Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Working Mummies Support Group #2

Default Re: Working Mummies Support Group #2

Oh no MN - I had my fingers crossed it wouldn't happen. That really really sucks.

Oh big hugs MN I was made redundant 2 months before I started mat leave in November last year (completely above board from them, though sounds dodgy!) but I remember that angry stage all to well, it does get better but let it all out.
    I felt much better after a few days of tears x

I'm so sorry MN Big hugs, I hope you get through ok.

Best of luck for tomorrow wysiwyg! And for Friday Kazbah!

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Oh no that's terrible MN. Will it be easy for you to get another job?

Interview cancelled as interviewer sick - rescheduled for Thursday morning - I was just getting dressed, hadn't left yet thankfully. Bit of a pain in the neck but at least they managed to fit me in on Thursday as were asking for Friday and would have been tricky with the kids.

Oh no MN!

Oh big hugs MN that sucks. I was made redundant on returning from mat leave last year, if you need help or advise on getting a new job I am happy to share what I know.

Wysiwyg -what a pain for the delay but glad you could get another time quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
    Oh no that's terrible MN. Will it be easy for you to get another job?
    I just dont know..... Have only just started to look to see whats out there. I think I will struggle to find a similarly paid role. Based on my tenure (14 yrs) and performance I am high on the renumeration scale. Entering another workplace I would potentially enter at the bottom of the scale again. The other issue is I currently have flexible work arrangements with a work from home day and an RDO to help balance family life. I'll lose that. A new employer is unlikely to offer that to me. I only have it based on my tenure etc

Today we have had confirmed that the redundancies will be rolling, and will commence in July, ending in November. I anticipate that I could well be one of the last men standing so to speak, as my role is a bit different and more complex than the others, who knows though

If we leave prior to the redundancy period (e.g. July) then its viewed as a resignation, no redundancy pay, after that dependant on when we are required till, we may be able to take our redundancy early if we find a job earlier, HR will confirm. I won?t be leaving without a redundancy pay, I would be stupid to leave earlier.

I am going to go full time in the interim, so I am paid out as a full timer, and to increase my income in the interim, I am devo though, I miss precious time with DD while she?s little. I hadn't planned to work full time until she started school. I feel terrible that I am making this decision based on money.

I am devo, I cant stop crying. This is just terrible. 14 years of service for what? Tomorrow we have to tell our people. The job cuts were announced on the radio today - WTF?? I had two of my people ask me if we were affected. I had to lie and say I didn't know. I hate this. Tomorrow we destroy the lives of about 70 more people. Our Leadership group is just shattered, at least we wont have to keep it a secret any longer

Oh, MN, I'm so very sorry

Good luck, Kaz & wysiwyg

Quote Originally Posted by MummyNaomi View Post
    I am going to go full time in the interim, so I am paid out as a full timer, and to increase my income in the interim, I am devo though, I miss precious time with DD while she’s little. I hadn't planned to work full time until she started school. I feel terrible that I am making this decision based on money.
    You aren't really making it based on money, you are making it based on what is best for your family in the long term - this full-time work will give you more money so you will be in a better position to make decisions in the future. I would do exactly what you are doing - it is maximum 7 months? but the impact of the money lost by not going -full-time could last much much longer.

Just coming back in it say big big hugs MN, what an absolutely crap situation.

wysiwyg - good luck tomorrow!!!! knock them out!

They would be mad not to take you wysiwyg

I'm ok, staff told today, it was handled terribly, we cleaned up the mess they made after the official announcement. Glad it's out in the open now, massive weight lifted. Now we just get on with it

Huge hugs MN.

I was made redundant from my company 3 yrs ago.

Lasted 5 rounds of redundancy but in the end they offshored the whole department so we all had 6months notice.

My manager was furious as she wanted to leave straight away but i was fine. But like u we had to knowledge transfer for 6mnths or not get any package at all

Bludging and "working from home" for 6 months was fantastic.

It really helped because the whole syd department was going

Very bittersweet because we all worked so hard for that company when it was only a small one and many of us were there for 10 yrs plus.

Best thing that happened. Got redundancy package as well as a better job.

All the best hun.

Quote Originally Posted by MummyNaomi View Post
    They would be mad not to take you wysiwyg
    That is true :-) but there is a lot of madness in the world - I might not like the sound of it when I get there anyway that is always a possibility - and given it isn't going to be a great commute - it will have to live up to what I want to take it. Will only be a 3 month contract but likely to go for 9 apparently, but if they want four days a week - the first 3 months I will be working for nothing virtually because of the cost of childcare due to what I have already earned this financial year, and rebate will have hit ceiling - if it can get me into a new area though it will be worth it I think, the software will be using - there is hardly anyone in Australia trained/with experience in using it (you have to go to South Africa or England for a course) - the software won't be that difficult but given recruitment agents are so set on having experience in the exact software (they don't seem to believe in transferable skills) then it would be good to have on CV.

MN - more hugs from here, and from DH too (as a former employee of your company he had noted the developments in the paper etc).

Well it went well I think - and sounds like 3 days might work too :-) - Should know by end of tomorrow. Commute isn't going to be great but I think will be worth it - is a pharma company - so it sort of felt like home.

Hope you get the contract wysiwyg.

Just over work at the moment. Thought I was just the one receiving the brunt of anti part-time sentiment from of the staff members, but one of the others has been copping it worse than me! Not sure how to deal with, other than pull up the culprit when she does it. Try to be polite as much as I can, but wont let her get away with it.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast