Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ February 2006 #3

Chele sorry to hear that your body is being a bugger of a thing... stay strong sweetie and I am thinking of you... Keep us updated....

Ooooops I post this under IVF Barbie, was to busy laughing about it, so I will post it here also

Well girls....the appointment went well, although I have made the decision to have the bowel resection. I just want all of this endo out of my body....I think i go in on the 27th May... I could of gone in in april but i need time to recover from the previous op in late feb. Dr Cooper is quietly confident that we will get the end result, but they still don't say a great deal, i guess endo is such an unknown thing...

Dr Cooper will be head surgeon again, with colo rectal surgeon Dr Matt Morgan... plus the assistant .... so another HUGE bloomin medical expense, but each day I am soooo grateful that DH and I are in a good financial position to be able to afford the best...

I got my period today and it just snuck up.. no pain... i think with the herbs and the majority of endo removed... it has just made a huge difference i feel so good within myself too.

I think i need to go back to the energetic healer... i think my visit with her would be so very different this time around...

I hope everyone is ok.. take care ...

Oh yes Carlos is a very naughty little Foxie X....

love and hugs

leis xx

Oh yeah the cathetor is gone.... :smt022 no more fun..... my bladder is being naughty and it hurts once i have emptied it.. bladder spasms... ouch... but hey nothing like endo pain...

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Leis
    goodluck for the bowel resection - I can't imagine what you have been thru with endo pain and op .You are a champion woman.

A painless AF must be a pleasant surprise :shock: for a change if she has to come at all. It sounds like those herbs are magic.

Don't forget to keep track all your receipts - you can claim 20% back on tax- after $1500 OOP as offset - it all counts
    Medicare will send you a tax statement (after July) for total of amount spent / their refund -including IVF and you can also write for a full itemised list. Your health fund should send a statement too.

It think it is bugger the medicare threshold doesn't include inpatient hospital services.

Glad your catheter has left the planet.

Leis - good luck with it all sweetie. Hope the pain ends for you very very soon (hopefully due to a big belly full of baby).

Trish - I didnt know Medicare were supposed to send a tax statement - cant say that I have ever received one..... interesting.

janee Guest

Hi everyone, hope all are doing OK.
    Leis, you are one incredibly brave and determined woman. Good luck with everything!
    Tam, hope the PGD metting goes well next week...what happens?
    KeenAs, I think I remember you posting elsewhere...I too am still hanging around, so let's hope we're outta here soon.
    Sue, your holiday sounds fabulous....can you fit a small person in your suitcase?!
    Hello to everyone else...hope you're all OK.
    Me, back to the docs next week...to talk IVF. But first, going to naturopath tomorrow. Have been using Footsies patches the last few days (detox patches), and they seem to be helping with my energy levels etc....have to confess I've been a bit naughty lately, after last week's disappointing BFN again....drinking coffee, alcohol...but I think I needed to be a bit silly for a few days before getting back on track again....
    Well hope you're all having a good day. Take care xxx

oketongue: I say phooey to 'doing the right thing' all the time when ttc. Do whatever it takes to make you feel better Janee (within reason).
    Sorry, no room in the bag - travelling light this time and of course I need room for all my purchases....
    Sue
    165 more sleeps til up up and awa-a-ay

janee Guest

Sue, yes I think phooey too! can't be boringly perfect all of the time. Shall be interesting to see what becomes off limits after visiting the naturopath. :-k

It must be wonderful to have a count down till your holiday. DH, who NEVER takes holidays, actually promised me he would take a whole month off in January 07 if our baby dreams don't some true....and a holiday to somewhere exotic too! Doesn't make the wish for another child less, but certainly gives me something to think about if this year doesn't pan out as we would hope.

