Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #1

slyder Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #1

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

As it's easy to forget to remove your ticker, please be advised that we will remove it for you if it's posted in here. Just easier, is all.

The old thread is here

Last edited by sushee; January 10th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Sorry about BFN Peta

Well Happy New Year everyone. What does 2008 have in store for us all...

I'm at CD34 and around 12DPO, I was really hoping that AF arrived today so that I could start IVM this cycle. We are going on holiday to Melbourne Friday night and wont be back until late next Wednesday so I could do my initial three days of injections while I'm away (so perfect if I get AF today or tomorrow), but can't do the Day 2 ultrasound & BT's required if Im not in Perth. Damn it!

First of all Slyder well said and after seeing DH last cycle i do think you men understand more than we give you credit for

Peta - So sorry hun on the BFN it sux

Miss C good luck with Stims

Claire - Congrats on that awaited BFP

Bec D - hope all goes to plan sweet

Happy new year looking forward to riding to the top of the roller coaster with you

Yay I'd like to be a part of this this year, I'm so glad I found this forum

It makes me realise how silly I was to think I'd get pregnant first ivf. It makes me scared though too. I just thought seeing I wasn't the one with the problem and with the ICSI I'd fall pregnant straight away

I've had a few tears in the eyes over the last 2 days though reading peoples posts and siggi's..

Never silly I think it will work everytime

There are people who get a BFP on cycle one

Welcome!

Peta - I'm so sorry about your BFN - that really sucks

Claire - congrats on the BFP!

Happy New Year to everyone - this is going to be our year. As the new catchcry goes "let's procreate in 2008!"

Vicki
    x

Looks like the fertility gods were listening earlier, AF has just arrived which means fingers crossed the clinic will let us start our IVM cycle! Will have an update tomorrow when I speak to them

jbub Guest

Default soon to start stims

Miss C and W1 - we will be in 2ww at about the same time although i think i may be 1 week ahead of you??? this is my very first cycle. Baseline bloods tomorrow then I will be starting stims on Friday if all ok. EPU approx 16th Jan. Have coped pretty well with the Lucrin injections. Had a bit of a PMS spat last night though. Very teary and emotional and anxious. But period pains started today so thats the culprit. Otherwise I have felt pretty positive or at least neutral. I am prepared for either result I think. I have just had severe endo surgery 3 months ago and am aware that this won't be easy. Saying that though maybe my body was just waiting for that to get into gear and get preggers?? who knows - I'll leave it up to nature (actually I'll be leaving it up to science).

waiting1 Guest

jbub yay - that will be great to have someone going through at same time. I went in to have second blood test today to get the negative after my last one had low hcg level and wasn't technically negative although wasn't positive.... they told me if my ovulation holds off Ill be ok to do Jan FET but the lab is closed until 14 Jan so if I ovulate before then - I have to wait another month.. Ive decided it will be what it will be. This one will be completely natural as well but a new FS as my regular is away for all of Jan - a change is as good as a holiday. So its upto my body now. I got AF on 1st so if ovulation waits until 14 or later should be ok. so We will be around the same time exactly ! Good luck !

Hi ladies - wow, what a lot of activity since i checked on everyone yesterday!.....Peta, so sorry to hear of your results my AF started on new years day, so not the best beginning to 08, however, i've regrouped, and am looking ahead. We're always here if you need support ..... Claire, a huge congrats for you! Wonderful news.... BecD, yay for af arriving on time! If only she was this co-operative all the time...... Miss C, W1, jbub, good luck for your stims, EPU's and FET's! Everyone is sounding busy and positive ..... i'm off to Sydney next weekend with DH, staying right in the city, so can't wait! Then on 14th jan, a FS appt to talk IUI. So it's back on board the rollercoaster Have a great day everyone! TP

kellrobryan Guest

thanks for the replys im off to get a test today lets just hope it is right as with my other children it wouldnt show up on a home test untill i was over a week late
    only way i knew was to get a blood test
    kell

kellrobryan Guest

Default bfn

well back from the docs he wouldnt do a blood test as he said why get that done yet as every mth it was always neg so just wait but we can do a wee test but it was neg i told him that in the past with the other kids it didnt show up in a wee test untill i was over a week and he said every pregnancy is diff
    i am so upset and i know and understand that it isnt over till af comes but i wish i just knew i really thought this was the mth
    i was on tuesday so im only 2 days late
    thanks for every ones well wishes
    Cry CRY CRY
    Kell

Aww hun, I'm so sorry

Hugs
    Spring

barney Guest

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY LTTTC BUDDIES
    ill be back in a couple of weeks and cant wait im getting so excited.best of luk to you all

:hugs: I'm sorry sweetie

Well I am back in the game, I am officially on IVM Cycle 1, which will hopefully be our last!
    Spoke to the Dr this morning who is happy to go ahead, and my holiday away won't affect IVM thank goodness Have Day 2 bloods/ultrasound tomorrow - YAY!

Bec and Smithy Best of Luck

Hi Kell, I'm sorry that you're going through a rough time :hugs:

You know your body better than a doctor does - they may treat you and provide you with advice, and yes every pregnancy is different, but you are the one who knows what has happened and how you have felt with your previous pregnancies.

If you know that you don't show up positive on a HPT until a week later, then you should test again in a few more days.

If you don't test positive in a few days and AF still hasn't arrived, then you need to request that your doctor does the b/t. Don't take no for an answer, and be forthright with him. You have the right to request this test, not the very least for your peace of mind.

I'm very sorry you're having to go through a difficult time and more waiting now, but I don't think you can count this as a BFN until you have a conclusive test like a blood test and/or AF arrives. Don't give up hope yet, hun!

Miss C

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast