Thread: Advice: Didephlic Uterus, 2nd Pregnancy,

Default Advice: Didephlic Uterus, 2nd Pregnancy,

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else with didephlic uterus who has had or is on their second successful pregnancy (this is technically my 3rd, but second successful).

I had my son in 2009 and he was in my left uterus. He was born via c-section at 37+6 due to sub-chronic haemorrhage at 35+5. I also have other issues that prevent natural birth.
    I'm curious about other ladies experiences with second (or subsequent) pregnancies with the same condition.
    My current pregnancy is in the right uterus this time. My biggest concern is early labour or bleeding again. I was hospitalised due to the bleeding last time and I had been on light duties/bed rest from 28 weeks. Given I have a 4 year old this time it's going to be a little harder if that's the case.

I'm only 6 weeks but trying to be better prepared this time around and give the doctors my own informed opinions, given it is my body and baby, my doctors before had never experienced didephlic uterus.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help!

Default Re: Advice: Didephlic Uterus, 2nd Pregnancy,

I don't have a didephlic uterus, and I've never carried a pregnancy to term, but I had a thought - wouldn't the risk of repeat early labour or bleeding actually be lower than for a normal uterus? If your last pregnancy was in the left side, and this is in the right, isn't it essentially like a first time pregnancy again, at least as far as the uterus is concerned?

My thinking could be completely off track, it's just a thought

It kind of is like it has never been pregnant, but it did have to stretch with the other, given it's like 1 uterus but split in the middle.
    From what I understand the risk of preterm labour is high, but I want to know from people's personal experiences if they were more at risk with subsequents, or if they did go into preterm labour. I also had placenta previa last time and I have a 30% higher chance of having it again.

I've done plenty of research but google isn't personal and doesn't give you proper statistics with these things, personal experiences are much more useful.

Not me but I have a friend who didnt discover she had 2 uteruses until her 2nd bub as she had a fibroid growing in the other through out the pg. It had surprisingly ben missed with her first (csec). I do know she had trouble concieving and has had a number of miscarriages, im pretty sure her earthside bubs are from the same uterus and her angels the other.
    Not the same...but can put you in contact if you need someone to talk to