Jane xx

Janee, I hope that you will have your hands well and truly full with bub by then or be well on the way with a big fat tum! Having said that, there's nothing wrong with having a plan B either, try not to let your whole world/relationship revolve around ttc. I know that's easier said than done though!
    Blue.....where are you? Studying??? Hmmmm, how's your cycle going...you must only be a whisper away from your transfer by now.
    Tam - when is your PGD appointment? I could page back but a tad lazy at this time of the day.
    Bee - what's happening with you girl?
    Keen - good to see you getting back into the swing of things...IYKWIM. I'm having a couple of weeks in Turkey too. Someone made a really bad joke at work yesterday (so don't blame me if you "Are you going to Dubai dubai stuff?" Sorry girls.
    Leis - you're a little trooper. You've been on a long road with all your ops but you'll get there and yes, endo is still very much an unknown!! Sinister is a pretty good word for it I reckon.
    I know I've missed a few of you but am wishing you all well.:smt039
    Sue

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Keen - you need to go to medicare website and order one online - I did for 2005 Financial year the other day - think you can only do current (past) tax year.

But you have to write personally to get itemised statement.

Sue sounds like you will have a wonderful time. I am not so brave to venture overseas - Tasssie is furtherest I've been off mainland.

Ladies - we have 4 ladies leaving PALTTTC in next 4 weeks or so - [-o< for all you sniffing and stimming - [-o< successful cycles so you can join us - it will be lonely without any new graduates.

Hi to everyone, you can tell when I'm working because I only post at night!
    Janee, our plan is for a holiday this year too, with or without a belly. O/s if not pg, Aussie if pg. About June/July.
    Good luck on your IVF appt. And I also kinda go all out a bit while I'm not TTC. Sometimes it all just feels too limiting.

Heather & Bee, am desperately wanting to know how you are going.Hope it is all going good anyway.
    Leis, thinking of you heaps with your ops, even though I have endo also I've never really had a lot of trouble with it (manageable anyway).

Sue, my PGD appt is on Tuesday, I want to make sure there are not any other tests we should do before trying it also. I watched a shopping Getaway once about shopping in Dubai & it looked great, make sure you BB on the internet cafes once in a while, send us virtual postcards!!

Trish, would love to stay in the pg forum & keep you company.

Keen, wait, wait for your appt. I think it's a TTCer's No1 past time.

Nola, how's your sniffing, Yuck, I remember the taste?

Vicki, hope you are taking care of yourself, what are you up to next.

Phew, nothing to report hear, I want to hear good news from you guys, take care, yah for Friday tomorrow & the weekend. Time is going fast.

Hi girls just popping my head in to say :wave: and wish everyone :luck: I start the big sniff in the morning!! Will do personals when I catch up more....

Blue Sky Guest

Vicki – Hope your headaches have gone and that it didn’t develop into the flu. Sending you lots of “get well” vibes!

Hi Keen – I’m in the middle of, for want of a better term, a stim FET. Am taking Groanal-F to O then will be having a transfer. Are you also doing a FET? Good luck for your appointment on Monday!

Chele – I can understand your frustration at not Oing. Hope you were able to have an enjoyable wedding anniversary despite everything.

Tam – good luck with the PGD appt! Hope you are able to get some answers.

Leis – eek to the bowel resection. As the other girls have said, you’re such a trouper! Hoping that the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter for you! Carlos sounds like a cute dog! And, sorry to be a dumb ass, but what is an ‘energetic healer’? hehehe is it a RE that runs marathons? Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Trish – I think if the medicare threshold were to cover inpatient services then people wouldn’t take out pte health insurance . My accountant told me that the tax rebate includes items that you buy at the chemist – and therefore evin if I buy headache tablets I should get them at the chemist and hold onto the receipt. Also covers things like glasses, some aids eg I know someone who can claim her lymphodema stockings. I think you can only claim the portion after you have claimed from medicare and/or your private health. Worth looking into girls.
    And thanks for not adding any pressure… 8-[ LOL

Janee – Will this be your first foray into IVF? Hope your appointment goes well. Footsies patches? Do you wear those on your footsies? Sorry, full of questions for you today! Don’t worry about going off track – everyone deserves some indulgences every now and then!

