Thread: Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) inc. SPD in Pregnancy

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) inc. SPD in Pregnancy

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Thanks Kelly. At 10 weeks with #3 and already in quite a bit of pain.... yes, you said it perfectly: I most certainly want to punch relaxin in the face!

Yep another here who wants to punch relaxin in the face! Thanks for sharing good article

Default Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP), inc. SPD in Pregnancy

I suffered with it quite bad this last time, enough to put me off pregnancy again! Remembering that its usually an underlying problem that relaxin makes worse... So important to get regular treatment.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

I'm on fortnightly treatments with my Chiro, I have been for the last few months, might be stepping it up to weekly from now until the birth. I want everything as good as it can be in there for birthing I'm working extra hard on sitting straight, not slightly twisted to one side (a bad habit of mine forever) Yoga ball is now my computer chair too. This is the first of my 4 pgs where I've had the pelvic pain. But I suspect it comes from my last pg where I damaged my groin and misaligned my pelvis quite badly from excessive vomiting when I was sick with HG. My Chiro fixed it then, and we kept it good through out the pregnancy, but this time I'm not doing so well. I had also stopped work by now which made a difference I think...only 2 weeks more until mat leave

Yup my pelvis was twisted and I had the worst pain that went up my back and around my ribs - not down like sciatica. I should have gotten chiro sooner but because I prefer osteo and couldn't find one up here, I did no therapy until the very end. The birth made it magically disappear. She was in a funky position though.
    Kelly xx

Ah yes, birth, looking forward to the magic cure Good bye pelvic pain and nausea!

nearly 15 weeks and I'm in a Stork S'Port that I've borrowed from the osteo clinic (and looking to buy and Upsie Belly to alternate with, because the borrowed one is white!), sleeping with a thigh pillow and this week I've got a GP appt to organise a disabled parking permit. It's come about 10 weeks earlier than last time and I'm not coping with it well, emotionally, so I'll also talk about a mental health plan. My usual 'mental health plan' is horse riding and surfing. Well, definitely can't do the first one anymore, which is quite gutting, and the second one will rely on offshore conditions because cross currents will cause too much pain. I'm hoping that my belly stays kind of small, like it usually does, so that I can surf in summer.
    The osteo says that by wearing the belt now I should avoid muscle separation, or minimise it more than the last two times. I hope he's right!
    Meanwhile, I'm back on the PIA Australia website religiously. And bursting into random tears at my helplessness.
    I've already had to explain to a couple of people that when I say 'losing my pelvis' I don't mean it in a naive, first time pregnant way, and that I mean it in the "I've had it since my first pregnancy and it will require regular osteopathy and a disabled parking permit" kind of way!
    On the upside, I have read heaps of books!!