Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ December 2005

Chele, what a bugger about the wait. As much as you don't want to think will happen after a cycle, I guess it helps to be prepared.

Shazy, good luck on finding a new job, I feel for you in your position.
    Sometimes it does take a while for it all to register, hope you are feeling better after your big cry & talk with DH.

Rang my clinic today, it's been 8 weeks since my EP/mc and still no AF so am getting a BT to find out what's going on. Getting a bit frustrated (though having no AF is good).

Take care

Its good to read updates from you all, I hope we have some graduates soon. I dont think I will be one. I have been pre menstrual the last couple of days, very snappy and bleaugh which is very typical of pmt for me. So feeling very down. We hit 2 years ttc in a week from now and I am exhausted by it all. Planning to either quit or take an extended break in the new year. Very disheartened, but I cant keep grieving for a child that may never exist, if it detracts from me enjoying the miracle child I have.

Hi there,
    Welcome to all the newbies - hope you have a short stay!

Hi Suzy - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. My parents had to have our family dog and cat put to sleep a few years back, was devastating. They're such a big part of our lives aren't they? Hope you're feeling ok. :hugs:

Chele - Best of luck for your FET, it sucks that it's been postponed. However, I hope the time goes by quickly enough for you.

Trish - Huge congratulations on twins!!! I'm glad everything's progressing well for you. How's mum feeling?

Dragonfly - Some people need to know when to keep their opinions to themselves, it's called self-control, or impulse-control, very under-rated Hope you are doing ok. If you need to vent, this is the board to do it!

Teagan - Sorry to hear about the BFN What a bugger. I hope you and your DH are doing ok.

Hi Mel - What's happening with you? How's everything? Hope you are well.

Shazey - Good to see you back . Best of luck with your job-hunting. You're an amazingly strong woman, and very considerate - your sister and your DH are very fortunate!

Well, I can't believe (as I say every year!) that it's almost Christmas. I thought for some reason that I still had plenty of time to organise things....Have been keeping busy writing names on baubles for the tree - I saw it on Days of our Lives years ago how everyone had their own bauble....thought it'd be nice. Easy to do too. Hope everyone's well. What do you each have planned for Christmas? If you don't mind me asking.

Cheers!
    Didge

Hi All,

There are so many posts in the last few days it's hard to keep up!
    So good luck to everyone in the 2WW and for those with not so good news, my heart goes out to you.

Kell- Keep your chin up. Enjoy your little miracle, but don't give up entirely TTC. If need be, just take a few months break. I've been TTC #1 nearly on 4 years, so i know just how frustrated you must feel.

Tam - Doesn't it get frustrating that you want to keep going and get the cycles happening but that bloody witch doens't want to show herself. I'm still waiting for AF since i had a lapersocopy back on 11th November, and all i can do now is wait. The clinic im with closes on Friday for 2 weeks so i'm going to be so cross if AF comes over christmas, as i won't be able to do anything anyway!!!

Shazey- Big Hugs to You - I know being around babies as much as you are must be really hard. I'm an ex child care worker and you have to have such a love for kids to do a job like that and it is so hard when you have trouble getting your own. My thoughts are with you. How about aged care....thats at the other end of the spectrum!!

Chele - Don't you hate it when your body just doesn't do what you want it to do and in turn puts everything back a whole month. I'm going through that now too. They wanted me to do 2 more cycles with clomid before going on to AIH in Feb, but because AF hasn't showed herself since the start of Nov, i'll be lucky to get one more in before Feb. I think this is one time that i'm praying for AF to rear her ugly head.

Didge - Good luck and i hope all works out for you. My fingers are crossed .

Suzy - Sorry to hear about your dog, but what a nice way to remember her by scattering her ashes in her favourite spots. After reading your post a had a little tear in my eye and went and gave my two 'babies', my dog and cat, a big cuddle. Not having any children of my own - yet - these two are my children and they get treated like my children, and i just love them to bits.

To everyone else - I hope you are doing well where ever you are in your cycles and heres wish to lots of BFP in 2006.

ME - I'm still here, waiting for AF to come. It's getting a bit too close now in regards to the clinic closing to start this cycle as my CD12 U/S would be due when they are still closed. If AF is nice to me, she will wait until sometime next week (at the earliest) to show herself so that i can start on clomid and then be able to get to the clinic for the scan once they re-open.