Hi Sue – I agree, we want some cyber post cards!! Hehehe. Hopefully I’ll find out today what’s going on with transfer. I should be studying now but what the heck!

Nola, Bec, Bee & Ann – how are you traveling? Hope all is well.

Shez – Good luck with the sniffing!

I hope I haven’t missed anyone. Hi to you if I have.

Hope you have a great (long! \/ Yay!! \/ ) weekend girls. Looks like it will be great weather!

Cheers

janee Guest

Hi all, yey for Friday! Off to the naturopath today, so will let you know later how that goes...

Blue Sky.... the patches are actually called "Footsies" and yes you put them on your footsies! They are based on reflexology ideas, and are imported from Japan. I've used them for a few days now and I think they might actually be working. I feel less tired and fresher in the mornings. We shall see.

Yes it will be my first for IVF....and I have to say, probably last if it doesn't work. Financially and emotionally I'm not as strong as most of you. I need to try this and if no luck then I am resigned to letting the dream go. We have a beautifaul DS and perhaps he is our miracle child....My focus is to succeed first go, or succeed in being the best mum I can possibly be to my one and only! either way, I figure I'll be a winner...
    Have a great day everyone!
    xx

Hi Janee

Those footsie things do they draw the toxins out of your body and they are all yukky and black in the morning???? I think my bestfriends mum used to use them??? Or similar anyway....

Good luck with the IVF... i hope it all works out for you ...

love leis xx

janee Guest

Leis, yes they are...except mine are a yucky browny colour in the morning....seems pretty disgusting that coming out of your body.

Well, I'm back from the naturopath. She's making up a potion for me to collect tomorrow. Also gotta take fish oil and vitex, which I used to take pre med cycles. The bad news is my blood pressure's way up...150 on 80. Unfortunately it runs in my family, despite us being a pretty healthy weight, non smoking bunch. So if I can't get that sorted I have to go to my GP. I am not taking meds for it, so I better hope to get a handle on it myself. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Any advice on the blood pressure thing would be appreciated.
    xx

Janee i hope your BP gets to a normal level soon... love leis xx

Janee, hope you can get the BP under control before having to go to meds. That's pretty amazing about how those patches work.

Take care all. Had a busy weekend, lots of activities so I'm very pooped. Catch you all soon.

Blue Sky Guest

Hi all,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. It's been very quiet in here!

Tam - Hope you're recovering from your busy weekend!

Janee - Don't sell yourself short on your emotional strength. I wouldnt call myself a strong person - maybe determined 8-[! Although there are plenty of girls on BB who can prove otherwise, it doesn't always work first go. I guess I'm worried that you're putting too much pressure/expectation that it will work the first time. I had high expectations of my first cycle and it nearly brought me undone when it didnt work out. But am glad you have your first miracle to overcompensate on! Hope your BP comes down soon.

Have a good week girls - and for us Melbournites \/ YAY public holiday!!

Hello everyone!!! I hope you all are doing well. I feel totally lost in here right now. I think having a cold has wiped my memory celss. ( Lol)

Leis- I hope you are taking it easy and are recovering well. It is good that you have a date for your next op so you know you have the steps all in place.

Tam - Good luck for PGD appointment tomorrow.

Janee- Hope you are going well on the herbs. It took me a while to get used to then. When is your IVf appointment? I also believe you are stronger than you give yourself credit for!!!

Sue- How is the holiday planning going? Have you got it all organised or are you still working on smaller details? Are you getting excited yet?

Keen & Heather- how are you doing?

Shez- hows the sniffing going?

And I know I have missed quiet a few of you, but I do hope you are all doing well.

Quick up date for me- My DH had a sperm "Tunnel" test today at chatswood. So I am hoping that comes back ok. My Blood work from last week was not good. My blood sugar levels have sky rocketted in the last 6 months, so untill that gets under control no IVF for me. The Earliest I could get into my GP was next week. so I am off there to set a plan in motion. Just another mountain to climb!!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast