Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My tummy is so sore

Default My tummy is so sore

i am looking for advice on a couple of things.

First is easy, my bump is not symmetrical, it is off to one side. I notice mainly because my belly button which is already out is not in the centre. Has anyone else had this?

Secondly, my tummy is really sore. I have a muscle seperation. I am wearing a tummy band everyday (which helps), but still get pain and when i am not wearing the band it is quite strong. I worry cos i am only 16 weeks and still have a long way to go. Do you have any suggestions for more supportive something that i can wear? I have found quite a few things for hip/pelvis issues, but no so much for tummy issues while pregnant. I am planning on getting some SRC recovery shorts for later, but need something for during the pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by HotI View Post
    i am looking for advice on a couple of things.

First is easy, my bump is not symmetrical, it is off to one side. I notice mainly because my belly button which is already out is not in the centre. Has anyone else had this?.
    I'm the same HotI & it has me worried - my tummy is a lot firmer on the right hand side. Combined with the fact I haven't put on any weight & I'm getting concerned.
    My SIL had muscle separation during her latest pregnancy, I'll ask her today what techniques she used & pass the information on.

My SIL said those support shorts are great, highly recommended I get them and that they were worth the money. Sounds as though it would be worth it in your case. I toughed it out, but if I was going to have a third I would try them out.

My tummy is often uneven, though I am further along then you. I would assume it would depend on babies position.

The pregnancy shorts go below the tummy, so i don't think they will help now. I also toughed it out last time, but am definitely getting the recovery shorts this time.

Yes, with the belly button! But it went back in the right spot later.

A scar I have from keyhole removal of gall bladder is still in the wrong spot though The one near your sternum - mine is a good 2cm non central now. Weird.

With the separation I can't help - as we've discussed before mine hasn't been painful, but sadly yours clearly is

sounds like a wonky bump is all normal.

just bumping for any suggestions on things that I can purchase to support my tummy during pregnancy.

ta

Can tubi grip be used during pregnancy? I know it's often used to help after pregnancy. It may be worth seeing a physio.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsandBears View Post
    Can tubi grip be used during pregnancy? I know it's often used to help after pregnancy. It may be worth seeing a physio.
    Yes it can! I saw a physio at 24 weeks for something unrelated to my tummy, and she noticed a bulge in my stomach and gave me some tubi grip to wear daily. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My belly button was completely out because of the separation, with tubi-grip on its completely flat and the support feels amazing. You can also use it after birth, Im planning to hit them up for some asap once I have bub hahaha.

I have tubigrip, and another similar band. they help but not enough. perhaps, I need to get new ones that are a bit firmer. I thought there might be another miracle item to help, but maybe there is not.

thanks for replying.

Do you have the tubi grip doubled up hotI? Otherwise may need a smaller size.

yep doubled up. I think the tubigrip is just too stretched or too big to offer enough support. the other ones I have shouldbebetter, but they not really working either.

might have to try new tubogrip, will have to find out where I can get some new stuff.

I've been to an excellent woman women's physio (did you get that?) near me, D.C. Let me know if you want her details. Shr got me tubigrip after DS1.

Have you tried a belly bra? Or is that similar to the tummy band you have? Now that the weather is warming up, i'd be looking at getting to the pool as often as I could to help relieve some of the pressure.

Hotl what about that wrap called belly bandit?

Otherwise I'd say a new tubigrip. Mine (which I wore post partum) had to be chucked in the end as it lost its support/stretch. Lots of chemists sell them or physio supplies.

ETA - or your midwife/caregiver or hospy should be able to get one for you.

The belly bandit FAQ says only for postnatal, but i will remember that one for later.

The belly bra definitely looks like it is worth trying.

OP, can you also pass on details of physio via FB?

Ta lots.

Default Re: My tummy is so sore

Bumping this because I've had the most painful taut, stitch-like feeling around my bellybutton and in a vertical line down the centre of my stomach, mostly concentrated in the top half. I've just had it the last few days but it means I can't lean over, recline or put any kind of pressure on my belly without pain. My OB said it sounds like pressure / stretching around my abdominal muscles which is more common in subsequent pregnancies.

Hotl did you find much relief in the end?

Deleted post cause I should have read more carefully

I made myself some tummy bands that go from.ribs to hips that helped some. I also use a hug a bub and wrap my bump when I can. I found a local women's physio that has helped my back.

I think my tummy pain was at its worst when the top of the uterus was at the height of the weakest tummy part. learning how to move to put least pressure on tummy was important and also working on core muscles.

sorry you are so sore. are you wearing tubigrip?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast