Thread: Single, expecting and need advice

Default Single, expecting and need advice

Hi all,

I have just found out that I am pregnant to a person I am no longer with.

I am 34 and 6 years ago my marriage ended because of not being able to get pregnant after 3 years of trying and losing one pregnancy.

Obviously I am confused and scared and also excited at the prospect of having a baby but I need information on how it would work.

I have just started a new job which is ironically a contract until about the time I am due, which takes maternity leave off the table I think.

I have heard of several different assistance payments available but I can't figure out which is which and ultimately what would be available for me in my situation.

Is there anyone who can help me out as to what I am possibly able to receive and a ball park as to how much it would be per week?

Please understand that termination is yes an option but after trying for that time and now being 34 (35 this November) it's not my ideal choice and it breaks my heart thinking of that.

On the other hand, if I do have to go down that path, I know I would be saving hard for a year to make it happen hopefully in the right circumstances.

Thanks in advance.
    EJ

Default Re: Single, expecting and need advice

Congratulations on your pregnancy. It sounds like this little person was mean't to be.
    Your right termination is an option however given your history and the fact nothing is really certain can you risk potentially not having the opportunity to fall pregnant again?
    As far as I'm aware depending on your income and weather you would like to return to work and when you may be entitled to a single parent pension which can help with the cost of living whilst your baby is young. I was in that position when my relationship ended when my daughter was 12months old as I was still at uni and couldn't work with study and a child. When she was 3 I found full time work when I was qualified.

No idea, but congratulations!

Thanks ladies. X

the govt paid parental leave requires to you work for 10 of the 13 months before bub arrives, with no longer than 6 weeks off at once, and do 330 hours in that time(8 hrs a week).
    then its minimum wage for 18 weeks, which helps out.