Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Working Mummies Support Group #2

Default Re: Working Mummies Support Group #2

Hello

Good luck with the next part of the job application!!! Exciting!

Tt, I hear you. I may have to pull a shift over Easter but am resisting. It will be low activity and unless they can prove it is worth me
    Coming in, it ain't happening! Won't e hard to convince my boss when he works out my pay rate!

I don't envy trying to juggle work with children there. It must be really really hard. I have no advice but I can listen.

I totally get enjoying having time at either end of the day with the kids. I leave for work at 0600. Dh does drop off. I get home anywhere between 1600 and 1800 hours. Just depends on how late I stay back and traffic. Every now and again I leave early and love being able to make it to school in time for the bell. I cherish my one day off where I can walk dd1 to and from school. It is heaven!

Big day tomorrow - last day of contract and I have a job interview at 8:00AM!!!

So much to get finished tomorrow, but didn't have many options with interview times - so what will be will be - am going to get an early night I think - I look exhausted - need to try reverse that for the morning :-)

I hope if I am successful they don't want me to start straight away, I am on holiday next week a couple of days just DH and I and then I was hoping to have a few weeks off at least, for the long list of jobs I have put off till after this contract. What will be will be I suppose.

Beansbeans - That sounds very stressful situation - I couldn't cope I don't deal well with feeling torn in two directions. I must say I have always thought running your own business and raising a family would be very hard, and have always been amazed at the amount of articles and adverts around aimed at mums saying 'get that work life balance' work for yourself. I am sure suits some people but for me I really need the separation. Is there anyway you could not have the kids with you at work for one day a week or something - you might find knowing you have that one time to focus on one thing really helps?

Good luck for tomorrow!!!!

Good luck tomorrow wysiwyg!

Good luck!

Good luck wysiwyg!

So it's kinda hard to get children free at the business because we are hospitality based. Most days I have random jobs like errand running, helping out with prep etc, we have dinner there almost every night before I take the children home for bath, homework and bed. But on Fridays and Saturdays, I help out with everything. The children have a safe place which has lounge room, playroom bedroom all combined, it's also next to where dh works. I would love to get them looked after on these nights but care isn't an option unfortunately. We have hired a full timer, and although that has reduced my workload a bit, I'm still needed to run it on those nights, after all I work for free, but so does dh at the moment.
    So basically on those nights I work, I can check on the children whenever I need to, also they can go to dh if they need something (but like most kids they only ask him where I am). Some nights/days are better than others. Some times they play happily and are settled, other times they are not. Sounds great in theory, reality is sometimes a lot different. Nothing like having to stop at the busiest time of day to change a nappy, split up fighting siblings etc.

Best of luck wysiwyg x

Best of luck for tomorrow wysiwyg!

Beans I don't know how you do it. I hated my work from home days, I did the minimum required because it was hard with DD there, and fast too many times I had to take her to the office with me. Hope you can get something better sorted.

Thanks everyone. Interview went well I think - should hear next week - they were only interviewing one other person late today. I think even if don't get this one, they were interested in my CV for future reference as they took my number (they are not really meant to do that as all contact should be through the recruitment agency).

Last day of work was ok, am exhausted now though. I will miss some of the guys there, and got two good mini appreciation speeches - even one from the one person that is a big part of me leaving. The way the project is going it could still be going on in 6 months and if I get nothing else I will be desperate enough for anything to go back :-)

I have got a follow up interview on Tuesday morning! Mum and Dad still here till Tuesday night so they can watch the kids, so good timing. Had a great 2 days away with DH and got back and got phone call about interview next week - so all is good.

woohoo!!

congratulations, lovely, that's so awesome!

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Yay wysiwyg, sounds like they want you

Congrats on the second interview, I hope you blow them away

Good luck for tomorrow wysiwyg
    beansbeans, that sounds very difficult. We have "all roles flex" at work, but I prefer not to work at home as there always seems to be a 3-yr-old head stuck in my lap.

Me - well, one of the reasons I've been away is not coping with working full time and managing the renos, moving house etc. We've moved house and stuff is starting to settle. My job is OK except the place doesn't "feel" good. I'm looking for another role within the same company, and I have a second interview for that this Friday.

Good luck for Friday Kazbah - and welcome back also.

I am having the collywobbles a bit about tomorrow, about whether I will be prepared to go up to four days for this job - I have checked and I could get daycare for the Fridays but I love Fridays, I do Forest Kinder and all sorts of other fun stuff - we don't have any commitments on a Friday and I would lose that - Tuesday I would also have off, but DD has swimming and an art class those days so is more restrictive.

What will be will be I suppose - maybe they will be mad keen to save money and only want me three days a week. Maybe the job will sound rubbish and I won't want it, I would love a few weeks off, but opportunities only come when they come. At least they have said that I will know what is what by end of tomorrow or early Wednesday.

Well I guess I better find a new thread - one titled "Redundant Mummies Support Group"

Totally devastated. Am in the 'anger' stage atm. How dare they?? My whole centre is closing. Too many people I love including our best friends (married couple) are also gone. 14 years for what??

And we have to keep it under wraps until Wednesday.....

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast