Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #1

slyder Guest

Welcome back stranger! I wondered what had happened to you and hoped you might return. Oh, by the way I was 'Rols' last time you were here. It's still me though.

Don't even bother trying to catch up, it would take a month of reading

Hi Slyder

I have only just figured out who you are. I was wondering what was going on with you. No luck with the frozen embies then?

Cheryl

slyder Guest

Nah, first FET cycle was BFN (one t'ferred), but we're using our last two blasties next month which we're both really looking forward to. Have nurses appt. tomorrow morning to get things rolling.

I did hear about the kerfuffle involving your FS. There was a big stink about how SIVF went about their monumental price hike. There's a thread about it somewhere. Anyway she was a victim of that I think - a voice of dissent I believe.

Hi everyone

I have joined up today so forgive me if I make any errors - never been on a forum before.

I am preparing to start IVF/ICSI next month for the first time. I have tried IUI and clomid cycles in the past but to no avail. I had a Hysteroscopy and Lap last week and had stitches out today and a bit sore and sorry. I am very nervous but also excited and understand when you all state that the waiting is the hardest bit.

I love reading the forums and they normally make me cry but only cos everyone is going through the same sort of thing that I am and it makes it so much easier to relate!

slyder Guest

Hey Kyles. Welcome! Glad to have you on board.

Kyles welcome

Hi Chez - welcome back. David Knight is my FS - what exactly is it that you want to know?

I can tell you that he appears to be a big fan of ICSI, will be hard on you with regards to overall physical health (weight in particular), and is also very focussed on maintaining a positive frame of mind throughout. But if you're only going to be using Next Gen for EPU and embryo transfer, you probably won't encounter a lot of that stuff. EPUs are done under general anaesthetic at Castle Hill Day Surgery - I've been there twice, with a few adventures, but it's been ok. My two EPUs were done by two different doctors (one with David, one with another NGF FS, Kim Matthews), both held my hand while I went under anaesthetic and were great. After collection, I have a scientist call me every day to update me on how my embryos are going - with blast transfer, that's pretty much six days. With the last one, I even had nurses checking up on me later because of the OHSS and being in hospital - they were quite concerned with how I was going in the lead up to collection. Embryo transfers are done back at the clinic (unless you need a general anaesthetic for some reason), and the scientists, nurses and everyone else I've encountered at the clinic have been brilliant. I know things have changed when medicare started giving rebates for ICSI, but before that they simply did not charge extra for ICSI, they do have an extra fee for blastocyst culture, which they'll generally do if you have three or more embryos at day three. David treats things aggressively - probably part of the reason I've hyperstimulated twice, but he'd prefer that to only getting 2-3 eggs, and it doesn't appear to be effecting my egg quality... just the way I do things, apparently.

If there's anything else you want to know, just ask! I know I've ranted and raved and said all sorts of nasty things to him/about him in the past, but he really is good at what he does. Hopefully I've made up for some of the nasty stuff I've said before with that glowing reference!

ETA: Welcome, Kyles. I've been so busy singing the praises of my FS that I missed your post!

BW

Hi everyone - gosh, there are alot of new names floating around now - welcome to you all!
    I'm not so chirpy as i was when i last posted... i think last Thursday... DH and I had lovely w/end in sydney, but have just had appt with FS and there seems to be a clear pattern developing with my temp charts, that indicate that i'm only ovulating every second cycle... i think we have only just picked up on it because i've actually only now completed 4 cycles of temping in a row - where as in the past i would temp for 2 or 3 cycles, then give it a break for a bit (i needed the mental break!) So i guess it is really good that we know something new about my cycles, but i'm a little disappointed too . So, i also had scan today, and there isn't much happening in re. to developing follies... which fits in with the pattern, as last cycle was great temps, and great prog. levels.... sooooo, after all this, i'm having BT tomorrow to check prog levels, then another scan on Thursday to check follie development, but not expecting any changes really.
    My FS wants me to continue on with # 4 clomid cycle (assuming i don't fall pg this cycle), and really monitor everything closely, maybe do trigger shots with Pregnyl (sp?) geez, i really feel like i'm getting right into the thick of things now, and i just never thought i would find myself here, but, here i am!

I'm starting to ramble, so will wrap it up now, sorry for lack of personals, i need to catch up properly on where others are at.

Warm wishes to everyone. tp xx

Hi

Thanks so much for your welcomes

I feel I am a long way behind as I have not done any actual IVF/ICSI cycles yet but am finding out helpful info for the future.

I have done the Pregnyl, trigger injections etc when I did my two IUI cycles so know some of what you are experiencing

Kyles, don't feel bad. Many of us have started with IUI or clomid and have later moved on to IVF and ICSI. For some - it's been straight to IVF and ICSI. The actual path for any couple depends a lot on the factors that are effecting infertility. And when it comes down to it, there appears to be very little difference between IUI and IVF - just the whole egg collection and transfer bit! The medications are exactly the same.

Thanks again - especially butterflywarrior

I never thought I would go the full IVF AC because I have fallen pregnant naturally once,on clomid and also through IUI but alas first pg resulted in D & C at 12 weeks and second two were considered "bio-chemical pregnancies" at 6 and 5 weeks.

I know that since I have been trying for 5 years it sounds like I am a bit slow off the mark but I gave myself 12 months off last year when I was going to a Naturopath to try yet another way of falling
    I found the Naturopath wonderful in being able to lose the weight that has been plaguing me and I have now managed to keep off but unfortunately no pg resulted

hi kyles

i have to back bw up on what she's said - ivf really isn't that different to iui - i've done clomid (no response) and several iui's. the only difference iui to ivf was the level of drugs, and then epu - transfer of the embie is almost the same as the process for the actual iui - cept i got to see my embie on the monitor as it's done under u/s to make sure it's in the right place!

ask away hun - we're here to help where we can!

Default Miss C

Thank You for your lovely post as well as others who have commented. I completely agree with you in regards to selecting a FS. I think our issue was right at the beginning. We did not know what we were doing.

Like Dear caught in headlights. We just stumbled through blindly one week at a time. One meeting at a time. Each time we left we did nt have a clue what was going on except for the fact that we knew when our next appointment was and we knew what particular medication to take and how much. Other than that we were clueless.

This time will be different. This time we are going to "Shop around". I dont care if it takes a year i m going shopping...... but for a FS.

Maybe I should update my profile here and just put....."gone shoppin"

I was reading some of the posts before about what some of the FS do. I was sitting at the my computer and out loud just said OMG!!! DH looked at me and asked what was up and I told him. We just looked at each other...... to us its unbelievable, its impossible to picture our last FS holding my hand as I went under.

This time round it s going to be different, we are no longer ignorant, well i still am but not as much..lol

Thank You to all, your posts help us ignorant ones to sort of know whats going on.

slyder Guest

You're not ignorant AB, we all learn heaps as we go along.

SP - Thanks for thinking of me, big bleed went fine, felt a bit dizzy afterwards but it didn't hurt anywhere near as much as I though.

I'm feeling very tender today from the trigger injection, have a lovely red mark to show off.
    OPU is at 8am tomorrow morning, trying to remain calm and just deal with it.

Slyder all the best for this next cycle.I have everything crossed for you.
    To all the other ladies I wish you all the luck in the world on this very
    bumpy road.

Default Slyder

I certainly feel it some times, and when i say ignorant I do say that tounge in cheek. I feel like i have been given a mammoth novel and everyone else has read it and i ve just skimmed a few pages. I seem to know a little bit about a little amount. Ohhhh dont worry i m not concerned, if anything amuzed. each time I read another post and there is something else I dont know I just think hmmmmmmmm more to learn.

I just went on Fertility Friend web site after reading how good it was. I went through the stages of setting up a page for charting. I didnt know what the heck I was doing. So once again I have more homework. What is charting , what the heck does it really tell you and why the heck didnt I already know.

I have a long and deffinately informative path to travel, but I have plenty of lovely people on here to stop and ask along the way....... see female.... dont mind asking for directions....

AB - fertility friend is a great tool for charting your temperature and cervical mucus when you're trying to work out ovulatioin during natural cycles. Personally, i've found it more stressful than anything else, as my body doesn't behave the way it should! some people use it to track ovulation for a natural frozen embryo transfer, and to monitor temps after transfer (temp drops may indicate AF arrival) - but it's not something that i would personally do - would stress me out more in the tww! BW does lots of temping and charting - i'm sure she'll drop in later and fill you in...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast