Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PPL. Did your employer pay you from your leave date?

I wouldn't rely on it happening. Very few employes would do that as there is zero safety net to get the money back if you decide (for instance) to switch to baby bonus or something. The way your employer has messed you about recently I'd put no stock in it at all. And I wouldn't expect it from them

If your incomes are very low, you might qualify for newstart incapacitated from when you finish up to when baby arrives and then you can switch to parenting payment alongside your ppl. Your other halfs income will impact your entitlement but if he is working casually as well it is probably a worthwhile option. Yes it can take a while to process but as long as you return everything by the dates you are told it can be back paid to the date you initially contact (so ring the day after you finish up work)

Double post
    Last edited by briggsy's girl; May 23rd, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

Are you paying for one car or two at the moment (insurance)?

Do you have anything you can sell?

Just trying to think of ways you might be able to save money in case the ppl is delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    I wouldn't rely on it happening. Very few employes would do that as there is zero safety net to get the money back if you decide (for instance) to switch to baby bonus or something. The way your employer has messed you about recently I'd put no stock in it at all. And I wouldn't expect it from them

If your incomes are very low, you might qualify for newstart incapacitated from when you finish up to when baby arrives and then you can switch to parenting payment alongside your ppl. Your other halfs income will impact your entitlement but if he is working casually as well it is probably a worthwhile option. Yes it can take a while to process but as long as you return everything by the dates you are told it can be back paid to the date you initially contact (so ring the day after you finish up work)
    Thanks BG. Can you actually decide to swap last minute? I thought that because I had already put a claim in and received a letter back saying I am eligible and all was good, that it would be "safe". Well, it can't hurt to ask I guess. What have I got to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by HotI View Post
    Are you paying for one car or two at the moment (insurance)?

Do you have anything you can sell?

Just trying to think of ways you might be able to save money in case the ppl is delayed.
    Just paying for one car ATM because DH has no licence till July. We are thinking of selling DH 'project' car that he never gets around to doing up. That will give us an extra $1500. There is someone interested, but they are turning out to be a stuff around (like the 5 before). If DH can be guaranteed 5 days a week we will be ok, but it can't be promised. He loses $150 a day when he doesn't work.

Thankyou everyone for your help/suggestions. Hopefully we will be ok. I have always kept our living expenses to a minimum for these situations so i hope it will pay off and we will scrape through this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12