Thread: Herbal mixes and uterine tonics: Did it work for you?

Default Herbal mixes and uterine tonics: Did it work for you?

Hi,

I have recently been to a naturopath in the hope i could get some assistance improving egg quality and quantity and implantation.

Along with some dietary changes and a couple of extra supplements, she prescribed me a uterine tonic.

It is 20ml a day of -

Si wu tang
    Rehmannia glutinosa
    Glycyrrhiza glabra

It is far from pleasant tasting, and not cheap, but I will persist. Just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar. Did it help??

Thanks!!
    Last edited by nothing2lose; November 26th, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Hey n2l,

I don't recall being on a specific uterine tonic but was on some sort of tonic when I conceived DD as well as other supplements.... the last tonic I was prescribed was called fertility tonic had the following:
    - False Unicorn
    - Blue Cohosh (?)
    - Dong Quai
    - Cinnamon

Absolutely foul tasting and I failed to conceive on that but I stopped going to the Naturopath b/c of $ and we were starting IVF and couldn't afford both...

I had a tonic similar to RhiChiChi, so after ttc for almost a year, went to Naturopath, she told me the tonic should work quite quickly, I was dubious. But fell pregnant that cycle.
    Wow!
    Tasted like it had been scraped up off the bottom of a rabbit hutch though

Hmmm...bottom of rabbit hutch hey?? That sounds not unlike mine. I know mine has licorice root in it and some peony thingo... It actually kind of feels warm (like a liqueur or something) when you swallow it.

A good naturopath shouldn't just be looking at the uterine tonic & conceiving, they should be looking at your whole body, your environment and your mindset and working on all of those, boosting what needs to be boosted with your total health.

Good luck with it all n2l.

Yeah mine had licorice in as well, and was warmish, as well as vile
    My Naturopath did Iridology first, without knowing anything about me initially, I was amazed at what she could pick up about me and my body.

On a side note - BF what were your issues with TTC

Oh, yeah & I think mine has licorice in it too - makes me dry retch.... I have also done chinese medicine & had to brew up stuff that looked like her had collected in the bush... that was even more disgusting & made my house stink!

Quote Originally Posted by RhiChiChi View Post
    On a side note - BF what were your issues with TTC

Oh, yeah & I think mine has licorice in it too - makes me dry retch.... I have also done Chinese medicine & had to brew up stuff that looked like her had collected in the bush... that was even more disgusting & made my house stink!
    I had lots of scarring in the uterus, plus I'm getting old
    I had the Chinese herbs as well, yeah, they definitely stink