Thread: Timing of Dad & Partner Pay

Default Timing of Dad & Partner Pay

We've submitted our claim early for DHs DPP. It for some reason wouldn't let us select any start date other than baby due date. It says he can't be working or on annual leave when he takes this payment. That's fair enough, but being only an estimated date DH doesn't want to commit with certainty to that date - last time DD was born 12 days overdue and that would be almost his entire leave!

Is there any way he can just get them to start the day the baby is born - like we don't have a set date now and we call when baby is born?

they won't pay it for a date prior to the birth anyway - so when bub arrives, they will alter the dates from there to ensure you get the dates that cover your DH being on leave

Thank you BG So will they not pay until the birth is registered?

nope, it cannot be paid until you get the paperwork in from the hospital

Great news, thank you I've got a question about PPL too - I get 24 weeks paid by my employer, and would prefer PPL start after that. Last time the PPL started after the birth, how do I make sure it starts on the day I want?

when you do your claim, you nominate the start date - as long as it is fully paid before bub turns one and before you return to work, you can nominate any date

Ah ok. I've already done that claim but it wouldn't let me put a date later than edd. Won't really matter, we'll just put it aside until the work one runs out.

you can change it once you get notification of the claim being processed (and on the claim form you submit after the birth from memory)

Brilliant, thanks heaps

Last time I had the PPL start after my employer's leave finished as well. I didn't do it online though I don't think and I just popped the start date on the paperwork. I'll do the same this time.