Thread: Magnesium deficiency/migraines

Default Magnesium deficiency/migraines

After spending half of today being monitored at the hospital as I had a debilitating headache with weird vision, I've been told I now suffer from migraines and I also have a magnesium deficiency.

Can anyone shed any light for me on this. I'm now starting to wonder if a lot of what I've experienced lately is related.

- persistent foot/leg cramps
    - numbness in legs/cold feeling
    - persistent headaches (even when fluid intake is fine)
    - lack of appetite
    - slow growing baby (I'm 33+3 and measuring only 30.5 weeks - growth was fine up until 28 weeks)

Doctors initially thought I had preeclampsia but my bp is spot on (for a normal person, slightly high for me but not of concern)

Thanks in advance ladies

The leg cramps and muscular stuff, and loss of appetite I can say definitely are magnesium related issues. Not sure about the headaches or bub related symptoms though.

Thanks ausgirl - looks like its off to the chemist for me

yep lots of things can be attributed to magnesium deficiency, even when not pregnant. our food is depleted from magnesiym so most ppl are,lacking it n should be taking supplements especially when pregnant! cramping, headaches n insomnia are the most common signs.

Yep, my acupuncturist was always talking about magnesium - apparently it can help with sleep if you're experiencing preggy insomnia and you can also put it in your bathtub - I think they're called Epsom salts? Great for aching muscles. I'm going to have to ask her about my nearly 3 yr old having leg cramps at nighttime in his sleep, as I'm starting to wonder whether it's the same deficiency?