Thread: TTC for 2.5 years with a 10 year age gap

Default TTC for 2.5 years with a 10 year age gap

Hi ladies I am new here. My partner and I have been TTC for 2.5 years since our DD was 8.5 years old. I have had severe depression along with anxiety, panic attacks and stress issues along with Stage 4 Endometriosis just before we fell pregnant with little miss chickadee who will be turning 10 years old on Monday. Have been battling Depression and Endometriosis for the last 18 years of my life and the Endometriosis keeps coming back even after I have had 4 laparoscopic surgeries and a live birth. I have noticed that today after 2.5 years of my periods being haywire and all over the place that I am actually ovulating properly and that the mucous from my vagina is quite sticky, stretchy and very wet and clear. Should my partner and I be making love now in this 3 day window of opportunity that we have and when should I be testing for BFP?

Default Re: TTC for 2.5 years with a 10 year age gap

Hi Tigerlilly,
    First, hugs to you. I also have stage 4 endo and have had depression too. I think it can be correlated. Well, I would definitely be trying now, but also trying not to get too attached to the outcome. I guess you could test in about 14 days but that could be too early. Also, sometimes you might find it better not to test, and wait for your period and try not to get hopes up. Easier said than done. I was a serial early tester, every single cycle. Are you thinking about IVF at all? Has your partner been tested?
    It is such a hard road. Well done on reaching out.
    lots of peace and luck to you,
    WW
    x

Also have you heard of the Endometriosis Care Centre of Australia? Probably.
    Also Lena Dunham is a famous person who has suffered and describes her suffering really eloquently. You could google her essay on it.
    WW
    x

I have had a heap of blood tests, urine tests, Ultrasounds and we really can't afford IVF and my partner refuses to get tested as he doesn't want to go into the hospital and 'jerk off' in one of those little rooms.

And no I haven't heard of that Center - The Endometriosis Care Center of Australia - what do they do?

Re your partner, oh dear. That is tough. I guess if you can't afford IVF, then there is no need for him to test (it would affect whether you'd do ICSI, a type of IVF for male factor).
    Just google ECCA. I saw a doctor through them and he is very good. I don't think I am allowed to name him. But if you google it, you'll find him. Also there are diet suggestions, like very little red meat, low or no dairy and/or no gluten and green tea (not jasmine, green). Acupuncture. Also pricey though. For me, the laps were what did it. Also a DnC can refresh your lining, or even just a scrape.

The gynecologist wants me to get a HSG done if I am not pregnant and also she wants to chart via blood tests to determine if I am ovulating. We live in Adelaide

I am now three days late for my period when should I be testing for BFP or BFN?

Got AF.....Feeling sad 😢 Going for a HSG next week on the 15th December.

Got the HSG thing done today - extremely painful and very very sore.

Did you get your results tigerlilly? Hope you have recovered from the HSG.

I had the HSG done and I am still a little bit sore. My tubes are all in good working order and patent.

That's good hopefully an "oil and grease" of your tubes helps you get a BFP.