Thread: Anyone have experience with empty follicles / immature eggs??

Default Anyone have experience with empty follicles / immature eggs??

I am hoping someone in here might have some experience with this...

I have done 3 full ivf cycles as follows..

IVF#1 - Elonva 150 and Gonal F 250 - 12 follicles - 2 eggs collected (2 mature) / 2 fertilised - 2 day 5 morulas transferred - BFN
    IVF#2 - Elonva 150 and Gonal F 250 - 12 follicles - 9 eggs collected (7 mature) / 4 fertilised - 2 day 5 morulas transferred - BFN
    IVF#3 - Puregon 300 and Saizen (HGH) - 12 follicles - 6 eggs collected (3 mature) / 2 fertilised - Nothing made it to transfer

I am 31 and unexplained infertility. I do have a low AMH for my age. Hubby is 37 and no issues. As of cycle 3 we moved from ivf to ICSI due to poor fertilisation in cycle 2. Our FS seems to be clueless as to why I'm getting so many 'empty' follicles and why nothing is getting to blastocyst. We are currently on cycle 4 and doing Elonva 150 and Gonal F 250 again. My first follicle scan is in the morning... But I can't help but feel that we are heading down the path as the last 3 cycles as we haven't changed anything...

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Re: Anyone have experience with empty follicles / immature eggs??

Just curious are your embryos on track at day 2 or 3? I did one IVF cycle and had 4 fertilised that were all doing well until day 4/5 and never made it to blastocysts. Does your clinic offer transfer earlier than day 5?
    I know I was keen to explore that if we had of done another IVF cycle.
    Hope someone can share their experience for you.