Thread: When did you move on from clomid?

Default When did you move on from clomid?

Just wondering when you and your doctor decided clomid was not working and you moved on? And when you did what did you try next? Did you have a break from treatments and ttc?

I have endometriosis, pcos, low ovarian reserve and my ovaries are apparently tiny (have shrunk a lot) and my doc thinks I will go through menopause sooner rather than later (I'm 30yearsold).

I ovulated on 50 mg and fell 1st cycle with my daughter who is almost 5 and 2nd cycle with my son who is 2. It would appear that when my body actually ovulated I used to fall pregnant, also had a miscarriage before my daughter .

However, no success yet, 6 months of ttc and on my 3rd lot of clomid, have taken 100mg this cycle but pretty sure I still haven't ovulated and I'm up to day 18. On 25mg I ovulated a week late and 50mg I ovulated 2 weeks late.

This sucks, and just not feeling very hopeful and don't know when I should just move on and accept I have 2 kids, or go further, but not sure what would be next and tbh I'm scared to ask!

Thanks!

Default Re: When did you move on from clomid?

Hi there we moved on from clomid after trying three months unsuccessfully on 200mg. We then went on to IUI and fell with the twins on the fourth IUI attempt. We had decided that we would give IUI 5 tries then move on to IVF. Luckily for us we didn't have to. Good luck

Thanks Aries, is there a reason why you think iui was more successful than clomid?

I found the puregon shots helped me create the follicles much better than the clomid and I was given a trigger shot so timing the ovulation for the IUI was much more accurate

My FS said he would only try 6 cycles of clomid and then move on to IUI. Made sense because I ovulated all 6 cycles, but never conceived so it would have been a waste for me.

There may be more going on then what meets the eye....5 years after DD, DH is 5 years older too perhaps he is a contributing factor? Just a thought, probably way off! But perhaps a sperm analysis before outlaying money on IUI is worth a look? Just to be sure you've got the best shot before you start

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

I did 3 cycles and then moved to ivf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Dust View Post
    But perhaps a sperm analysis before outlaying money on IUI is worth a look? Just to be sure you've got the best shot before you start
    I think they do this anyway before proceeding with IUI

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I think they do this anyway before proceeding with IUI
    Ohhhhhh I only did IUI as a last resort before we started IVF not after clomid.......my mistake!