Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Working Mummies Support Group #3

Default Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

Hi Mildez
    I'm feeling very similar at the moment, though it feels like a bit of a broader depression for me too.
    As with leckert (and as you hinted yourself) I think the problem for me at the moment is exhaustion.
    I've done lots of thinking of alternative careers or even not working at all and being at home with the kids full time and really I think my current career is a good fit for me. I'm just burnt out, exhausted, and totally over it. I should probably take a break as leckert suggested but I'm currently behind many deadlines at the moment so I don't really feel like I can. I'm trying to compartmentalise more and make sure I get at least short breaks.
    It sounds like you've got plenty of reason to be exhausted yourself. Is it possible for you to take a break soon?

I'm going back on 2 days (hopefully) to a job I fought tooth and nail to do. And I normally love the job itself. I love the people I spend 90% of my time with.

But I'm not looking forward to the niggly extras, the people who make meetings last twice as long as they need to, the judgement, the never being allowed to have an off minute... I don't want to leave my baby to be nagged at and treated worse than we'd treat a child in our care. Just for ten minutes a month, from a superior, but that's what breaks me. At least said superior has left now, not a nice way of thinking of it, but there it is.

As well as fatigue, having to cram in housework and parenting on your work days, wanting to be with your children... could there be one person with a pull down mentality that you see sometimes?

I think your right and its just me been burnt out and the exhaustion. I guess I will have to consider going on annual leave for a while or going on maternity leave early. I don't even know how early you can take it. It is possible for me to reduce my hours to 6hrs a day instead of the 8 but then I still have the same cost of childcare and the extra 4hours a week is worth a few hundred dollars a pay (fortnightly) so it is quiet a bit to loose.

I have also come to the relization that I will have to return to work when this baby is 6weeks old. I have not broke the news to DH yet. Everything seems so hard at the moment.

Ca Plane the lady I work with closely is lovely but is quiet demanding of my time. I think she isn't helping. The good news is we have another member joining out team soon so I won't be the only sound board for the other woman. Don't get me wrong she is lovely but quiet a dominant personality and likes to dictate what I do despite my workload been twice as busy as her own. This new team member however has no experience and this will be her first job in our field. She is also disadvantaged as she is not a midwife (only RN). She will need alot of orientation and I guess by the time she is ready to work on her own I will be leaving. In saying this I am really looking forward to meeting her. My other team member is considerably older then I am and her lifestyle is very different. The new person starting is younger with a young family and I am just hoping we get along well. Atleast thats something to look forward too.

Sorry for the me post, but...

I don't want to go back to work! I don't want to work 4 days. I don't want to work on my son's first birthday. I have a child care dilemma, as in the one local centre that doesn't horrify me has no space, friend cannot do 4 days and PiL flat out won't do 2 hours a week for 6 weeks.

I was ok with 2 days. Not 4 going down to 3 in June. Feeling overwhelmed, angry and upset.

I'm sorry you're in that position.

Are there any sensible options for getting a private nanny? Or can your DH drop his hours until you go down to 3 days?

Re the birthday etc, what flexibility do you have about annual leave, definitions of carer's leave, etc?

We can't afford a private nanny, and DH won't take time off for childcare, that's what I do, it's my problem. He is stupid sometimes. Rushed to hospital with poorly Stormageddon yesterday, and he was annoyed I'd messed up his day. He picked me up almost 2 hours post discharge cos he wanted to eat dinner. Forget starving BFing wife with baby on no solids. He wants a 1950s family, but I need to work and support us financially too.

As for work, I teach so no flexibility or holiday hours. Sucky job. At least school know I can't take all the work home so it won't get done to their impossible standards on 3 days.

Big hugs.

That sounds very sucky ...

I hope a solution arrives, but I don't have any other ideas atm.

Just love and hugs.

hugs! I hear you, im finding teaching with small kids to be such a struggle.

Im so sorry your partner isnt supportive. what is his solution to have a housewife and still keep a roof over your heads?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112