Thread: Is it normal for your period to be late after a failed ivf??

Default Is it normal for your period to be late after a failed ivf??

Hi ladies,
    hoping that you might be able to clarify this for me.

I have had 1 ivf attempt which was unsuccessful - I got my period on day 16 (just before I was due to have a pregnancy test) on 4 July. The period last around 8 days with it mostly being spotting towards the end.

I am now waiting for a period so that I can start the FET....I am usually a 26 day cycle so was excepting my period on 29 July however am now 3 days late....

Has anyone else experienced this or is anyone able to tell me if this is normal after an IVF cycle that wasn't successful?

After all the drugs and artificial products being put into your body, i would imagine that things will be quiet different and your body out of whack so to speak. I can't remember to be honest what my body did exactly after our IVF, but i know it took a bit to get back into the norm again.. all the best leis xx

I too, had a failed IVF cycle recently and my period was about 2 weeks late. I also found i was experiencing some of the side effects the meds said i may get while taking them. Crazy huh? Best of luck with FET. Such a long process, i wish we could sleep from the day we start and wake up on pregnancy testing day (but have taken all the meds in our sleep) If only?

my AF are never regular so I cant help on that sorry. The only time they ever come when expected is for that BFN test! I hope the witch arrives soon, so you can start for the FET. Hoping it is a lucky cycle for you. Sending you much babydust!

Thank you ladies

The whole process is just so confusing that sometimes you don't know what is to be expected. :eek:

AF still hasn't shown up but fingers crossed it is soon

Best of luck to you all also

1 failed IVF (ICSI)
    2 frosties waiting
    TTC - since Nov 03

Destiny
    I also had late periods after failed IVF. Over a week late. Hope AF comes soon. But on the other hand, the longer she's away, the longer your body has to recover from the stim cycle. Goodluck with your FET.

Hi!
    I am also in the same situation as you and was wondering if it is "normal" to have a longer cycle after IVF. I have had 1 failed IVF stimulated cycle and am now waiting for AF which is also late. All this waiting is so hard...through all of this I have found I am not very patient!!! Hope you are on the way to your FET and goodluck with everything!!

~*SparQ*~ Guest

I had a back to back cycle (hindsight should have waited a month)
    I ended up on Synarel for 12 weeks waiting for my period to arrive (even provera didn't work so started the next cycle regardless which was a disaster) I then had no period as expected again (average of 30 day cycles), then on Day 47 I did a HPT and fell over in shock with a BFP, worked out I'd ovulated around Day 28 (which had never happened before). So I guess you can say, I'm another that has had delayed periods after failed IVF.

Hi all,
    AF finally arrived today - 10 days late.

It would have been helpful if the nurses at the clinic had advised this may happen to prevent all the unnessary worry & 'hope'.

Anyway hope this information helps anyone else in the same situation.....