We had DH's family xmas picnic in the park on Sunday. Apparently DH's mother has told all the family what we are going through so i had everyone asking me 'Are you pregnant yet', so of course when i answer 'NO' I get the usual replies of 'Oh well, just relax and don't think about it, it will happen"....AHHHHHHH stop telling me this...I don't want to here it.

DH's cousin also told me that his wife is 16 wks pg and is really sick (which is why she wasn't there), but i was really happy for them because they have been TTC for a few years now and have had 2 m/c's and a few IVF cycles. It made me realise that it can happen, if we stick at it, so at least that was a family pregnancy that i was happy to hear about....yeah i wish it had of been me, but i know what they are going through, so it's all good.

Hope that everyone is ready for xmas. DH and i are getting ourselves ready in the shop as our little town grows by about 5000 holiday makers over the christmas holidays, so this is our busiest time of year, so lots to get ready for stock wise etc. As for the family xmas lunch, all i have to do is make some yummy treats and the stuffing and i'm all set, so that will be my Friday and Saturday jobs.

Once again, good luck to everyone and i'll drop back in before the jolly man arrives to wish you all a merry xmas.

Love SHan.

Hi there. Could one of you lovely Mods please update my details?

Name - Deirdre (Didge)
    State - Victoria
    My Previous Cycle Length - 27 - still going
    Cycle Type - Down Reg Cycle
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 58 (inc. m/c 24/02/04)
    Medications - blackmores pregnancy multivitamins, crinone
    Important Dates - Beta - New Years Day
    Reason for infertility - Endo; right tube removed 16/06/05

And could I also have my name added to the December transfers please?

Thanking you!

shazey: it's great to 'see' you - good luck with the new work path - as already mentioned you are such a strong woman - if you do decide to give it another go, I hope that next little miracle comes along for you soon.

Tam: hope the BT goes well. AF NEVER does what we want her to!

Kell: sorry to hear you are feeling a bit PMTish. Thinking of you and still sending lots of positive vibes.

Didge: everything crossable is crossed for you. :luck:

Trish: congrats on twins - when did you find out you're having two bubbies?

Lots of Christmas wishes to everyone else as well. 8-)

Me: I have a two week break from work (starting Wed p.m.) which I'm desperately looking forward to - it's been a LONG year without too much to cheer about. I'm going to catch up with family in Melbourne for a couple of days. My cousin had gorgeous twin girls a few weeks ago and I can't wait to see them in person. And then I'll be spending a few days down at Gippsland with my best friend and her family. She says I need a relaxing break away where I will be waited on hand and foot - can't argue with that!

And here's to a flourish of BFP's in the New Year.

Marg

Hi Shan,
    ....so are you guys relaxing, you know that's all it takes - obviously I'm kidding....I had one individual who I have not contacted for 3 months who would ALWAYS ask me if I was pregnant, or if we were trying, or how's all the pregnancy stuff going, even had the cheeck to ask me after her DD was born this year, if seeing her made me feel clucky... This was going on for 2 years - even after my DH told her that our chances were slim, and please don't say ANYTHING because it upsets her, she immediately turned around to me and asked me! :soapbox: So no more contact...

Good luck with AF - hope it arrives when you'd like, would be nice for her to show some consideration eh? A bit of Christmas spirit if you will

Have a lovely Christmas!

Didge

Hi Ladies,

Just quick question. How do you deal with the questions of when are you going to have a baby that come at you from all directions? Do those around you know about the problems you have? but still ask anyway?

Some answers would be great!!!

lil_chookie

Hi Lil Chookie,
    I guess it depends on how well you know them, and what your relationship with them is like.
    The majority of people can be answered with, 'When we're ready', or 'When the time is right' etc... or 'We haven't even thought about that yet, have so many other things blah blah blah.....' easy done.
    Just remember that when you say it you can't take it back, so choose who you confide in wisely.
    Most people will be cool about not asking if they know your troubles...there will always be those however, who will still ask...you can politely tell them to not do so because a. it's annoying, and b. you don't know yourself. For those who are cruel about it, my advice if they don't stop asking is to limit contact - save your emotional strength, they're not worth the effort.
    Best of luck, and if you need support, we're always here!

I think this is the time of year I find the hardest. There is a lot of catching up with people who we may not have seen all year & who are not close friends & who I choose to not tell our story too as it isn't any of their business!!

It would be nice if sometimes people looked at things a bit more logically, put two & two together and thought "okay we would have suspected these two to have had children several years ago, there once again does not seem to be a baby, perhaps they are experiencing some problems, maybe not pose that so when are you question to them????" !!!!!!!!!

I get to the point this time of year where I may have been asked the question numerous times in an afternoon and I just want to turn around and scream "It's none of your f***ing business!!!!!"

Ohh that was a little chrsitmas vent from me!!!!

DIDGE - thanks for that, i needed to have a little giggle and i liked the soap emoticon.....if only i could use that in real life instead of coming out with it!!!

lil_chookie - it is really hard when people keep asking you all the time. My close friends and really good about it and they always ask how my appointments have gone etc, but don't come out with the 'are you pg yet?' comment. I am finding that the most problems are with my family and you'd think that they would be the ones to show a little compassion, mind you after SIL announced she's pg last month all i'm getting now is 'is there a little peanut in there yet', or 'are we going to have cousins growing up together or what', etc etc. It is really hard to deal with, so i've pretty much shut myself off for it all and don't let them know what is going on etc, and if they ask i just so either 'no' or 'fine' depending on what the question is.

Also DH and I run a general store and a lot of people, when we are talking to them ask if we have children (i think mainy because we have a lot of kids come in to get lollies and being an ex child carer, I relate well to them). I pretty much say 'no, but we're trying', and then everytime they come back in again, it's like 'hows the babymaking going' etc etc. It is really hard too, but i just have to keep a smile on my face and just say that 'practice makes perfect' and laugh it off. REallly what else can i do, i don't want to upset the customers with my "soap filled mouth"

Hope that helped.
    SHan

Lol...or c. it's none of your f*%$ing business - I knew one was missing

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Marg
    we found out officially last Thursday but suspected due to high betas and the two embryos we put back.Thank you.

The big Q... and A.

When we kept getting asked about when we were having children - the standard line 'we are still practicing' - it was easier with a joke - because it was too painful and too personal especially friends and in church/work situation. The near family didn't really ask because we had only been married a few years and we were still in our early/mid twenties. I guess if they suspected later -they were sensitive. My brother & wife - had yet to have any children and DH sister's had completed their family.

I worked in a children's ward and I got asked a few times a week or more sometimes - do you have any kids ? by parents of patients

and from nursing colleagues - mostly fertile in 20's and 30' every time a new pregnancy was announced - when are you having ...

At any time there would have been 6 or more pregnant women and that's all people talked about on meal/tea breaks.

Then we adopted our DS - much to the surprise of everyone (work & family) and I gave work a weeks notice (all we got too) -They stopped asking then - DS was 13 months old at the time of adoption.

When we conceived our miracle Charlotte 10 yrs later- the family & friends were shocked ! after all those years.

Last Tuesday my SIL (from QLD) sent me a book - INFERTILITY (coping and living with it I think is more the gist) - 2 days later Dh broke our news. I haven't had a chance to read it yet ! I hope I don't have to.

Time for me to join officially
    Name - Bec
    State - Vic
    My Previous Cycle Length - preg, 48,65,waiting patiently in the 90's
    Cycle Type - FET, with FSH then proffasi trigger
    FF Link - none
    Months of TTC - 5 (3 on IVF)years before dd- 9 months old
    Medications - Elevit
    Important Dates - Back to the clinic on Jan 21st to plan for Feb transfer

I'm getting alittle edgey about the upcoming appointment, its hard to believe I did it for so long and never battered an eyelid. Better make plans to have some waxing done

Hi guys just thought I'd pop my head in to wish everyone of Safe and Happy Xmas. I hope it's not too painful a time for anyone

Melinda Guest

All fixed Didge & Bec!

Thanks for all the lovely responses ladies. I can remember way back when I was younger and never thought about these things for myself, I used to wonder why different people hadn't had children? It can be a sensitive subject in so many ways. I remember once when I was studying I was in line in the cafe in between these two women from my course. The one behind me lent over to the one in front and touched the womens belly and said "when are you due?" and she responds "I'm not pregnant". I just remember standing in front of these two women thinking can you really do that to someone? That is so invading someone's personal space. I guess that is how I feel sometimes with people asking me when I am going to have a baby. I don't know when I am going to have a baby, I put an order in for one a long time ago, it just hasn't arrived yet!!! I feel like my peronsal space is being invaided. I'm okay with it, I have a beautiful dh, a wonderful life, I just don't really want to talk about it with anyone!!

Chookie - I'm with you. I never used to ask people the "When are you going to have a baby?" question and I would never touch anyone's stomach nor presume they were pregnant either. It's all a bit personal for me!

Some people are a bit bold though. Can't help themselves and probably don't think too much either.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast