SUCKS. I have the time on my side but have a huge, and growing, teetering tower of odds against us threatening to topple at any stage. While I was quite excited earlier at the thought of going in tomorrow, it has really hit me in the last hour that this is it. DH is making big noises about this being our last cycle, I am triggered and ready to go and . . . this is it . . . if this doesn't work, we are done and the dream is over . . . I can't bear to even contemplate that thought and it is damn scary. Sigh, no pressure or anything.

I'm on a medicated FET cycle but its not HRT, I take letrazole ( another version of clomid) on CD 3-7, so it follows my normal cycle, but just ensures that I O and my hormones are right. Much easier I think than HRT cycle, but I've never done one so only going by guess.

Melissa, my last transfer when I got a BFP the nurse said the exact same thing to me, so you never know, maybe they are in the know about something lol.

N2L- sounds better maybe there was a hidden follie after all! Thats exciting! Please don't ever mention that ivf predictor site again, I do NOT need to see something like that I will become obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK girlies, cheering you on here from the sidelines ( while waiting for my turn, hurry up for fricks sake)

There may be movement at the station

Waiting for today's BT result but just had a positive seratec opk...

ETA - yep! We have a surge! Clinic just rang My transfer will be sometime Wednesday - if my little embie thaws as it's meant to
    Last edited by nothing2lose; November 6th, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Wow!

TMI warning.... Just went to the loo, wiped and a couple of huge globs of blood-flecked, snot-like mucus came out. It was really, really sticky and goopy...

DTD this morning but do you reckon we should have a couple of goes in the next couple of days to increase our chances????

Also, I thought if you were going to get bloody cm it would be after ovulation?????

Eta: just spoke to one of the clinic nurses and she said my bloody goopy cm is normal before ovulation.
    Last edited by nothing2lose; November 6th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

Sneaking in to say YAY N2L!!! Definitely have a go at it!

GOOD LUCK for your EPU today Melissa, hope it goes/went well.

N2L-thats great news, I would DTD every day if I were you ( and if DH has the stamina lol)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast