... 6789

thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception - November/December 2005

Sep 2005
    hervey bay

Hi Didge thanks for your reply
    Im not sure about days if it goes by the day of OPU I am 13dpo if it goes by fertilization it is 12dpo Im not sure I get confused with this all the time the beta is due on wed but because I went to blast I thought they would still be able to do an early HCG because it would be giving off some type of HCG wouldnt it? I dont know I guess I have to wait until wed to find out. I guess they are checking my progesterone because on all of my other cycles my levels are quite low even with support, I will at least know what my progesterone is doing by this afternoon, but I had a friend who had a high progesterone but a BFN
    The fortel says that you only need 10iu of HCG in your urine surely I would have that wouldnt I ?

Aug 2005
    Hoppers Crossing, VIC

Those pee sticks are not very accurate early on from what I've read - hear so many stories of women testing and getting - only to find out that they're pregnant. There was a study done on them, read it about a month back, think it was posted on the resolve site. But they showed how inaccurate they are, are more accurate 2 weeks after a missed period. So I guess the moral to this long winded story is please try not to get too down about it, the beta is the real indicator. How're you feeling anyway?

Sep 2005
    hervey bay

Hi Didge I am not feeling too bad have had sore heavy breasts, headaches and a little cramping but Im not sure if this is from the crinone or not, I have always been able to tell I am pregnant before a missed period because of the breasts even when I had the ectopics I new I was pregnant (before I found out they were ectopics) I have all the signs there including nausea in the evenings but I dont know if this is wishful thinking or crinone or pregnancy. Anyway I will see how I go and try not to dwell on it too much, I guess I am more anxious because DH said after this transfer that this will be the end of our journey so I feel a bit stressed about that as well.

Aug 2005
    Hoppers Crossing, VIC

Hi Shazey -
    I'll be thinking of you.

Aug 2005
    Hoppers Crossing, VIC

P.S. I just read that women who are taking fertility drugs:

Experts say that women who are prone to false positives because they have hCG in their systems from a recent birth or miscarriage, or because of certain fertility drugs, may be better off with a less sensitive test. That way, the test will only pick up an increase in hCG associated with a pregnancy, not the low "background" level.

Cheers!

amandaw Guest

Hoorah!

Hi all

I haven't popped my head in since my BFP about 6 weeks ago and was very happy to see there have been a few more graduates over this time!
    Congrats!

Am thinking of you all in the forum and hope you all have some good news soon...

Amanda

Jun 2005
    near the water

Shazzey,
    I'm thinking of you :flower:
    Bec

BellyBelly Life Member

Jan 2005
    in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Shazey
    if there is no bleeding - hang in there.I had very bad cramping and still have some cramping .Crinone or early pregnancy can be causing the headaches.

When is your offical beta ?

Hi Amanda - glad to hear all is going well

BellyBelly Life Member

Jan 2005

Shannon how are you today ?

Marg - I am so sorry for BFN

Didge - you are doing well self injecting at all many ladies get DH to do it !

Bec- when are you back to cycling

Chris - how are you

Shazey - I forgot to add someone told me blasts can implant later -a day of 2

Aug 2005
    Hoppers Crossing, VIC

Hi Trish - How've you been? When's your u/s scheduled for?

BellyBelly Life Member

Jan 2005

Clinic ultrasound is 15th Dec

Feb 2005
    Planet Earth, Apparently.

Hi all, scan yesterday went ok - wasn't ready for insem today but have 3 big follis! Hooray! They were at 15mm and 2 at 14mm so after 3 more nights of injections, I will trigger thursday morning and have the IUI Friday 9am. My beta blood test is scheduled for xmas eve, how cruel is that timing?! Thats a saturday too, but they said they will make sure I get results that day so I am not waiting over xmas for news. Could be the present xmas present ever. Or the best excuse to have much champagne... I also had 2 more follis at 12mm, so should definitely have a better chance this cycle we hope. Almost time for those oogy woogy pessaries again lol.

Jun 2005
    near the water

Trish,
    I have an appointment to start cycling again in late Jan, I'm trying to be tricky because my obst said I had to wait 12 months before getting pregnant. I'm thinking if Feb is a bust, March is 12 months. He is pretty cruisey as far as meds and scans go, I'll ring him for scripts in Jan ..proganova to get my period then puregon and then profassi. I'm sure he will want to check me once I'm on the puregon. Having little one with me is surely going to be challenging, makes me think I use to hate seeing littles at the clinic. Hmm might have to rethink this one.
    How are you going not long to the scan, did you get your bloods re-done when your offical blood test was due. Hope you are feeling ok.
    Shazey: I'm like a bloody broken record. I got - 13 po and + bt on 14.
    Heather: How are you going? BT soon
    Chris: Hows the 2ww going, sending you mental
    Marg: You still hanging in there...silly 2 weeks
    Oh having a hormonal day today if only I could find something sugary and bad \/
    Hope everyone has a great day
    Bec

Jun 2005
    near the water

Oh Kell,
    Sorry sounds like a significant cycle, blood test Xmas eve. Fingers crossed a BFP chrissy gift to you
    Bec

BellyBelly Life Member

Jan 2005

Kell - goodluck honey for a brillant Christmas present for you

Feb 2005
    Perth

Kel, Christmas Eve, what a bummer! but sounds like you have a plan.

Shazey, hold in there

Bec, I tended to feel bad about taking DD with me but in a way she lights up the waiting room because they are soooo innocent & tends to lighten the mood, giving out smiles. Some of the testing, etc is a bit difficult sometimes though. Your plan to start seems all set.

Hope everyone is going well, keeping sane.

Sep 2005
    hervey bay

Hi guys just wanted to let you all know this cycle is officially over I had a progesterone level yesterday which was 19.1 so with the extra tube of blood they did a beta and it was a I would like thank you all for your positive thoughts and wishes over the last couple of weeks. I guess its time for me to re evaluate my priorities in life and concentrate more on the beautiful family I already have, thank you again, I hope everyones hopes and wishes come true and I hope you all have a wonderful xmas and new year. I will keep popping in from time to time to see how you are all going and let you all know the decisions I make.

Aug 2005
    Hoppers Crossing, VIC

I'm really sorry to hear that honey :hugs:
    I was so hoping the nasty pee sticks would once again be wrong.
    I sincerely hope you and your DH are doing ok, best of luck with your decision.
    Love,
    Didge

... 6789