Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC with IUI #6

nellym - So sorry to about your BFN. I know how upsetting it is *big hugs*. I know if I was in your shoes Id be finding an excuse from the baby shower and curling up with a good movie, chocolate and wine

AFM - Today we had our first IUI and bad news...DH sperm count only 0.2million and Didnt find out the motility. So very sad/depressed and have been on the brink of tears since. Trying not to be down in front of DH as I dont want to make him feel bad about it. We did know DH sperm were abit off as he has had varicoeales and had 2 ops on them and we have had good and bad results in previous sperm tests. So Im thinking this month is out :*( I looked at a website and it said I have 0.5% chance of conceiving. Top things off Ive got really bad ovulation cramps and I just keep thinking that its all for nothing..
    Sorry for the negative post.
    Anyhow FS said we will give IUI one more go and then its on to IVF....

oh nellym - im so sorry to hear of the bfn really feeling for you... thanks for the feedback re DH sperm... Its amazing that so many can still miss that egg!!! I hope AF arrives on time for you and doesnt drag this out so you can move on to a new fresh cycle. good luck with it love xx oh and PS - no way i would be going to the baby shower... i have used every excuse under the sun! Im sure they know that I just dont wanna go and im past the point of caring to be honest! do whats best for you - its ok to be a little selfish some times!

albi - oh love, sorry to hear you didnt get the result you were hoping for... did they still do the iui with that result or do you mean your trying naturally this cycle? would you consider ivf if his count is that low? better odds for you?!

AFM - all good here... im 6dpIUI today... got really sore boobs but im also on progesterone so thats probably making them huge and sore! But praying its a little embie snugging in! Time will tell i guess!!! xx

T-hopes - Good luck with your TWW. Did the FS say that both your follicles would be released?? Im curious as when I went for my scan I only had one that was 'size' but my FS has never discussed the option of producing more than 1 follicle. What meds are you on? Im on clomid, trigger shot, pregnyl. (want to make sure im not missing out on anything LOL)

AFM - Yes I still did get IUI with the low count. Our FS didnt really give us an option not to and if I hadnt asked questions and then researched my DH's count then we wouldnt have known it was so low..so who knows!! I suppose he is just trying to give us hope. Positive is they got the timing perfect as an hour after the IUI I ovulated with shocking pains (had to lie down with hot packs) and we also DTD that night and the next morning with the theory of flooding the egg LOL So although I know my chances are slim Im thinking positive as after all, you only need one

Good luck to everyone else. Look forward to hearing some good news.

Hi Albi!

My FS thinks I may have O'ed with 2 eggs.... I had heaps of follicles and 3 dominant by day 8 by one of them slowed down... Im guessing it was 2 cause by day 11, one was 17mm and the other 13mm and they still had 4days worth of growin cause i had IUI on CD15! I had massive O pain too! Mine was about an hour b4 procedure so feel confident with our timing too!! I was on Puregon Injections - 50units from Day 3 - Day 13, Triggered with Ovidrel at 10.30pm Day 13 and IUI Day 15... Im not on Pregnyl but im on 400mg Progesterone Pessaries for 15 days! My god, they make me cranky!!!! Poor DH!!!

I had a lap, hysteroscopy and dye study done in May and FS found i had moderate endo and PCO, DH has good sperm count but 92% abnormalities!

Albi, well just keep thinking positive, I think it is all we can do in our journeys. Like you said, all it takes it one. On the follie topic, it all depends on how many you produce, as you are only on clomid, then your FS might think you won't produce more then 1 egg. I'm on clomid 50mg, Gonal F injections (this cycle 75 units), then trigger shot so I'm a higher risk of producing multiple follicles (any more than 3 and they will cancel the cycle). GL with your TWW.

T-Hopes, yay on getting the timing, now all you need to do is wait another 7 days and you will know.

AFM I had my trigger shot this morning so will be busy jumping DH for the next 48 hrs (sorry TMI), so this will be a quick one from me, lol. Hope you are all trying to stay positive.

T-hopes, I see you got a BFP. COONGRATULATIONS, so happy for you. You have given me much hope, I wish you are H&H pregnancy. Please keep us posted.

Albi and Epayne - how are you both going with your 2ww? you must bet getting close to the end. good luck to both of you.

AFM - had my 10 day scan today which was actually day 11. I have 2 little follicles on my right side 12mm and 13mm, I go back on Thursday for another scan and hopefully the trigger. All going to plan we do the IUI on Friday, then settle in for the 2ww.

thanks nellyM! we soooooo excited!!! and in complete shock that it worked 1st time!!!!!!!!! We got our bfp on saturday, 12dpo! i tested on 9dpo and bfn so i was really not expecting it!!!! yay for 2 follies!!! please keep us posted!

i have my blood test tomorrow then a scan at 6wks... so scared xx

WOOO HOOO T-Hopes that is so exciting, a huge congratulations and wishing you a wonderful 8+ months.

Nellym, yay on the 2 follies, best of luck for this cycle.

AFM still on my TWW, now only 6 days to go, not that I'm counting, hehehe. Well looking forward to more BFP's for the rest of the month.

Hi Ladies, how are you going with your 2WWs?

I went and had another scan today, one of my 2 follies have dropped off and the remaining one was only 16mm. Have to go back tomorrow to see how big it is. It is weird though, every other time by day 13 they have been big enough to trigger today is day 14 and not ready. Not sure what is happening.

Nellym, I was like that last cycle, my gonal f injection amount had to change and I had and extra 7 days worth of injections before I had the trigger shot. Just wish our bodies would play the game right. GL with it all.

Well, I'm now on cycle #3, AF started yesturday morning and OMG the cramps and heavyness is just rediculas again. I am on day 1/5 of clomid and are going to the FS on wed to start injections. Also have to ask him why my cycle is quite quick after o. Last cycle AF showed up day 12 after the trigger and this cycle it was day 9 after the trigger, so have a few questions. Best of luck to those still going this cycle, looking forward to more BFP's

Hi there,

Epayne - sorry you were not successful, I see October is IUI number 3 for you. It is the same for me, hopefully by November we will both be celebrating. Good luck.

AFM - went in this morning for another scan (CD15) and my one follicle was measuring anything from 16mm - 19mm, she said it was a funky shape and everytime she measured it it was changing. They triggered me and I went back this afternoon for the procedure - DH did very well producing 21mil swimming little boys.

Now I have everything crossed, wishing everyone good luck with their cycles and signing out for the next 2 weeks. I am determined not to get on the computer and over analyse everything my body does. I am just going to relax and enjoy time with my DH.

Hi girls - hang in there, if it can happen for me, it can happen for you!!! I never though in my wildest dreams it would work and here i am with a BFP! Had my Bloods on Tuesday and levels came back very high - 267!!! My nurse said anything over 100 was good so we are very happy! Had more bloods on Thurs and they have doubled and then some - #591!! NUrse said its a great start and looks like we have a nice healthy bub so far! JUst taking one day at a time!

Dont give up, keep positive!!! I was so sure i was getting my period, had really full on AF cramps - still do! Nurse said very normal!!!

Wishing you so much luck and sticky vibes! I will be stalking xx

Nellym, I will have everything crossed for you hun, GL with you TWW and trying not to think about every little change in your body.

T-Hopes, I think that is what gets me through all of this, just keep thinking that one day I will have our own bub growin inside me. When are you going to have a scan to see how many are there?? hope you have a wonderful next 8 months.

Well nothing much to report, AF is starting to slow and cramps are few and far between now which is good. Just have to wait till wed now to start the jabbing again.

Big congratulation T-Hopes!!! I think that will all give us hope. Have a lovely pregnancy and baby!!

Epayne sorry to hear AF showed! Goodluck with October

NellyM I hope your IUI works!! Fantastic count with DH swimmer! Fingers crossed for you!

AFM AF showed up yesterday so here's to round 2! Started clomid today. Positive is that this last cycle I had no spotting which is a first! I think the lap and clean out did the trick! Now here's hoping for DH to have a better count this month. Have religiously been pumping the menevit into him keep you all posted!

Albi - sorry to hear that AF showed up for you. Hopefully you will be joining me and Epayne celebrating in Nov when we all get BFPs. I know last month you had low results on your DH's swimmers. I just wanted to remind you that my DH's results were round 1 = 3mil, round 2 = 15mil and then this time for round 3 = 21mil. So hopefully you will see some improvement too. Just think positive and give him lots of praise (they like that), my DH had this clever little grin after I told him the results for the last 2 rounds. He was really down on himself the first cycle. I can imagine it would have been a bit of a blow to his masculinity, they already feel violated having to go in a cup. Of course they feel violeted yet we are the human pin cushins and constantly having strangers stick things in our HooHoo. I always chuckle though thinking that our child will be conceived via a threesome - me, dh and the nurse. BAHAHAHAHA

Epayne - what can I say? good luck. I hope you are coping ok with the clomid, I have heard it can be pretty hard on the side effects. What is the pregnyl for?

AFM - well obviously I haven't survived staying off the computer... Although I haven't been too bad, I am only like 3dpo so I am ignoring every little twinge because i know it is absolutely nothing. Too early for any kind of symptoms.

Take it easy ladies.

Nellym, best of luck with waitig, I think all we do is wait and it takes a toll on our minds. I have gonal f injections to help along with the clomid. For me clomid doesn't do anything by itself, so I need to have the injections to get my follies to grow.

Albi hope the menevit helps with DH and you get your BFP too this month.

Well off to the FS tomorrow morning to start the jabbing again. Oh and Nellym, the side effects have been ridiculous this cycle, I have been easily anoyed and DH did admit tonight he was just about to snap a couple of times at me Well FX'd for everyone to here some good news.

Albi, Epayne - how are you both doing?

Well, today I am 7dpo and I have been religously looking for symptoms.... I have had lots of twinges but I had them last month too. The only thing that has been different (from memory) is this morning I had a little bit of CM when wiping. It was kind of clear and smooth not glugy or by any means excessive. I am not really sure what to think of this. I guess though there is nothing I can do but wait.

I hope you both are coping ok with your drugs in the lead up to your procedure, you must be getting close.

Take it easy

Hey Nellym, how is the TWW going? Any more symptoms?
    AFM - Going for scan tomorrow to see how this months follicle is growing..I thinking if this month DH sperm count comes back low again we will move onto IVF...a little daunting but Im abit over the whole process. I dont even know what the process is, so Ill be asking FS about IVF tomorrow
    Hope everything is going well!
    xo

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast