Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term AC chat thread #3

Woo hoo Melissa!!!! Hoping and praying this is your month! (and mine and Saffy's )

Thinking of you all ladies, wishing you all the very best news in the upcoming weeks. Will be stalking xx

N2L - 20ml of clexane Holy crap, that sounds heaps!!!!! How many times a day do you have to have that? DH always complained how much 300u Puregon felt when he was pushing it in so can't imagine 20ml!!!!!!

Saffy - how are things going on the LH surge front? I was never given the option when I was doing FET, it was always an HRT cycle but I guess it is probably because our clinic is quite small but VERY busy so at least with HRT, they could transfer when it was convenient for them. Hope things are moving for you chick.

Rhi -

So, as I said, both embies were transferred yesterday which is awesome. Our FS was very happy with them and said she is cautiously optimistic which is encouraging. Though I know we have all been here long enough to know that doesn't necessarily mean what we want it to but at least it is hopeful. We had a little chat with her before transfer and we are all in agreement that this is our last shot. If this doesn't work, we are done. And that being the case, we wanted to do everything we possibly could to maximise the chance of this one working so two was the better option. She has even said that I should probably have another 3 units of blood next week just to keep me topped up so really, this time, we have done everything. At least we won't be able to look back in 10 years time and think, what if we had tried this or that. But, so far, feeling pretty good and having 3 lovely , lazy days at home on the couch.

D'oh....20mg, not 20ml.....sorry!

I have everything crossed so tightly for you Melissa

Hehehe I am ignorant and know nothing about Clexane but very glad for you that you don't have to deal with 20ml!!!!!!!

Right back at you chick, hope your lil one is burrowing in nicely too

melissa thinking of you & praying for you Hun xx

hi girls surge yesterday, so hooray transfer next week prob thurs or fri ( i had day 6 blasty so maybe Fri?) feels like years away but i guess I just have ot be patient, I will have 1 1/2 week wait rather than a tww! Maybe I;ll be here by myself if you both get bfps lol.
    Melissa- its so hard being your last go, really really hope it works out, at least you know you did all you could xxxx

Hiya

Woo Hoo for the surge Saffy!! I was forgetting you have blasties so was thinking you would transfer Sunday/Monday...Seems like ages away!! lol I guess your two week wait starts before it actually starts iykwim

How are you going Melissa?? Hope you are relaxing and those embies are developing nicely!

AFM: Feel very blah about this cycle. Cant get excited or optimistic. Didnt help that I woke up this morning with my legs feeling a little fluidy. This is a classic PMS sign for me.... I think it has to do with estrogen surging??? But then, i think it's way too early for PMS. I am only 5dpo (with a 15 day luteal phase). Also, being 3dp2dt my embie would only be a blastie by now (if it has gone on). Implantation wouldnt be for another couple of days.

To make things worse, now I am panicking that my embie grew too fast before transfer. I know I was celebrating it being 10 cell but after doing some reading, i am not sure that's a good thing???

Honestly, it all just feels like a waste of time, emotional energy and money (for me I mean)

Sorry....Whinge over.

stop googling N2L!!!!!!!!!!

Who me???!!!! Googling??? As if!!!! I am innocent!! Innocent I tell you!

(kind of. Ish.)

Dr Google is like that nasty, insidious so-called friend who makes you feel like garbage but you keep going back for more punishment!! You had an awesome looking embie so you've given it the best shot you can. Try not to stress . . . Says she who has baked all day to shut her brain up!! But mmmm brownies, carrot cake and breakfast bars! The embryos wanted them . . . Truly!! Any who, what day do you have your bt? We must be pretty much exactly the same stage cos I had 3 day embryos the day after you, my bt is the 21st

Saff - yay yay yay for the surge!!! Pretty cool that we will all be going mad together in 2ww!! Yay for 5 day transfer too, day's think it will make the wait feel any shorter?

Ok dumb and tmi question time. I have never been sure about the whole caffeine thing during ivf, I've gone from going cold turkey to having the odd coffee and obviously never has made any difference to the outcome. ATM I would kill for a coffee (I'm a 4 - 5 double shots a day kinda gal when not cycling) but I'm terrified that one coffee will be make or break. I did say dumb question time too, btw :P Also I am a little bit crampy and have been so since epu so . . . Ahem . . . have been keeping my distance from DH. Is a quickie really gonna be an issue, I know we should carry on relatively normally but again, it's that whole worry about what if we didn't do this or that if the cycle doesn't work. And if I'm crampy, don't wanna upset things any more iykwim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya

How is everyone?

Melissa - my blood test is on the 23rd. My period is due the day before so I might not make it I hear you on the coffee and sex thing! I don't give up coffee in the 2ww but I do give up sex (not sure what that says about me )! With regards to the coffee, my FS says one a day is fine (that's all I have normally anyway). I don't know, maybe I should give it up too....???? Sigh...

Re the sex... I love sex. I miss it during the tww but I can't help think it could be a bad thing -especially before implantation has a chance to happen. You know what though? Not having sex hasn't helped me so far so maybe I should be shagging like a rabbit

Hi Saffy! How are you going?

AFM: 5dp2dt and no symptoms whatsoever Maybe the mildest of mild twinge of a cramp every now and then but so, so mild I am barely aware of it. I have creamy lotion-y cm but that would be the pessaries. I don't think I have ever felt this 'normal' after a transfer. I am pretty sure I am out

N2l- do not even think about announcing you are out yet! Its waaaay too early sister.... I felt normal last time remember- no symptoms at all, so it doesn't mean anything.
    melissa-I drink decaf coffee ( not a big coffee drinker anyway so I find decaf still has enough caffiene in it) why not try that? As for sex, I would wait, you don't want to regret anything esp if it is your last go.... besides an O ( not the ovulation type O) gives BAAAD BAAAAD cramps as I found out in my last pregnancy- its scary! DH will survive lol
    AFM- transfer booked in for thursday, hooray, just wish this week would hurry and be over! Picking up the clexane tomorrow- ouch! Also, we are offically POOR thanks to this FET!!

Thanks Saff Great to hear you have your transfer booked! We will all be in the TWW wait then!

I forgot to say I think my estrogen is on the rise too. I have that metallic taste in my mouth and the ankle/leg fluid retention thing happening. I can't recall exactly what that "means" cycle wise but I am pretty sure it is AF related

whens your BT N2L??
    How are you going Melissa?

The 23rd Saff. Eight days away...

Not hopeful at all haven't even got sore boobs

Going mad, going mad, going mad!!!!!! I hate the 2ww, it such a mindf**k.

Yay Saff - good luck for Thursday, chickadee, hope your lil one thaws absolutely beautifully As for the "O", the cramps are what I was afraid of and I know I definitely would be thinking along the lines of not a good idea. He'll have to survive a bit longer lol

N2L - I hear you on not having sore boobies. They are a tiny tiny bit tender but I have noticed that this varies a lot from cycle to cycle, be it ivf or natural for me. Don't know what this means, but surely with the amount of progesterone we are on, we can't have low progesterone? Ugh, I really hope your lack of symptoms/pms-y signs end up giving you a huge big surprise next Wednesday. Doesn't this just SUCK?

I am pretty much on a self-imposed internet ban (except for popping into these threads) because when I start googling, I alternate between freaking myself out and getting my hopes up. So I am staying away so at least I stay reasonably positive. I don't know how long the positivity will last for and I am trying not to read into ANYTHING, good or bad. I keep telling myself that people can be so sure that it has worked and it doesn't or so sure that it hasnt and it has, that how can I try and pick which way things will go, especially when really, what do I have to compare it with? One pregnancy 4 years ago? Or a miscarriage that started pretty much as soon as I got a bfp? So I am going to pretend I am clueless and hope it helps me through the next 6 days. DH has told me I'm not allowed to do any peesticks. Spoilsport - now he has to keep me entertained every minute of the weekend to stop me going mad.
    Thanks for the input on sex and caffeine!!! I've closed up shop with poor old DH and I haven't had a coffee for . . . gulp . . . a week. And I would lie, cheat, steal ad kill for one right now!!! But I won't

Idiot alert....

Me, I am talking about

Yep, that's right. I tested. I am dumb and I am stupid. In my defense, I was bored. I used a crystal clear (I hate them but I had one) and a first response (the dip one, not the early response one). It was at about 2pm this arvo so definitely not FMU lol...

Guess what the outcome was??? Surprise!! It was a BFN. Or, two BFNs if you count both tests.

I still have no symptoms except the mildest of cramping (milder than anyone has ever had in the history of cramping) very occasionally and this metallic taste in my mouth which I can't shake. More good news though! The metal mouth may be due to the metformin I am taking...so yay! Here's to another failed cycle

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast