-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
:
he said sometimes it's just not meant to be
That's a completely inappropriate thing for any sort of healer or doctor to say! It's bad enough when an ignorant lay-person says it, but a professional should know better! It's right up there with FS#2 telling us "nature did you a favour" when I showed him the test results from our mm/c...
It's normal for it to take a while to work through the emotions and I'd imagine your uncertainty stems from that emotional turmoil. But, let's be clear, you do NOT have a "womb of death". Like most other m/c, odds are it was a chromosomal issue; nothing anyone could do to prevent it and certainly NOT your fault. :hug:
I hope snuggles with Ebony will give you plenty to smile about.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Positively fantastic name change love the attitude xxx
Sarah cant believe the dr said that I would not be happy at all with that comment. I understand you need time its so hard to get through it and honestly you will know when your ready
just take it easy on yourself in the mean time. Ebony is a beautiful name and she sounds gorgeous xxx
WOO HOO dp changed his mind and I am at the moment trying to find a cavoodle for us. cant wait will keep you updated so excited xxx
oh and no symptoms not happy:-( I can test on my birthday which makes me nervous as its my 40th but at least I can drink I suppose. not looking forward to the 19th of march
that was my little girls due date still crying about it and not sure how I am going to cope that day was so sure I would be pg by then
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Juniper - hope DD was ok when you had to run and see what she was doing!
Sarah - thanks for sharing how AF has changed for you too, i need to find out what my AMH count is, can't recall all that stuck out was starting menopause at 45. You so dont have a womb of death young lady! as Juniper says must have been something like a chromosomal issue. Once you are in the right place again you will know when its time to start trying again. As for your Dr/healer I just knew it had to be a male saying that....so insensitive of him not at all appropriate he should be keeping those nasty thoughts to himself. I love the name Ebony i bet she is as cute as a button too
Rai - Oooh how exciting for you, GL with your search for a furry bub. Boo hoo for the no symptoms hope this changes for you. When is your bday? wishing you a lovely day and a year filled with lots of love, happiness, good health and fulfulling your dreams :)
my heart aches for you, i still think of our little angel and wonder why, what he/she would look like, who they would take after etc its just heartbreaking stuff :hugs:
Baby dust Ladies xx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Positively thank you, yes m/c sucks you always wonder and its not fair. Birthday is Saturday and just found a gorgeous black cavoodle that we are picking up on sunday
so excited my DS2 is going to love it as we are giving it to him for his birthday the week after so an early pressie for him, take care of your self lovely lady sending you
lots of :pink-babydust:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Positively I think your right need to be more positive so I changed my name, cause all I desperately want is just 1 more baby please xxx so not rai anymore sorry hopefully
this will bring me more luck :crossfingers::ROFL:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Thursday 6 March 2014 :goodluck:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
CatyO - taking a break
Emma09 - taking a break
Kel82 - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Sarah4kurt - waiting for AF
Worrywart -recovering from lap
Juniper76 - CD3
TT40 - CD9
Joski - CD22
Amy_jellybean - CD25
Miss.B - CD28
Glorious - CD31
Nothing2lose - CD42
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...4/index13.html )
1 More Please (Rai) - CD21 8dpo
Got their BFP in March :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Ceejelz, Babycakes
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
So, CD3 and AF has just about stopped... Definitely getting a long way from the 7-day AFs I used to have (in my teens and 20s) and even the 5-day AFs I had earlier in my 30s (until the last 6 months)... I'd have been over the moon about this as a teen, but now it just worries me...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
You girls are the best! Yes I left my drs office yesterday feeling so deflated after him saying what I'm scared to death to even think of but do in my darkest hrs :-/.
Thanks juniper joski 1moreplease positively :-) I would rather listen to you girls who know what I'm going through! I swear I have a baby waiting for us! I dream of it all the time and I feel so peaceful in my dreams with it.
Yeah juniper that's not right what your FS #2 said about your MC... It does not help! Yeah I know what u mean about AF being a worry getting lighter and shorter! I think it's all a worry really every bit of this journey I'd like to know what causes it and maybe the long term fertility drugs?? I don't know but I know when I up my progesterone Supps my next af is heavier.
Yes that's right joski :-) Ebony has the little tan eyebrows and shiney black body ... Like your Charlie... So cute!
And yay 1 more please :-) a cavoodle! I so nearly got one :-) but Ebony was the one :-).
You get yours quick I still have to wait until the 18th ... Help! gives me more time to get her more stuff ha ha! Already got 2 princess beds lol, doggy sunnies a few different styles of pants, angel wing harness , a pink n white little kennel, oh my gosh I'm still a nutter hee hee ...
Baby dust xxxxx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Hi Ladies, hope uve all had a good day!
1 more - like the name change & the positive attitude. DS is going to absolutely love his bday pressie. Your family is in for a great week ahead.
Re the positive attitude I just think it cant hurt. I know really positive people and they seem to attract good things and it makes sense really. Ive done as a friend suggested to write down my wish/request to the universe and then ask the universe out loud and outside in a place I enjoy (my back garden near some beautiful flowers) then burn the paper so it floats up in to the atmosphere/universe so it can start its work on my request.
I feel good about it im not stupid and know there will be down days but on a whole I want to retain that positive attitude and faith.
Lots of GL your way my dear
Love & light and loads of baby dust to us all xx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Hello ladies,
Sorry I've been MIA, just can't bring myself to jump on sometimes, I'm so worn out and tired lately :(
Positively, love your name change! You are going to conceive :) I got that CD it's called hypnosis for fertility by, oh, it doesn't say! lol. It's got www. HypnoticFX. com on it. I have listened to it a couple of times, but I've been so tired, I fall asleep within a few minutes. Must be relaxing me! haha.
Sarah, your puppy sounds gorgeous, I'm sure you're getting lots of lovely cuddles. Can't believe that d**k of the doctor though, how rude!
Juniper, sorry to hear that it might be your endo coming back :( In regards to the AF, I used to have a 4 or so days of it a few years ago (well pretty much for over 20 years) and then after I had DS (especially after I had him) my AF only lasts for 2 days now. One really heavy day and the other is light to medium, sometimes it's so light I think I had AF for one day. I really think as I'm getting older, my AF is getting shorter.
Rai, it's you!! LOL. I was wondering who 1 more please was! haha. Nice name hun, I should change mine to that too ;)
Joski, yes, it makes me dizzy too! Hopefully O did happened and the BT was wrong and you caught that eggie FX!
Did I miss anyone?
Well, afm, CD28 and still no AF! Yay!!! I was really panicking it was going to come early like last time (CD26 I think). So it's due tomorrow and I've had spotting for 3 days now, I'd say it will come tomorrow or Saturday. Sort of excited about my FET now, I'm thinking about skipping town for a few days after the transfer so no one can disturb me!! Good plan? x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
CD1 here today, yay! Right on target :)
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Friday 7 March 2014 :goodluck:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
CatyO - taking a break
Emma09 - taking a break
Kel82 - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Sarah4kurt - waiting for AF
Worrywart -recovering from lap
Miss.B - CD1
Juniper76 - CD4
TT40 - CD10
Joski - CD23
Amy_jellybean - CD26
Glorious - CD32
Nothing2lose - CD43
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...4/index13.html )
1 More Please (Rai) - CD22 9dpo
Got their BFP in March :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Ceejelz, Babycakes
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Hi Miss B- good to see you again :waves:
My AF has changed since coming off the pill 15 months ago. When I was on the pill my period would last 4 days max and be super light (in fact I would not bleed at all during the night) and have slight back pain.
Now it lasts the better part of 7 days, is super heavy and the pain is excruciating sometimes. My endo has prescribed Mobic to lessen he pain and boost my iron levels and my gynecologist seems to think its because my PCOS is coming back.
All we can do is wait and see what happens.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Hi Everyone,
How is it all going?
Sarah, so exciting about your puppy! Also, echoing what some of the others said about that comment. Not meant to be. F- that. Sorry, slightly angry mood at the moment. Just hate that idea that some things are "meant to be" or not. I know a few "old maid" aunties who should have had kids, would have been wonderful mothers.
Juniper and Miss B and not sure who else said this, but yes I also notice a shortening/lightening of AF and it is about getting older I think. Still, I have been reassured that the lining is still looking really good, though it is hard not to feel a bit down about "approaching" menopause.
Positively and Rai/One More - love the name changes. Mine has pretty bad karma maybe but it's the truth for me, though I'd like it to change. I like the alliteration though.
AFM, things have been continuing well with recovery. Did have a light spot this morning (on day 9 of my cycle) and at first I thought, oh wow, maybe this is ovulation spotting, but I don't think so. In any case, no fertile CM and no pos OPK. Ah yes, back into crystal ball mode. I have noticed my fertile CM doesn't seem to synch with my positive OPK for a while now ... again everything becomes a sign. I had a really horrible wave of feeling convinced that we would never get pregnant and that I am in for another year of heartache. Just the worst feeling. Suddenly felt the need to be absolutely sure we can get pregnant, and wanted to consult a psychic and all this cr-p. Thankfully the feeling has passed. But it will be back no doubt.
loads of babydust to you all,
WW
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
WW, just sending you a big hug, because it sounds like you could use one. :hug: And thanks for the reassurance that it's possible to still have a good lining even though AF has gotten shorter. Here's an extra hug for that: :hug:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Joski, I hope the PCOS is not coming back :( I have a very close friend that had PCOS since her early 20's but then she underwent some program at Royal Women's in the city and they got her ovulating again and she got pg on her second IVF cycle (she had to do IVF as she has only one tube which is completely blocked).
Worrywart, nice to hear that you're recovering well :). And god to kmow the lining is still good hey? Come to think of it, my IVF nurse always says my lining in always nice and thick around O time. Very reassuring indeed :)
Speaking about CM and all that, mine is non existent now :( Even if we had a chance to get pg naturally, I doubt we could, there is no sigh of cervical mucus at all. In fact, sorry this is TMI, when it comes to BD, I cringe (often I go to bed really late to avoid the special cuddles) as I am so horribly dry 'down there', it really hurts. Plus there is 0 libido as well. Actually, it's really putting strain on our sex life. Or the lack of I should say :redface:. And I have used the water based lubricant but I hate it, and it's still not nice and slippery, it actually feels very watery in there, like there is no lubrication at all. Sorry, hard to explain! I actually started taking high doses of evening primrose oil which can apparently increase the production of CM, but so far it's done nothing....:wall:
This is what happens when you get to my age :(
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Miss.B, even if you don't see a lot of CM on the TP, you can still have plenty up near the cervix. I remember one of our IUIs while TTC#1 our FS made a comment about my having good CM (while he was doing the IUI), which surprised the heck out of me because I'd been worried about not having any... Also, if you want to try a different lube, my acupuncturist recommended coconut oil... I haven't tried it (long story), but thought I'd mention it in case you were interested...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
:
Miss.B, even if you don't see a lot of CM on the TP, you can still have plenty up near the cervix. I remember one of our IUIs while TTC#1 our FS made a comment about my having good CM (while he was doing the IUI), which surprised the heck out of me because I'd been worried about not having any... Also, if you want to try a different lube, my acupuncturist recommended coconut oil... I haven't tried it (long story), but thought I'd mention it in case you were interested...
Such an awesome compliment. Lol...wow you have amazing CM! Hehe
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Saturday 8 March 2014 :goodluck:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
CatyO - taking a break
Emma09 - taking a break
Kel82 - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Sarah4kurt - waiting for AF
Worrywart -recovering from lap
Miss.B - CD2
Juniper76 - CD5
TT40 - CD11
Joski - CD24
Amy_jellybean - CD27
Glorious - CD33
Nothing2lose - CD44
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...4/index13.html )
1 More Please (Rai) - CD23 10dpo
Got their BFP in March :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Ceejelz, Babycakes
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
:
Such an awesome compliment. Lol...wow you have amazing CM! Hehe
Lol. Our current FS came up with a good one too: "I wish I could transplant your lining into some of my other patients"... That was before my AF changes, hence me worrying that the one thing my body has always done really well might have started failing...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Juniper thanks I did really need that. Right back at you.:hug:
Miss B, you too.:hug: Sounds really hard. Being in the mood is fairly rare for me too, with my back pain and also the stress of TTC. Maca I have heard can increase libido.
Yes, that is an awesome compliment! Yes, I know what you mean Juniper about thinking "well at least I've got this going for me" and then it seems like each item gets systematically ticked off as time and tests go by.
AFM, still neg on the OPK and now I am fretting that I've missed it. Which is fairly unlikely and nuts. My TCM lady says that the ovary is probably just recovering (there was a lot of surgery on the right ovary, and the left was impacted on the last lap 4 years ago so ovulation will probably be less frequent overall). I guess I never thought that my hormones and desire and so forth might be impacted and that really freaks me out. I suppose I can get scans and stuff to see whether I am ovulating naturally but prob not worth the expense esp with IVF happening in a month or so. Can you do an FET if you don't ovulate naturally? How do they time it? If this means more drugs, I will cry.
lots of luck to all,
WW
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
WW, I don't want to make you cry, but, yes, it does mean more drugs for the FET if you don't O. There's two options - you use OI (eg clomid or FSH injections) to make you O and then do the FET, or you do a medicated FET where no O is required but you use a lot more drugs (and the s/e can be a bit nasty, especially the oestrogen, from what I've heard)... If you're having a hard time with the drugs, I'd probably ask your FS if you can do the OI option...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Juniper, I wish I had your FS! I'd love compliments like that :) I will look into coconut oil, I'm desperate!
Thanks for the hugs Joski, sending some your way too :)
Worry wart, like Juniper said, you'll need drugs of some sort if you don't O naturally. I once was on a little tablet called progynova in one of my FET cycles, because my AF was slightly irregular, and it was meant to switch off my natural ovulation, but it didn't do the job and I O'd anyway. The side effects were hideous, I was so queasy on those tabs, and it was horrible. Needless to say, I didn't take them again. My FS said that there's no point of taking them again, as if that's the way they going to make my body feel/behave, I'm better off without them. My body was just not responding well to the tabs and it was just too much stress all around, they woudln't have been of any benefit to my FET. My cycles are regular again anyway thank goodness.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
HI, I'm not testing anymore yesterdays was negative so think I'm just waiting for af:-( On a happier note I'm picking up puppy today my son's out with nanna
all day and will get his early birthday puppy present when he gets home this afternoon, cant wait
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Sunday 9 March 2014 :goodluck:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
CatyO - taking a break
Emma09 - taking a break
Kel82 - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Sarah4kurt - waiting for AF
Worrywart -recovering from lap
Miss.B - CD3
Juniper76 - CD6
TT40 - CD12
Joski - CD25
Amy_jellybean - CD28
Glorious - CD34
Nothing2lose - CD45
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...4/index13.html )
1 More Please (Rai) - CD24 11dpo
Got their BFP in March :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Ceejelz, Babycakes
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Aw sorry 1more please xoxo
So exciting about your puppy :-)
What's it's name?
Hi everyone else :hello:
Missb I was told to use egg whites as it the most closest thing to your own CM.
AFM I'm just plodding along, I think I got O signs over weekend but I've still got tiny bit of brown/pink in the CM .
So who knows what is going on, that's day 10 & 11 after D&C.
...8 days till our puppy comes home :-)!
Baby dust :pink-babydust::bluedust: xoxo
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Monday 10 March 2014 :goodluck:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
CatyO - taking a break
Emma09 - taking a break
Kel82 - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Sarah4kurt - waiting for AF
Worrywart -recovering from lap
Miss.B - CD4
Juniper76 - CD7
TT40 - CD13
Joski - CD26
Amy_jellybean - CD29
Glorious - CD35
Nothing2lose - CD46
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...4/index13.html )
1 More Please (Rai) - CD25 12dpo
Got their BFP in March :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Ceejelz, Babycakes
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
tested again this morning I just cant help myself but was neg actually it was so negative I could not even try to imagine there could be a second line hahaha
got our gorgeous puppy yesterday I have to say and yes I'm biased he is just so totally gorgeous its not funny lol. his name is Jack we let DS2 name him as he
is his and he slept on his bed with him last night so cute, but I must say I HATE toilet training its a pain but I know it does not last forever so that's ok xxx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Good morning Ladies, Happy Monday to you all :)
Miss B - skipping town for a few days sounds like a wonderful idea to get away from it all and relax. Big hugs for you hun, not sure what to suggest for the dryness sounds blinkin painful though...ouch
Joski - gosh your AF sounds challenging hope it all gets sorted soon for you
WW - Big hugs to you too, hope you are starting to feel more optimistic
1more - aww how cute little Jack i like the name! hmmm toilet training is never easy but luckily it usually doesn't take too long for a pup to master
Ladies sending you all lots of GL vibes, wishing you all a healthy cycle
Love, light and baby dust to all xx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Thanks Joski for the hugs too. Back at you.
Thanks for the info, Juniper and MissB. Sounds like you had a nasty experience, Miss B. Fingers crossed for your transfer. Do skip town, if you can! Do it.
AFM, seem to have caught the puppy bug from you guys. Cannot stop thinking about Dachshunds! My mind is a very busy with worries about unplanned medicated FETs etc. I had vowed never to take Gonal or any IVF drugs again. I thought I had this clear plan, and now it is once again called into question. There is no sign of O and I guess I am flat-lining this cycle. It is hard. Both of my ovaries are now operated on and my biggest fear is they will never ovulate again. Because TBH, I have little faith in IVF (it's never worked for us) and there is a view that the drugs make implantation less likely for some women, ie negatively impact the receptivity of the lining, and that FETs will be the way of the future.
Guys, I wish everyone the best but I am going to take a break from this forum. I am obsessing and need to take a step back. I will check in on you guys though.
loads of luck to all,
WW
x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
=( sorry to hear that WW. Massive hugs, and wish you all the best. Love n light.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
WW I had a dachshund when I was growing up there so cute and a great dog. I am so sorry to hear about your struggles what a hard time you are going through, you are
in my thoughts, wishing you all the very best xxx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Tuesday 11 March 2014 :goodluck:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
CatyO - taking a break
Emma09 - taking a break
Kel82 - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Sarah4kurt - waiting for AF
Worrywart -recovering from lap
Miss.B - CD5
Juniper76 - CD8
TT40 - CD14
Joski - CD27
Amy_jellybean - CD30
Glorious - CD36
Nothing2lose - CD47
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...4/index13.html )
1 More Please (Rai) - CD26 13dpo
Got their BFP in March :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Ceejelz, Babycakes
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
WW - Sorry to hear you're obsessing and need a break, hope you find the peace and answers you are searching for, big hugs and lots of love & light. My good friend always says to picture the individual surrounded by a brilliant white light and feel the peace and tranquility you want them to feel....so that's what I am doing for you!
Take care xx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Sorry to hear WW, hope you find the peace and space you are looking for.
I love Dashies - may your little one bring you joy and love.
Xxx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Ooo, love the avatar, Joski!
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Thanks juniper.... Sterla did an awesome job! I love it.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
Awww, sorry to hear you're taking a break WW. Big hugs and good luck in the future hunni xxx
Love your avvi Joski!
Wow, everyone is getting a puppy!! Very exciting, wish I was a doggy person :( I love cats (I love dogs too but I can never commit to the walks :redface:), and I can't bring myself to get another one after I lost my beloved puss 4 years ago, she was my baby.
Sarah,thanks for the tip about the egg white! Seriously, I'll try anything :)
AFM, scan and BT scheduled for Monday, then FET soon after. Hopefully everything goes smoothly! FX.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception February/March 2014
:
Thanks juniper.... Sterla did an awesome job! I love it.
Ah, she made mine too!
Miss.B, good luck!